It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
if thats not manslaughter, I don't know what is.

Manslaughter? You're kidding, right?

That was murder. The stupid cop standing by letting it happen, protecting the bastard doing the deed, is even more guilty than the bastard he was protecting.

Those people should have ganged up on those cops and rescued that guy.

Any cop that stands by and lets his fellow officers get away with this kind of thing is just as guilty as those who do it.

The blue wall of silence has got to die.
edit on 26-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

if thats not manslaughter, I don't know what is.

Manslaughter? You're kidding, right?

That was murder.

Those people should have ganged up on those cops and rescued that guy.

Any cop that stands by and lets his fellow officers get away with this kind of thing is just as guilty as those who do it.

The blue wall of silence has got to die.

I'm not super familliar with the various charges that can happen when a death occurs, I agree %100 that was a murder, but you know the system will soften it up.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'm not super familliar with the various charges that can happen when a death occurs, I agree %100 that was a murder, but you know the system will soften it up.

Disclaimer: I'm not any kind of legal expert, so the below is my understanding of it with that in mind.
Murder is when you plan or know ahead of time that your actions will result in death. If you decide you want to kill someone, so you go to a store and buy a knife, and then drive to their house and stab them to death with it, that's murder.
Manslaughter is like murder but without the intentional planning - basically if you do something that directly results in a person's death, but without necessarily having maliciously planned to kill the person. If you get into an argument with someone and hit them on the head with a nearby object out of anger and they die without you having planned or tried to kill them, that's manslaughter.
The problem comes in proving what a person's intention was in their mind, and whether or not they knew their actions would or could cause death.
edit on 5/26/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

He'll go to prison. I guarantee it. There are people who call for prison charges every time a suspect resists a LEO but if you (not directed at you) take the blinders off and assess the situation from a non biased point of view, you can almost always see the justifiable angle. Not with this.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I only saw one person asking that. Everyone else is on the same side.

BTW, your photo makes it even worse. Now I see why 4 officers were arrested.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I'm sure you've seen it by now, but I was even more disgusted when I saw TWO more officers holding him down on the other side of the truck. Geez.

link   
a reply to: JBurns

Sadly these incidents happen every day in America. But if there is no video they never make the news it seems.

link   

originally posted by: trollz

Disclaimer: I'm not any kind of legal expert, so the below is my understanding of it with that in mind.
Murder is when you plan or know ahead of time that your actions will result in death. If you decide you want to kill someone, so you go to a store and buy a knife, and then drive to their house and stab them to death with it, that's murder.
Manslaughter is like murder but without the intentional planning - basically if you do something that directly results in a person's death, but without necessarily having maliciously planned to kill the person. If you get into an argument with someone and hit them on the head with a nearby object out of anger and they die without you having planned or tried to kill them, that's manslaughter.
The problem comes in proving what a person's intention was in their mind, and whether or not they knew their actions would or could cause death.

Sure, I'm just not sure.. 2nd degree maybe..if there is such a thing there, vs 1st degree, which would be planned and premeditated.

I have seen cases thrown out, or lost due to "overcharging" so I figured manslaughter at least should be doable..no problem if they go higher.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
Lets hope so, I wonder about the rest of them?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
And that is what i don´t understand. What is wrong with the US population? Proud to be armed to the teeth, posing with guns everywhere, ready to kill each other for a few dollars or less. But if those armed to the teeth weekend Rambos watch a murder nobody uses his gun to stop this murder. Afraid of that thin blue line? Again, what do you have all you weapons for if not to fight tyranny and state terrorism?

Stop to shoot each other and shoot those that deserve to be shot!

Like that MF of a "cop". I would have kicked him into his ugly face before i would stand there and watch a murder happen.
Or at least trying it instead of making spyPhone videos. Do you think that this "cop" ends up in prison because of these videos?He will be on paid leave for two weeks and maybe has to do duty in another town then.

Think about this: Maybe you are the next victim of these "cops". And ask yourself why you are so proud of your second amendment and of owning tons of guns. Only to kill each other but not those that deserve it? Not to save a life? I am sorry, but then your second amendment and all of your "wonderful" guns are pretty useless.

Youre right. It would be a firefight though. One person couldnt do it.. well one average armed person vs several cops and whomever else they call not knowing the situation. Theres fear of the police in this country. A huge fear.. and the cops are smart enough not to do something like this with a person who has a posse with them. MOST Americans arent gun happy freaks like people similar to YOU assume... making pronouncements and not knowing what youre talking about. Most city people arent armed and dont carry. The demographics in the urban areas show that they are mostly democrats.. and its a different mind set. No cop is going to do this when surrounded by potentially armed and trained people. Derp. This doesnt happen in more rural areas. Theyd be picked off like rats.

