It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
That move can't be in their SOP. If that is the case this officer will be charged with a crime. Still no excuse though for never addressing black on black gun violence. We will never get anywhere until it is showcased what blacks are up to in their own communities against each other.

Agreed, 100%

By far the good guys are just that...good guys (and gals). It is a shame this will get significantly more attention than the dozens of deaths in say Chicago or Baltimore by gangs.

I guess a big part of it is this kind of garbage is expected from gang members and other dirtbags. But someone in uniform? There's a standard...usually a very high bar
Guy does a disservice to the 99% wearing badges that do their duty with pride and serve their communities & neighbors

Like you I have no doubt this will be heavily politicized

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: JBurns

Yeah man, it made me nauseous, too... Especially when the guy was trying to move his shoulder up to catch a breath of air. Pepsi Can Arms is gonna spend a long time in prison for this one, and deservedly so. He should have known better.

I doubt prison for them, but one can hope. Very distressing to see the guy obviously gone, and goof still on him, ignoring the plea's of the onlookers.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I read that he kept his knee on the mans neck for 5-8 minutes. Thats a public execution.

Black or white.. THIS is what happens when the police are taught to view us ( the average citizen) as the enemy.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets he was having medical issues

asphyxiation and cutting off of blood flow to the brain, caused by the knee pressing down on his neck. a serious medical issue, no doubt.

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's worse than it looks.

Also, as usual, I'm disgusted how fast this place went to, "But what happened before the video?" And, "But black on black crime!"

NONE of that has anything to do with this man being executed in the street.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I thought the knee always went between the shoulder blades, not on the neck where you mash the airways unless it was just quick enough to cuff or move to a different position.

Thats exactly right

Anything involving the airway would definitely be higher up on the use of force continuum. People can do so some crazy things in cuffs, but man... anyone who sees this can objectively tell he wasn't in a position to put a fight once he was on the ground and cuffed. And if he was, "Hey partner need some help!" is all it wouldve taken

If your interested here is a real good article on the use of force continuum: nij.ojp.gov...

Personally I'd assume anyone with common sense would know that cutting off blood and oxygen for any appreciable amount of time would be lethal especially if the person is having medical issues (such as an overdose) which they articulated in their request for medics

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Yeah man, it made me nauseous, too... Especially when the guy was trying to move his shoulder up to catch a breath of air. Pepsi Can Arms is gonna spend a long time in prison for this one, and deservedly so. He should have known better.

I sure hope so man

Any justification I can think of for this is negated by the facts he was proned out and cuffed and that a second officer was a few feet away

I'm with you I really got the impression it was to spite the onlookers when really they should have ignored them and took care of business

I'd love to chalk it up to remedial training needed or better verbal skills needed if someone didn't die as a result of it

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm not going to watch this (because I don't need any more of this kind of crap in my mind) but it seems like anyone who knows anything about the way the human body works would almost have to be trying to cause death in order for them to cause death with such a hold. And if the cop didn't know any better, he shouldn't have been using that move. People do not die rapidly from a choke hold unless they have a heart attack or something. Though if the man was in poor health, he could have had a heart attack just from fear.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's worse than it looks.

Also, as usual, I'm disgusted how fast this place went to, "But what happened before the video?" And, "But black on black crime!"

NONE of that has anything to do with this man being executed in the street.

Worst part is not one of them had the thought process to back off, cool off and reasses the situation

This started from some sort of alleged forgery scheme is that right?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Black on black gun violence is much much worse that any potential abuse by law enforcement. For every story like this one there are 100 plus a month on black on black gun violence. Media should be ashamed of themselves not addressing it. Black people as well. It's a severe problem that is never addressed.

One is done by thugs and criminals and the other is done by people in the position of authority, so kind of a big difference there.

link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
People do not die rapidly from a choke hold unless they have a heart attack or something. Though if the man was in poor health, he could have had a heart attack just from fear.

The guy had a knee to his jugular for about 8 minutes making it difficult to breathe, and starving his brain of oxygen.

link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm not going to watch this (because I don't need any more of this kind of crap in my mind) but it seems like anyone who knows anything about the way the human body works would almost have to be trying to cause death in order for them to cause death with such a hold. And if the cop didn't know any better, he shouldn't have been using that move. People do not die rapidly from a choke hold unless they have a heart attack or something. Though if the man was in poor health, he could have had a heart attack just from fear.

I don't blame you. It is clear he's unresponsive near the end.

People do not die rapidly from a choke hold

Exactly true

Short term use is one thing

According to Cornell

Deadly force means that force which a reasonable person would consider likely to cause death or serious bodily harm.

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Black on black gun violence is much much worse that any potential abuse by law enforcement. For every story like this one there are 100 plus a month on black on black gun violence. Media should be ashamed of themselves not addressing it. Black people as well. It's a severe problem that is never addressed.

No, you should be ashamed of yourself for attempting to use a non sequitur to distract from the fact that there wasn’t absolutely no reason for the officer to keep his knee and full body weight on this guys airway for a good 7 min. One has nothing to do with the other.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, this is disturbing. I have no doubt I just watched a murder committed by four cops. I'm pro cop and nearly always take their side, but this?

They fired them if you have not looked at the updated story. Now it remains to be seen if they are charged with murder. They damn well better be.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

6 people around just watched that man die. If I was there I would have tried to save his life. That broke my heart. Those cop need murder charges. Also how often do those two actually do that #.... breaks my heart...

link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Peter, I think he's calling out the unfair media attention used to paint police officers in general in the same light as the apparent killer(s) in this video. Contrast that to the intentional supression of crime data that makes some areas look bad.

None of that is an excuse for what happens here.

link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Instead of ignoring the crowd, its almost like he kept his knee there just so it wouldn't look like he removed it because of them. That's the impression I get

Honestly that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
"I'll keep my knee wherever I want, because I AM THE AUTHORITY, and EVERYONE WILL SEE IT!"
It's kindof sad that that isn't even sarcasm.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

For every story like this one there are 100 plus a month on black on black gun violence.

That in no way makes it ok for a cop to blatantly murder someone in the street.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Give it up. The video is too damning. Those cops murdered that man on camera. The dept. agreed and fired them.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
And that is what i don´t understand. What is wrong with the US population? Proud to be armed to the teeth, posing with guns everywhere, ready to kill each other for a few dollars or less. But if those armed to the teeth weekend Rambos watch a murder nobody uses his gun to stop this murder. Afraid of that thin blue line? Again, what do you have all you weapons for if not to fight tyranny and state terrorism?

Stop to shoot each other and shoot those that deserve to be shot!

Like that MF of a "cop". I would have kicked him into his ugly face before i would stand there and watch a murder happen.
Or at least trying it instead of making spyPhone videos. Do you think that this "cop" ends up in prison because of these videos?He will be on paid leave for two weeks and maybe has to do duty in another town then.

Think about this: Maybe you are the next victim of these "cops". And ask yourself why you are so proud of your second amendment and of owning tons of guns. Only to kill each other but not those that deserve it? Not to save a life? I am sorry, but then your second amendment and all of your "wonderful" guns are pretty useless.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join