It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Weird Response...What to make of this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Now there's one I hadn't considered!

Hmmmm….

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RubyRogue
I don't think there's anything weird going on...she probably contacts many people if she's into this...and maybe she didn't remember she had already spoken to you. Maybe she gathered all the information for her records that she needed, hence not hearing from her in a few months.

Could be. This is something someone would likely do, no doubt. Especially if they were serious.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
From what little I could tell in the video, yeah, she is kind of attrative! LOL!!

Noice.

Just as a joke of course, thinking it was a scam and all.

Yes, a 'joke'.

Keep us posted you jokester, you.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Listen to your gut.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Listen to your gut.

Yes... listen to your gut, but keep us in loop! I need more mystery and intrigue in my life

edit on 4-6-2020 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

"What are you wearing??”

If AM has anything to do with this Im thinking khakis and chloroform.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

She's probably writing a book.

I've received similar calls 'out of the blue' just like that.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

When I worked in archives, the bulk of day to day work was with genealogists.
Occasionally, distant branches of family would converge in our area and once they were aware of each other they would exchange their research findings. This is usually really helpful and saves time on duplicating work.
For the most part they would be delighted .
We heard stories from people who had contacted them out of the blue with requests from abroad about possible connections, leads etc.
Generally, these things are pretty harmless and kind of accepted as part of doing family history.

Every now and then we heard that someone was horrified that they'd been found and didn't like the thought of someone looking them up even they were looking for information on the same things.

I can offer no explanation other than families break up over time for a variety of reasons which they may or may not wish to remain personal.
They may want to find more than they give out.
The records we kept were public in nature and there's a big difference between looking up old paperwork and direct contact.

She doesn't sound like a secret type so as the above poster suggested, try a phone call and hope for the best.

Hope that helps a bit.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Dude, so wrong. I'm not even wearing pants right now.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Tell me....does this rag smell funny to you?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
She is probably contacting many of her grandfathers old friends children and grandkids. She probably just forgot your name and mailed you an initial message again, thinking it was someone new. It could be a scam, but I don't think so. I think your name just was not taken off of the to contact list and she messaged you again. Being that the message was a little different means she is actually doing things real. Just message her back including the second letter reply and ask what is up, we discussed this already. See what she does.

Don't give any money to her, do not give any personal information....heck, in a message you do not even know for sure it is really a girl let alone a relative of that person. Some of the scams are complex, they make up all kinds of evidence to show things. But I do not believe this to be the case in this one but I have been wrong with trusting people over the years.

Being that she had pictures and info means her grandfather may have a clearer mind than her....because she forgot she already messaged you. I suppose she is trying to get info to impress her grandfather who is very old and she, like most the young, do not make a regular list and check things off. Reliance of technology can create a mess like this, you still have to make a list and check things off. And of course, NOT lose the list.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sometimes street “art” speaks truths

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

From what little I could tell in the video, yeah, she is kind of attrative! LOL!!

And NO, that wasn't why I was interested!

Has she told you she's your "biggest fan" yet?...'cause that can go a couple of ways.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A latex bodysuit, technically, includes pants.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Maybe someone testing an AI bot?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm thinking this may be the correct approach.

If you don’t do it you may die wondering
If you do it, do it wisely

Don’t give up to much information, don’t play for sheep stations
edit on 4-6-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I would just play it straight....”Hey honey...we’ve had this conversation, maybe you forgot?”

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Arrange to see her in a park at a park bench. When she arrives, have your people tackle and bind her and put a hood over her head and throw her in the back of a van. Drive the long way to an abandon dark warehouse and tie her to a chair. Question her and if you don't get the answers you like, water board her. If she cracks and spills the beans, just tell her it's all been a misunderstanding and take her to Tasty Freeze and get her a large dipped cone........ and leave quickly. Don't forget the hood.

If something something else happens, just leave her there in the warehouse and hi-tail it out of there.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Oh............ and get a burner phone, call a library or something and leave a message that you saw a person tied up in a warehouse at so and so address. That's as fair as you could be...

As seen on TV. No animals were harmed.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Okay, so I crafted a response and sent it.

Let's see what happens!

I also noticed something I hadn't noticed the first time when I read the 2nd message. She had included some information no one else would know...so she's looking pretty legit right now, but we'll see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join