It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: Halgroar
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
You may be correct, I got some information tonight that gave me chills. This #-storm is going get Yellow-Stone big if it plays out the way I think. My source is a buddy who happens to be a Mpls cop. He is currently working the riots now. Watch for the cop cams and the cause of death.

Let me guess, he overdosed?

Won't change much if so. The cop did his thing for 10 mins, well beyond any reasonable length of time.

I completely agree but I could see a nightmare scenario where the cops get off because he overdosed.

That would really be the lighting of a fuse..surely something will apply, but yes..if it's not a murder type charge..it will get uglier.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's already been brought up that knee to neck is apparently allowed in Minneapolis, so it would be difficult to call that itself illegal?

It’s allowed through policy. AFAIK there is no law that says a cop can or can’t do it. So it’s strictly a policy issue, which the killer is already on the wrong side of because the level of resistance George was presenting was not at all enough to be at the level of use of force that permits a knee to the neck. The killer was outside of policy by a mile, and any charges that come down will stem from that.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"Police policy" isn't law so that could be completely moot depending. And I agree that continuing to apply the knee to neck even after he is in compliance because he passed out could be seen as excessive force.

Then there is the other crime that 3 other police stood by and watched what was excessive force.

They definitely shouldn't overcharge because then the chances are greater they won't stick and I'm not sure why the DA is taking his time arresting for excessive force now because he can add charges later if he feels he has the case.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Exactly, too many times there is an excuse that it was "Police policy" or SOP that a cop did x and y. But that is rarely written in law and it's unfortunate for our justice system that this sort of "I was following my training" gets them off when it shouldn't if the DA wasn't phoning in the prosecution.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

There is an investigation that has to be done first.

Floyd’s death is under investigation by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the FBI. When the BCA investigation is complete, the file will be turned over to the Hennepin County Attorney for charging. The case has been assigned to Assistant Hennepin County Attorney Amy Sweasy. Sweasy is the prosecutor who secured the third-degree murder conviction of Mohamed Noor last year in the death of Justine Damond. I would guess that Sweasy will be closely involved with the BCA investigation. She was not impressed with its work in the Noor case.

There is an agency called the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension that has to investigate, and when they are done, they turn the file over to the County Attorney for charging. I guess when the charges are made, the arrests will happen?

edit on 28-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

They turned it over to the BCA because a police officer was involved; sort of like a change of venue.
So, now they wait. But yeah they will wait to arrest at this point because they can claim they have handed it over and it's up to BCA and the FBI to figure out charges.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The way that read though it's the same process that was followed when Noor shot Justine Damond except he was placed on administrative leave, not fired outright like these officers have been.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yes, anytime there is a police officer investigation BCA gets involved as part of their "process."

But anyone in the county could have arrested Chauvin. The Park Police, Minneapolis Police, Hennepin County Sheriff and maybe even the DAs office depending on their particular structure.

This isn't some Constitutional demand that BCA gets to investigate first. Heck even a citizen could conceivably do an arrest. This is all Minnesota Police Policy that BCA takes over when a cop is involved in a death.

We have to stop allowing bureaucrats to determine how they do the job we pay them to do.

They didn't have multi angle video showing what Noor did so it wasn't as cut and dry what he should be arrested for and required a bit more investigation, do I understand that wasn't immediate.

edit on 28-5-2020 by Identified because: Spells

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yes, it wasn't as cut and dry what he should be arrested for, so he was on administrative leave. But there was never much doubt that he was getting arrested.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Some of you, the ones that are arguing over looting, rioting and the root cause have got it a bit wrong. You are doing what married couples often make the mistake of doing and are intermingling actions and causes.

If you really want to understand "something", you have to isolate that and not consider what after that "something" caused and then redefine your opinion because of your disdain for that action.

The murder of George Floyd has nothing to do with the riots going on that are causing destruction in Minnesota. The riots are happening because bad people (Of which there are a lot of) take advantage of any situation to benefit themselves. This fact is not and was not George Floyd's fault and is of complete separate issue.

Don't talk about the murder and the riots in the same breath as if they are the same problem or I will have to make a very pointed long winded response on why you are very, very wrong.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Hope the FBI investigation is completed soon.

This one *should* be sorted out quickly based on the last 4 minutes of video alone—where all three officers remained on him AFTER he had already DIED.

The first part of the video is absolutely F#king disgusting. The last four minutes of the video is horrific.

I state that as a person who witnessed a murder as child. It smells like putrid vinegar. The smell never leaves your conscious. I have PTSD...

The entire world saw an American cop(s) INTENTIONALLY MURDER a man in the most cold-blooded fashion in BROAD DAYLIGHT with a nonchalant demeanor while being filmed by other citizens. AND DID NOT GIVE A FLYING F#k as they did so!

Yesterday I spoke/video chat with friends in Amsterdam, one in Germany, one in Venezuela, London, New Zealand, Australia, and Japan for business reasons. This US police murder ended up being all we spoke about.

All your US big headline killings in the past have gone international—but not like this one! This one hit even harder than the Tamir Rice killing. I haven't seen this kind of reaction INTERNATIONALLY before like I'm seeing now. This was one slow deliberate execution that really F#ks with anybody with at least a shred of humanity within them.

There is a reason why the FBI and DOJ got involved immediately...

This police killing on top of the S# show of the Trump administration has ALL of us—the WORLD— just watching with bewilderment and horror.

America needs to do better. Long overdue.

Something to contemplate concerning the topic, my friend:

U.S. Police are Being Trained by Israel—And Communities of Color Are Paying the Price

progressive.org...

The LAST FOUR MINUTES is the crime...

edit on 28-5-2020 by Involutionist because: Grammar & punctuation SUCKS!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it odd that a potential VP pick as ties to this department and the officer who subdued the man who died en route to the hospital? You know, the person who was floated and was stated to be not wanted by a certain group of people.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Seriously tho, it seemed almost humane to have just shot him dead rather than a long drawn out killing lasting 9 min.
edit on 29-5-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Seriously tho, it seemed it almost humane to have just shot him dead rather than a long drawn out killing lasting 9 min.

Yeah and the serial killer calm expression the cop had the whole time is just... disgusting.

like it was just another day for him...

disgusting.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

its a crime that others stand by and feel powerless to help and watch authoritarians kill someone in cold blood because they are afraid they too will be assaulted by those sworn to protect them.

America needs to stand together and bring an end to the brutal injustice carried out all across America by police officers who have abandoned all reason and logic and become a cog in the machine

Where was George FLoyds rights to a trial , innocent before proven guilty , this cop is not an American he doesnt stand for the values America was founded upon he is your enemy adn there are many more like him , and many more in greater positions of power like him
edit on 29-5-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

edit on 30-5-2020 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join