What SHOULD have happened is that his fellow officers should have stopped him, pulled him off, shot him whatever they had to do to stop him from killing a cuffed and complying.... then unconscious.. suspect.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Very true, and I'm usually the guy defending the cop because I see reasons to. But the cop in this video kept his knee on the suspect, even after he was detained, until the guy died. And he still had his knee on the guy's neck. It's been a long time, but I can't stand with the cop in this one. This is the reason they get bad names even though it's usually justifiable.

One thing we'll probably never see is the black on black reports of crime, democrats don't care about that. Their weakness is any kind of white on black crime whether it's real or manufactured.

Totally agree and almost everybody can see this is not a real police move. What is taken out of context though is how it got to this point. The guy was resisting arrest and fighting with the officers from the police chief's statement.

Still wrong but police are not robots. They make horrible decisions in the heat of the moment. I know I have before. It happens. I didn't kill anyone but could have easily. Same for most people in this industry of having to apply force mixed with emotions. It's not easy to go lightly on someone who is wrong and refuses to cooperate with the law.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Minneapolis has strict gun laws. Nobody on the streets carry, or almost nobody. Kicking the cop would have gotten you shot in the heart immediately. There's no good scenario here.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Very true, and I'm usually the guy defending the cop because I see reasons to. But the cop in this video kept his knee on the suspect, even after he was detained, until the guy died. And he still had his knee on the guy's neck. It's been a long time, but I can't stand with the cop in this one. This is the reason they get bad names even though it's usually justifiable.

One thing we'll probably never see is the black on black reports of crime, democrats don't care about that. Their weakness is any kind of white on black crime whether it's real or manufactured.

Totally agree and almost everybody can see this is not a real police move. What is taken out of context though is how it got to this point. The guy was resisting arrest and fighting with the officers from the police chief's statement.

Still wrong but police are not robots. They make horrible decisions in the heat of the moment. I know I have before. It happens. I didn't kill anyone but could have easily. Same for most people in this industry of having to apply force mixed with emotions. It's not easy to go lightly on someone who is wrong and refuses to cooperate with the law.

Bull..the guy stood on his neck for at least 5 mins..the heat of the moment long passed..no?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Minneapolis has strict gun laws. Nobody on the streets carry, or almost nobody. Kicking the cop would have gotten you shot in the heart immediately. There's no good scenario here.

**shaking head**

Somehow it always comes back to bad bad 2nd amendment BS... with NO grasp of the reality of things. Just use ANY circumstance to bash the 2nd and gun owners. Sad...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

twitter.com...

If that happened to a member of my immediate family, those police officers would have to face my personal preferred form of Justice.
edit on 5/26/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Yep, going for 1st degree murder is why Zimmerman walked. If they want these cops prosecuted, the family better recoup their thoughts and push for manslaughter.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Well, this is disturbing. I have no doubt I just watched a murder committed by four cops. I'm pro cop and nearly always take their side, but this?

They fired them if you have not looked at the updated story. Now it remains to be seen if they are charged with murder. They damn well better be.

Same here and I am Glad they were fired, just hope justice is served on this

Worst part is none of it will bring this guy back

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I know it

And I can't even dispute it, thats exactly what it looks like

Was the knee-guy a superior to any of the other officers present? Just can't believe none of them had the presense of mind to tell the guy to knock that horse crap off before it even got that far

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018
Lets hope so, I wonder about the rest of them?

They would have to be accessories at the very least I would think.

First degree is premeditated. No chance there (in my opinion)
Second degree is intentional, but not premeditated. I don't think there's a chance there either.
Third applies to 3 states, MN being one of them, but I don't think it would apply here either. It says it's a felony murder so the way I take that is since the cop used his knee, it wouldn't classify.

Manslaughter, however, is the killing of a human without malice aforethought. The unfortunate thing is that the best charge the cop can get will give him a max sentence of only 8 years. 10 years if it's voluntary manslaughter. But I don't think voluntary would stick in this scenario.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
enjoyd waching the other police-officer jurking himself off with his hand in his pocket …
yeaaa make america great again
pfff how many can the black population of the white americans handle...
seems the KKK has grown bigger than ever before !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join