It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and National Guard...shooting civilians on their own property

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is what happens when radical leftists try and burn America to the ground in order to push their ideology.
In this sitaution I don't blame the police. Should be one request and then open fire, not two requests.
In fact, they were told several times. If they'd have been shot and killed, then that's on them.
Antifa and their like have made the streets a war zone. It's not a spectator sport from the porch.
I hope to see more of this kind of response from the police.
edit on 31/5/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
To be honest if there weren't an active insurrection down the street I might be offended from a civil liberties view.

Too much going on way more impactful and permanent going on to spend anytime caring about this. As long as times settle down some soon she'll probably even get a settlement. If they don't settle down soon a welp on a thigh doesn't really matter.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jaws1975
Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

Police commands not to stand in their own doorway?

Which part of the Constitution do you find that jewel in?

In a situation like this.. where everyone try to hurt the police, they do not want some redneck fire his shotgun at them while chilling in the front yard. They are on full guard right now.. people should just respect them and do what they say.

Situations like this?

Oh, so they were just trampling the Constitution underfoot for the “public welfare” then? Exercising the “police power”?

The only ones shooting anything were the cops. Do the math.

Yes, Gryphon.. situations like this.
Domestic terrorists are organised and funded and are in the process of killing police, beating people up and destroying businesses. Another officer killed today - Patrick Underwood - shot and killed in Oakland.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
They were NOT protesters (at least at this moment)

They were in their yard doing nothing a reply to: jaws1975

Yes, they were told to go inside by the police in a war zone as they fight domestic terrorists. They did nothing.
Hence they were shot.
Good.
Next time, they will go inside.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I dont agree with the police but you shouldn't pick a fight with people armed and ready with armored vehicle at their back and you have at best a handgun most likely just a drink.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

One cop killed a man that was already subdued. That is wrong. That does not give rioters the right to destroy property of those who had nothing to do with it.

By the same logic cops can't just go around with an iron fist against people who are clearly on their own property.

We didn't used to like lockdowns or police rule that looked like martial law.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Engaging is a bit over the top for standing an arms length in front of the door and filming.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
I'm going to throw this perspective out there as a little "Devil's Advocate"/counterpoint...

A family member is a long-time paramedic and also a member of a situation-response team in a medium-sized city which is also a state capitol. They, fully armed, will accompany SWAT and other response teams into dangerous situations in order to provided medical support if necessary but are fully enabled to engage if need be.

That being said, I've talked to them before during prior demonstration/riot events to get their perspective and it went something like this...

"They (cops) don't want to be there. They don't get excited to be put into situations like crowd or riot control. They're quite scared actually because they understand mob-mentality and how it can lead to rapid escalation. That being said, the aggravation that is felt by many of them REQUIRED to be there is taken out at opportunities that present themselves, i.e. cracking skulls. Frustration leads to anger and anger leads to action. The perception of the people they're there to counter is not "oh they're here to make themselves heard, let's hope they don't turn stupid" to something like "if they were dumb enough to be here, they can't complain when they get a baton to the head or pellet to the gut".

In no way is this a justification or defense of anyone on any side. Just a little alternative viewpoint as it was expressed to me.

Carry on..

What it does is pick out all those that are not suited to be cops. That would be anyone who acted with aggression towards people causing no problems.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I absolutely agree with all you have said here. I don't have much more to add except that, if it was me being told to go inside, I would go immediately. I would think "oh sh**, something's going down!" I would want to be out of the way. That's an imposing sight, all those officers going by like that. I would not assume they meant me harm, but of course there is a whole other mindset that makes people think all officers bad.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: jaws1975
Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

It was implied the cops knew they lived there... So clearly they think they can look out for people's "well being"... By shooting them with less than lethals.

If I don't feel threatened being outside from protesters or a virus.... The police don't have the authority to look out for my self interests when they deem fit.... Sorry, that's my job to look out for my well being.

I laregly agree with this.

My take isnt the cops were right. I can see how they may have felt this was neccessary seeing the task they were faced with, fighting terrorists that overwhelmed them two days in a row, attack them, and claim they want to kill them. and they wanted everyone inside for everyones safety, and used the less amount of force they have to get compliance.

But that doesnt excuse abuses, and this seems to be one.

However, in the grand scheme, it is a very small issue.

There were around 30 cities burning last nigh, hundreds of thousands of interactions with police and people commiting violence, and hundreds of thousands of hours of tape. If this is the worst we can find of police abusing their authority, I would be amazed, shocked, and pleasantly surprised.

The fact so many people want to ignore or excuse the mass violence we see, and focus on this is very telling of the problem we face.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The fact so many people want to ignore or excuse the mass violence we see, and focus on this is very telling of the problem we face.

Not sure anyone is ignoring the criminal activity currently going on but ATS has a policy for someone making a thread and discussing the thread topic, you are aware of that I know. The focus is on this because thats what the OP posted about.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: UKTruth

One cop killed a man that was already subdued. That is wrong. That does not give rioters the right to destroy property of those who had nothing to do with it.

By the same logic cops can't just go around with an iron fist against people who are clearly on their own property.

We didn't used to like lockdowns or police rule that looked like martial law.

Yes, the rioters / domestic terrorists do not have the right to do what the are doing, but they are doing it anyway.
Hence I support the cops killing as many as possible and for those that think they can ignore instructions in a war zone, tough when they find out they can't.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I wasnt talking just ats, but even on here, this is borught up on other threads to deflect from the far worse terrorism we see.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm certainly not going to ignore it just because we have quite a few problems at the moment.

I want the rioters brought to justice, but that doesn't mean I just have to ignore misuse of power from police.

link   

What does one have to do with the other?

Abuse of power against civilians on their own private property and potential suspension of rights is all right because bad things are happening somewhere else?

Funny how people who used to claim to love the Constitution and rule of law suddenly find it annoying in select circumstances.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I wasnt talking just ats, but even on here, this is borught up on other threads to deflect from the far worse terrorism we see.

So why try to deflect from the OP?

This is one piece of the very larger puzzle.

Abuse of power, however, large or small, should not be ignored, especially as it relates to the larger picture.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Fine you acknowledged it, me too. You have that right

And now?

This is so fun

Hey tune in tonight ads domestic terroists try to kill cops all night around the country, then when one fires a non lethal round we can all clutch our pearls about living in a police state!

Alsio police in my town just last week we ticketing people to close to the curb, and it was an abuse of authority.

I think we need to find to take space to discuss that as terrorists are burning down our country.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure how anyone can express an opinion or even have an honest one, unless we see the view from a camera pointed the other way.

Only having one side of the story means opinions are just expressions of personal bias and meaningless.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

What does one have to do with the other?

Abuse of power against civilians on their own private property and potential suspension of rights is all right because bad things are happening somewhere else?

Funny how people who used to claim to love the Constitution and rule of law suddenly find it annoying in select circumstances.

Sure quote me where i said it was alright.

Oh thats right, i didnt

I said

My take isnt the cops were right. I can see how they may have felt this was neccessary seeing the task they were faced with, fighting terrorists that overwhelmed them two days in a row, attack them, and claim they want to kill them. and they wanted everyone inside for everyones safety, and used the less amount of force they have to get compliance.

But that doesnt excuse abuses, and this seems to be one.

If you are going to lie about what i said, at last have the inteligence to wait a page so your lie isnt visible just looking a few posts above yours

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yes it is a piece of a larger puzzle, hence the relevance of discussing the biggest piece of that puzzle.

You are focused on one non lethal round fired, which i agreed was most likely an abuse, as opposed to left wing terrorists that are attacking the cops and burning down our cities.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join