It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and National Guard...shooting civilians on their own property

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.reddit.com...

These people are standing in their yard NOT protesting

Video from a neighborhood apparently in Minneapolis. The national guard / police are parading down the street enforcing curfew. (People are allowed to be outside on their own property). dps.mn.gov...

The officers on the street tell the people standing in their yard/porch to go inside about twice before they fire (non lethal) on them. These people are doing nothing to antagonize the officers.
edit on 31-5-2020 by BadBoYeed because: added line about that these people are NOT protesting

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is crazy! Why is there only one video of this? Didn't happen anywhere else?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Fanning the flames.

+7 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They were NOT protesters (at least at this moment)

They were in their yard doing nothing a reply to: jaws1975

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

It is one thing if it is about rioting protesters BUT a completely different thing if you stand outside your home and getting fired at, no matter if it is a paintball or a live round.

Got to keep the facts straight, is this street under martial law? If not, how can this be justified?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

Right order has to established, I am sorry that there are a couple overreactions but order has to be established especially in Minnesota.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Shocking.
Them and us in action.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

LMAO there was just a thread about the bravado ATS people who welcomed violence coming to the suburbs and you would fight back. LOL

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
They were NOT protesters (at least at this moment)

They were in their yard doing nothing a reply to: jaws1975

I'm not defending them because I actually dislike what's going on, but try to see things in another light.

Yes, they shot at the people, but in many ways it's to show everyone that they are VERY serious about staying indoors. Why are they serious?? Because # has hit the fan and in the chance things escalate into those areas, they'll need true freedom of movement to detain any person in need of detainment.

Y'know what would make that harder?? Every person in the neighborhood going outside to see what's going on, getting caught in any crossfires, blocking them from doing their jobs, yelling at them for being aggressive on people that are destroying peoples property, etc...

Like I said, I'm not defending the behavior, I greatly dislike the fact that any of this is happening, but that is definitely one way to tell the people in that neighborhood to stay inside, and they're serious about it. Things are really #ed up right now.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Kidding right? Protesters? A woman and probably her children on their own porch wondering who these guys are coming down the street? Protesters? Certainly you are making a joke here.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

LMAO there was just a thread about the bravado ATS people who welcomed violence coming to the suburbs and you would fight back. LOL

A lot of people on here talking out of both sides of their neck!

--errrr let them come to MY Property! My Property!!! They gona meet Smith & Wesson roar

10 minutes later

A little paintball blast to the face on your own porch is justified.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Yes, they shot at the people, but in many ways it's to show everyone that they are VERY serious about staying indoors. Why are they serious?? Because # has hit the fan and in the chance things escalate into those areas, they'll need true freedom of movement to detain any person in need of detainment.

But the people living there do not seem to be under obligation to stay indoors. My information is they are allowed outside on their premise. And the person filming was standing two feet from their door on the patio.

So again, HOW can this be justified? What law gives these police / swat men the right to act like that?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am not a fan of authoritarian over reach. I can also understand elected officials in those areas not wanting more chaos and destruction. The state and the police arm are not that surgical. Never have been. Never will be.

At this point, I am not sure what is supposed to happen. Yes the woman was whacked with a paint ball/beenie round. Did she do anything evil? Did not look like it. I would be mad, at a number of things if I were her. But what are the authorities supposed to do?

One can argue they screwed the pooch in waiting so long to charge those cops. Pissed people off and rightly so. There is also another terrific argument burning down the neighborhood is not an appropriate response.

If the city screws up and the residents (or whomever shows up) screw up, you reach a point where there is no good solution other than lock it down and attempt a reset. Of course the "reset" will be another opportunity for those involved the succeed or fail.

Too many people love the idea of the state stepping in and strong arming those they disagree with. But that monster does not differentiate. When it happens to them (and it will), then it's all outrage.

+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

...if they'd done this in the name of COVID 19, folks would applaud the cops.

Rights are rights and this is a big part of why you NEVER allow them to be negotiable.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shibari

There is no justification. Every last one should be arrested. Today it's' paintballs. Tomorrow? Who knows. It's clear our own police see us as the enemy. Why should we see them as anything but?

link   
If this police action were to have taken place in a highly conservative neighborhood where gun rights are held closely, those thugs marching down the street would have been fought off and the army vehicle would have been torched. But here in a calm neighborhood of unsuspecting citizens, it seems all were in compliance and those who wondered about what was going down were inflicted with the power of the state.

But I guess that when the thugs come for someone other than American patriots it's necessary to restore order. . When they come for ''Patriots'' then it is ''government over reach.''

A martial thug is a martial thug. They will get as much trill from shooting a "'Patriot" as they do from shooting at a clueless woman as in this video.

link   
They conveniently were all wearing black, but weren't protesters?

link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

there is no good solution other than lock it down and attempt a reset.

Have you heard the term " Hearts And Minds " ?

Winning hearts and minds is a concept occasionally expressed in the resolution of war, insurgency, and other conflicts, in which one side seeks to prevail not by the use of superior force, but by making emotional or intellectual appeals to sway supporters of the other side

en.wikipedia.org...

What these " weekend Rambo's " should have done was to approach the residents and ask them politely to go indoors as they where there to protect them and their property.

Only in America.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well when the looting starts the shooting starts, Trumps America in action

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join