It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and National Guard...shooting civilians on their own property

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes and firing non lethal ropunds at people is a far cry from left wing terrorists trying to kill cops, burning down cities, lighting fires in buildings with a kid in them and trying to stop firefighters from helping, etc,

I know. As I also said:

abuse of power by one authorized to uphold the law—an officer of the law—with a lawless action by a civilian.

There is a difference between a civilian and one authorized to uphold the law.

I never said small abuses dont matter, i said it seems like some people are using this to deflect from the far far far bigger problem.

But you seemed to have an issue with focusing on this one, in this thread that was about it, which is why we called you out.

It just looked like you were trying to undermine and downplay it when that's what this thread is about.

We're on the same page, it seems.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I didnt feel i was undermining it, i was puttong it into context with what else is going on right now, which is far far worse.

And to your credit you have called out the rioters, which i have seen.

I saw left wing people on twitter and else where all day who wanted to ignore the far far worse left wing terrorists and focus only on this, which is why i brought it up.

I think this is worth pointing out, just like a stubbed toe, but the terrorism is like cancer and much more important to focus on.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
While I have no doubt left extremists are in part to blame, I am not naive enough even to suggest right wing extremists are also not to blame to fan the flames, from what I'm seeing and reading. In fact, the contrary, many actors at play stoking the flames and turn the protests sour.

This is not directed to you, but just an observation: to place blame entirely on either left or right is disingenuous where many factors and actors are in play. Sure, the police don't know who is who, but there is or should be a degree of professionalism among them, which we see is breaking down in some instances, and further escalates and reaffirms why people have such problem with authority.

This also does not excuse abuse of authority.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Ridiculous

This is almost entirely left wing

Antifa was a creation of the left, as was blm

They were celebrated, excused and inflamed by people on the left pushing false narratives about the USA being racist and cops hunting and killing unarmed black men cuz they are racist

There may be some right wingers trying to take advantage, but it’s hardly a blip in the thousands upon thousands of rioters we see

If we aren’t honest about who is causing these riots, we can’t even begin to solve the problem

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
really really curious how the ats bootlicking squad are gonna feel when it's happening in their own streets.
So many posters here constantly banging on about their gun rights
If the cops are firing on people just for being on their porch, how do you think they're gonna react to your open carry?
Can you really look at what's happening and still think the cops support your ideals of "freedom"?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Ridiculous

Indeed.

They were celebrated, excused and inflamed by people on the left pushing false narratives about the USA being racist and cops hunting and killing unarmed black men cuz they are racist

Also fueled by covert right wing groups wanting people and placing the blame exactly as you're doing.

If we aren’t honest about who is causing these riots, we can’t even begin to solve the problem

Speak for yourself.

I had respect for you for a minute, but no more, because you don't want to have a serious discussion, you want to blame.

Good night.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I can respect that. The time will come for your strategy. Maybe not tonight but soon. I pray those folks can adopt your philosophy.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Show me proof right wingers are behind these riots.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: vonclod

I dont agree with the police but you shouldn't pick a fight with people armed and ready with armored vehicle at their back and you have at best a handgun most likely just a drink.

I'm not so sure they were picking a fight, but I understand what you're saying, and I can't disagree, as far as ones own safety is concerned.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes, police corruptly giving out tickets when there was no violation is an abuse

I thought we needed to call out all police abuses, why are you making excuses for some?

Be thankful you didn't have to lie down with a knee on your neck, and beg for your life!! death, now there's an abuse!!!

Just to make it clear, I do not support the rioting/looting..it negates and minumizes the rightful protesters.
edit on 31-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That is messed up, sitting on porch.
I am now under curfew, too.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Looks like they shot at her Just because
She was videoing what was happening..

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Call me crazy but if it was me and I was told to go inside, I'd just go inside.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

What kind of bootlicking crap is that? You are 100% considered 'in your home' legally when you are on your front porch.

Another example of the government violating rights and a bunch of posters clapping and cheering like they just got dropped on their heads.

edit on 1-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
really really curious how the ats bootlicking squad are gonna feel when it's happening in their own streets.
So many posters here constantly banging on about their gun rights
If the cops are firing on people just for being on their porch, how do you think they're gonna react to your open carry?
Can you really look at what's happening and still think the cops support your ideals of "freedom"?

Frankly, what people need to do right now is just stay home and let things cool off. If you don't want to be part of the problem, don't be out there stirring things up. When things are like this, the situation is different than it normally is and it doesn't take nearly as much to cause trouble as it normally would.

That is probably how this whole thing started in the first place. People just always stirring the pot.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Woe to me that I have but one star to give...

So here's a beer on me

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It's funny to how many people that were crying about tyranny when authorities were suggesting people stay indoors to prevent the spread of a pandemic have no problem with people being shot by authorities on their own property because they didn't go inside when told.

I seriously have to wonder if these people actually know what the word tyranny means.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

At least those people are consistent in being total clowns.

Should get them some floppy feet, a red nose and a tiny little car for them all to pile into.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

It's funny to how many people that were crying about tyranny when authorities were suggesting people stay indoors to prevent the spread of a pandemic have no problem with people being shot by authorities on their own property because they didn't go inside when told.

I seriously have to wonder if these people actually know what the word tyranny means.

The inverse is true as well, how many people were adamant anyone who wanted to go to work was an animal that wanted to kill us all with a disease, and they need to accept a violation of their rights. But that are now all about rights when someone is aksed to go inside during a riot.

Again, I think both are abuses, though the former was far more egregious.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Are they going inside after being shot?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join