It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com... ng-on-his-neck

The FBI has been called to investigate an incident in Minneapolis where a black man died after a white police officer pinned his knee against the suspect's neck as he appeared to struggle to breathe and begged for help before going limp.

You know, its acceptable to use these kind of moves to gain compliance provided its neccesary and reasonable force. What isn't reasonable is this man's partner standing 2 feet away while this guy is forced to resort to this kind of force.

Once the guy was down cuffed and verbally indicating his surrendor, he was clearly no longer in a position to resist arrest. If what they were doing wasn't working, then its time to escalate to pain compliance with OC/taser not to cut his airway off and put the lights out

Don't know what happened here, don't know the full story, don't have much of an opinion other than very poor teamwork

edit on 5/26/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
Looks like a good portion of that was these assholes delivering punishment. The onlookers are spot on.

edit on 26-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Still don't know how he died. Report said he was having medical issues during the incident. Could have had a heart attack or hyperventilated resisting the whole time. Notice nobody is showing a video of the thing that got us to the thing as usual.

Not one report said he was dead when the ambulance arrived.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think I just watched a guy die

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I really wish that a large group of citizens would stop these encounters and officers would be charged as you and me.

+10 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I watched this and the way the cop kept his knee on the suspect long enough to kill him was ridiculous. I see no evidence to support the cop's actions here. Not after the guy was detained. This is the crap that gives other police a bad name.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
This makes me sick to my stomach.

Me too, if thats not manslaughter, I don't know what is.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Black on black gun violence is much much worse that any potential abuse by law enforcement. For every story like this one there are 100 plus a month on black on black gun violence. Media should be ashamed of themselves not addressing it. Black people as well. It's a severe problem that is never addressed.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think so too vonclod

Instead of ignoring the crowd, its almost like he kept his knee there just so it wouldn't look like he removed it because of them. That's the impression I get

Hope they had body cameras and the body/dash cam footage is released so we get a more complete picture. All I know is that what was shown in the video is all wrong. If he was resisting, there was a second officer who could've assisted long before a crowd even formed. Its obvious he was resisting initially because the gentleman in the beginning of the video was telling the guy to relax and just get in the car, but that doesn't matter once its done its done get him under control, get him searched and get him in the car for his safety and officer safety.

FBI will get to the bottom of this

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That move can't be in their SOP. If that is the case this officer will be charged with a crime. Still no excuse though for never addressing black on black gun violence. We will never get anywhere until it is showcased what blacks are up to in their own communities against each other.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Very true, and I'm usually the guy defending the cop because I see reasons to. But the cop in this video kept his knee on the suspect, even after he was detained, until the guy died. And he still had his knee on the guy's neck. It's been a long time, but I can't stand with the cop in this one. This is the reason they get bad names even though it's usually justifiable.

One thing we'll probably never see is the black on black reports of crime, democrats don't care about that. Their weakness is any kind of white on black crime whether it's real or manufactured.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Black on black gun violence is much much worse that any potential abuse by law enforcement. For every story like this one there are 100 plus a month on black on black gun violence. Media should be ashamed of themselves not addressing it. Black people as well. It's a severe problem that is never addressed.

It is. No doubt about it.

Still makes me sick to see the home team do something like this. Even chokeholds are understood to be something to be done momentarily and then released. You don't knee into somebody's neck, there are plenty of effective ways to gain compliance and maintain control namely the 2nd officer who was there

It can be argued he was doing crowd control, sure. But the crowd didn't magically appear. It cropped up because they, for some reason, failed to move this guy to the car.

No when you have someone in custody YOU are responsible for their safety. Whether its a member of the crowd attacking the person in custody or whatever the situation may be, you arrest them you are responsible for them

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Very true, and I'm usually the guy defending the cop because I see reasons to. But the cop in this video kept his knee on the suspect, even after he was detained, until the guy died. And he still had his knee on the guy's neck. It's been a long time, but I can't stand with the cop in this one. This is the reason they get bad names even though it's usually justifiable.

One thing we'll probably never see is the black on black reports of crime, democrats don't care about that. Their weakness is any kind of white on black crime whether it's real or manufactured.

Same here. 99.9% of these I'm with the boys in blue. Because its usually clear cut or at the very least some reasonable explanation to explain officers activities. This is totally different, and sickening

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: vonclod

I think so too vonclod

Instead of ignoring the crowd, its almost like he kept his knee there just so it wouldn't look like he removed it because of them. That's the impression I get

That's EXACTLY what I got out of this... I was thinking he kept his knee there to spite the crowd. I was thinking to myself as I watched it, "Damn, if y'all would just shut up he'd probably get off the guy's neck."

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yeah man, it made me nauseous, too... Especially when the guy was trying to move his shoulder up to catch a breath of air. Pepsi Can Arms is gonna spend a long time in prison for this one, and deservedly so. He should have known better.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I watched this and the way the cop kept his knee on the suspect long enough to kill him was ridiculous. I see no evidence to support the cop's actions here. Not after the guy was detained. This is the crap that gives other police a bad name.

Yeah no doubt about that LSU, breaks my heart to watch this

No matter what the guy did he didnt deserve that, dear god just get them under control and take care of business. by the book. Like someone else pointed out I guarantee this wasn't part of their SOPs and this guy was never trained or authorized to use this in place of established pain compliance techniques with really any less lethal tool OC, electronic stun device, that sort of thing

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
One day the gang members who drive around in gang labelled vehicles wearing their gang colours, will realize when The SHTF they are all very easily identifiable. Take it as you may!!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I thought the knee always went between the shoulder blades, not on the neck where you mash the airways unless it was just quick enough to cuff or move to a different position.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Still no excuse though for never addressing black on black gun violence. We will never get anywhere until it is showcased what blacks are up to in their own communities against each other.

And that has what to do with this?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join