It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and National Guard...shooting civilians on their own property

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed

The officers on the street tell the people standing in their yard/porch to go inside about twice before they fire (non lethal) on them. These people are doing nothing to antagonize the officers.

Even so,
It says in your Gov link that the law can tell you to go inside, of course Const' plod tears the arse out of it and starts shooting...no call for that.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Nope. Not even close to the same thing. This is armed LEO's with Armored Trucks coming down the street. Common sense says get inside in case something happens to you and yours.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: jaws1975
Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

LMAO there was just a thread about the bravado ATS people who welcomed violence coming to the suburbs and you would fight back. LOL
...as long as Mom let them out of the basement.
edit on 31-5-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

Police commands not to stand in their own doorway?

Which part of the Constitution do you find that jewel in?

link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Trump tweeted a warning about what happens during rioting not to shoot people. FFS the hate is so strong people will believe anything.

Guess what? He was right. Dozens have been shot during the rioting but...no cops killing anyone. I thought they were the aggressor here?

Do none of you remember how this can escalate when you had two shootings in 2016 that killed 9 cops in just a few days and was NEVER condemded by the POTUS. He let the race war brew and simmer, put down law enforcement and here we are....4 years to the day and in an election season and this # starts. He didn't do anything......

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It was implied the cops knew they lived there... So clearly they think they can look out for people's "well being"... By shooting them with less than lethals.

If I don't feel threatened being outside from protesters or a virus.... The police don't have the authority to look out for my self interests when they deem fit.... Sorry, that's my job to look out for my well being.

I generally agree with you, but things have escalated to another level because of the violence. When a group of people wearing black and wearing face masks are not listening to police commands you are taking a risk. It sucks for the peaceful protesters, but this is where we are at.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: game over man

LMAO there was just a thread about the bravado ATS people who welcomed violence coming to the suburbs and you would fight back. LOL
...as long as Mom let them out of the basement.

I actually have known a few inner-city “thugs” as well as rural “red-necks” ... it’d be like a hot knife through butter.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm going to throw this perspective out there as a little "Devil's Advocate"/counterpoint...

A family member is a long-time paramedic and also a member of a situation-response team in a medium-sized city which is also a state capitol. They, fully armed, will accompany SWAT and other response teams into dangerous situations in order to provided medical support if necessary but are fully enabled to engage if need be.

That being said, I've talked to them before during prior demonstration/riot events to get their perspective and it went something like this...

"They (cops) don't want to be there. They don't get excited to be put into situations like crowd or riot control. They're quite scared actually because they understand mob-mentality and how it can lead to rapid escalation. That being said, the aggravation that is felt by many of them REQUIRED to be there is taken out at opportunities that present themselves, i.e. cracking skulls. Frustration leads to anger and anger leads to action. The perception of the people they're there to counter is not "oh they're here to make themselves heard, let's hope they don't turn stupid" to something like "if they were dumb enough to be here, they can't complain when they get a baton to the head or pellet to the gut".

In no way is this a justification or defense of anyone on any side. Just a little alternative viewpoint as it was expressed to me.

Carry on..
edit on 31-5-2020 by TXRabbit because: speling

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Police and National Guard...shooting civilians on their own property

Well there is a lock down in place. Thanks Covid. There was a video of Targets Security guards attacking 2 customers for not wearing a mask not long ago. Then the customers were sent to jail. Yeah, the government is very serious about this covid thing. This backlash is all the pent up stress from being locked down. There is a lot of governors crapping their pants right now, because they know that they have lost the next election.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It was implied the cops knew they lived there... So clearly they think they can look out for people's "well being"... By shooting them with less than lethals.

If I don't feel threatened being outside from protesters or a virus.... The police don't have the authority to look out for my self interests when they deem fit.... Sorry, that's my job to look out for my well being.

I generally agree with you, but things have escalated to another level because of the violence. When a group of people wearing black and wearing face masks are not listening to police commands you are taking a risk. It sucks for the peaceful protesters, but this is where we are at.

Right.... But these people were on their front porch.

If people just got hit with rubber bullets out in the middle of a protest downtown, that can happen... You run that risk by going.

But the cops knew this was their house, or else why would they ask them to go inside? Incidents like this just give fodder to those rioting against cops. The cops were dumb and trigger happy.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Did you even read your own link. See, this is how stuff gets spread and the panic begins.

From your link and the answers on the Executive Order

Can I be outside my house (on my property) after 8 p.m. and before 6 a.m.?

Yes. You can be on your porch, yard, patio, etc., but if a law enforcement officer or other public safety official asks you to go inside, or take any other action, you must follow the instruction.

and furthermore even those exempt have to follow the orders of police.

If I am exempt from the Executive Order, do I need to comply with law enforcement’s instructions?

Yes. Even if you are exempt from the Executive Order (see response above for listing of people exempt), if a law enforcement officer or other public safety personnel gives you instruction, you must comply.

The NG/Police in the video clearly said get inside. I wonder if those people on the porch across the street were smart enough to go inside.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Trump tweeted a warning about what happens during rioting not to shoot people. FFS the hate is so strong people will believe anything.

FFS (to use your agitated words) does your blind following interpret these words differently, if so cool, but dont look down on me for my own interpretation of the english language

the president’s original “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” tweet.

the love is so strong you will believe anything

Trump Defense Syndrome

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Good cops are having to deal the fallout of bad cops and they are trigger sensitive more than likely I would be after several nights of craziness. People are attacking cops, including some shot and killed, and you think the reaction now is over zealous? I am glad that there are those with enough self control no one else has been killed by police and there have been many attempts on them. This reminds me of 2016 and it led to the two mass shootings of LEO's.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Good cops need to get REAL serious about cleaning the garbage from their own ranks.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

We are lacking context here, but the bottom line is they didn't listen to the repeated police commands and got a paintball for their noncompliance. In normal times this would be more of a big deal. I hope you are expressing your concerns about the innocent people being injured by the rioters as well.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This will work very well to re-establish good public/police sentiments..especially to those that were a bit on the fence

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
people have forgotten how to pick your fights, If I am sitting on my front porch and see an APC turn onto the street I am going to be inside before they finished reorienting themselves.

Yea its your property they have an armored vehicle and group of guys in body armor and bad attitude, let them go past then return to what you were doing.

No excuse for shooting at people

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

So he calls out the protesters, honors Floyd and says he is supporting the governor in any way possible. When I first heard it on the news I did not think me was going to be sending in troops to kill people. Every time there is rioting you have violence and shootings. More death. Maybe I am just used to it.

So if I read it as you want me too, that if looting starts the shooting should start I would also agree.

That does not mean I love our president and follow blindly. I am making a decision on my own and it is amazing how two people can see the same thing differently. Perception. Seems you look at the Trump tweet for something to hate and I looked at it as just info.

And again, for the arguments on why can they not be outside...If there was as police helicopter over your house or neighborhood or if there are cop cars across the street and there are cops running in the street do you go outside? I wouldn't. With that much presence you go inside, unlock your guns and ride it out. Might even fall back to sleep. I am not hanging outside especially if the cops tells me to go inside. Called safety not removal of freedoms.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
This will work very well to re-establish good public/police sentiments..especially to those that were a bit on the fence

Sadly, I think the last three months have changed that policy.

They’ve got a taste for it now.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You were for Trump before almost anyone else here.

At least you’re consistent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join