It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and National Guard...shooting civilians on their own property

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Your implication was that this is not worthy of attention when other things are going on, which means not bringing attention to it, or ignoring it in favor of other things, and meaning one is seemingly ok with it it happening to find it insignificant.

this is borught up on other threads to deflect from the far worse terrorism we see.

So you bring up other things in an attempt to deflect from this to worse things.

If you are going to lie about what i said, at last have the inteligence to wait a page so your lie isnt visible just looking a few posts above yours

I didn't lie. Maybe be clearer with your implications and people won't get confused.
edit on 31-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh so you can lie about me because you know what my implication was?

I implied exactly what i said.

This is being used a s a deflection, however it was an abuse and not justified, albeit a small one.

To then claim I said this abuse was ok is a blatant lie.

Not surprised though

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes it is a piece of a larger puzzle, hence the relevance of discussing the biggest piece of that puzzle.

You are focused on one non lethal round fired, which i agreed was most likely an abuse, as opposed to left wing terrorists that are attacking the cops and burning down our cities.

Yes, I am focused on something that if not checked could become a more widespread problem when we already have abuses of power.

That is why it is important: another piece of the larger problem. Pieces make wholes or more complete pictures.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This is being used a s a deflection, however it was an abuse and not justified, albeit a small one.

Not surprised though

A "small abuse"? Maybe if America didn't ignore the "small abuses" cities wouldn't be burning now.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Not surprised though

A "small abuse"? Maybe if America didn't ignore the "small abuses" cities wouldn't be burning now.

Hey i agree.

Can we start burning my city over the small abuse of my parking tickets? Why have you all ignored that?

Funny how so many outraged about this abuse were perfectly fine suspending our bill of rights to fight covid.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Oh so you can lie about me

Where did I say you said it was all right?

I think I posed it as a question, which you took as a statement of fact.

"Small" abuses are just as important, especially people being assaulted on their own porches by police for no justifiable reason.

And when the larger issues are used as cover for the "small abuses" to continue unchecked.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Can we start burning my city over the small abuse of my parking tickets? Why have you all ignored that?

That's just a ridiculous example, and you know it.

Funny how so many outraged about this abuse were perfectly fine suspending our bill of rights to fight covid.

Funny how armed people storming a state legislature is all right, but police shooting at citizens on their own property is "small potatoes," according to some.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You followed the question with a statement

Abuse of power against civilians on their own private property and potential suspension of rights is all right because bad things are happening somewhere else?

Funny how people who used to claim to love the Constitution and rule of law suddenly find it annoying in select circumstances.

Where did i say it was annoying to follow the constitution? You would only say that if thought the answer to your question was that I thought it was alright for the police to use abuse like this.

I did not.

Small abuses can lead to larger.

Spending the bulk of your energy focusing on small abuses is a mistake as well.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You followed the question with a statement

Which is a general statement, never specifying "you."

Small abuses can lead to larger.

Exactly.

Spending the bulk of your energy focusing on small abuses is a mistake as well.

That contradicts your previous statement "small abuses can lead to larger."

And that is why we focus on the small abuses, too.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Not surprised though

Hey i agree.

Oh, so in your mind you #ing up and getting a parking ticket is equivalent to someone getting assaulted in their home, by a #ing state actor no less.

Don't mention the constitution then exhale and say "small abuse". Boy stop.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Fight fire with fire, FFS. Meaning, if something is co-opted to try to validate unrelated violence, it's time to abandon the cause for a while and come back when the jackass thug street rats are rounded up & sentenced.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That's just a ridiculous example, and you know it.

Funny how armed people storming a state legislature is all right, but police shooting at citizens on their own property is "small potatoes," according to some.

Oh so now small abuses dont matter?

Well dont be syurprised when cities burn.

Disgusting you would be ok with small abuses of police power.

And yes, armed [peaceful protestors who did no harm to anyone or there property is perfectly fine, why would that example prove anything.

And yes, this was a small instance of abuse considering the c8ircumstances.

Again, I bet we find WAY more evidence of police abuse that is worse by the end of these riotrs, and i will call them out when we see them.

But focusing so much on this relatively minor, albeit it an abuse, incident, is ridiculous given that our country is burning from people who want to kill, disband, or harm the police.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

How do you know i messed up?

You just assume? Isnt that exactly what you are criticizing peole saying these people on their porch deserved it.

Good to see your a hypocrite.

My entire point was this was an abuse, but a small one in the context of cities burning.

You then make my point by saying my instance of police abuse isnt equivlant to these.

Thats what i am saying, this lady getting shot with a paintball isnt equivalent to cities burning, people being severely assualted and more by these left wing terrorists.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Those armed protesters look pretty damn peaceful, reasonable and mature compared to what's going on in the streets after the peaceful and legitimate protests are over, glad you brought them up. They did absolutely zero damage, crushed no ones skull, burnt nothing down, and destroyed no ones livelihood. At worse they might have spread a disease a little bit worse than the flu, and those who were hysterically screeching about that possibility are ironically silent about the same possibility amongst the protesters this week.

edit on 31-5-2020 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Oh so now small abuses dont matter?

Disgusting you would be ok with small abuses of police power.

Lol, what?

We've been arguing all along that small abuses do matter, and said why, so wtf are you on about? Nice try, though.

But focusing so much on this relatively minor, albeit it an abuse, incident, is ridiculous given that our country is burning from people who want to kill, disband, or harm the police.

You're focusing quite a bit trying to downplay the importance of police firing at people without provocation or justification on their own porch. Why?

Again, I bet we find WAY more evidence of police abuse that is worse by the end of these riotrs,

This is why it matters, and why we pay attention to them, as they also happen.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You claimed my example of police abuse of power was "ridiculous"

Hence saying that small abuse wasnt worth discussing.

You understand implicitly that whgile you may believe all abuses are worth mentioning, some are a bigger deal than others.

Which is my point.

And how we can see people outraged over this relatively small abuse but relatively silent over cities burning down.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I've seen what happens when people use the fear of terrorism to justify authority abuses, and I've been fooled once before.

We never got those rights back.

I know a lot is going on right now between COVID and the riots. All the more reason to keep an eye on all the players, not just a select group.

As I've said, I want justice brought to anyone proven to have destroyed property or assaulting someone. But I also don't want a crazy police state just to do that. Not to mention it will just inflame tensions.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah this wasnt the best move

Ad its worth pointing out, and i dont feel you have done so with anything but the most moral of intentions.

BUt i think it is a small abuse even among police abuses. Again, we will see far worse from the police during these riots, and i will call them out.

But there are people who are desperately getting outraged by this story, and hoping the police do worse, so they can defelect from the fact that left wing terrorists are setting cities ablaze, assaulting people, burning down houses with children in them, etc.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Peaceful? Recall the pic of the fat POS goatee guy gleeking on cops during a pandemic.

Dude should have been put down with extreme prejudice.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Peaceful? Recall the pic of the fat POS goatee guy gleeking on cops during a pandemic.

Dude should have been put down with extreme prejudice.

I didnt see that but if so he should have been arrested. But lets be honest

riots, burning cities, looting businesses, throwing molotov cocktails, beating business owners near to death, burning buildings with a child inside and then attacking the fire dept trying to save them

Is way worse than gleeking

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join