It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Minneapolis has strict gun laws. Nobody on the streets carry, or almost nobody. Kicking the cop would have gotten you shot in the heart immediately. There's no good scenario here.

**shaking head**

Somehow it always comes back to bad bad 2nd amendment BS... with NO grasp of the reality of things. Just use ANY circumstance to bash the 2nd and gun owners. Sad...

I don't grasp what you're saying here. Do you think that I'm bashing the 2nd?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Same here. I would have at least pulled him off. At that point, I'm not worried about my life, I'm worried about my family's life.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: JBurns

I'm sure you've seen it by now, but I was even more disgusted when I saw TWO more officers holding him down on the other side of the truck. Geez.

I did

Find it amazing to even go there, but my first thought when I saw that was the officer trying to keep the crowd back didn't want them to see that two others were already controlling his torso and legs. There is just no excuse to continue applying any kind of choke and really not even in the first place, there were now known to be at least 4 officers there. What the hell?

I truly believed this sort of thing just didn't happen. Never in my life have I seen something go down like this

back in the 70's 80's and 90's the way you'd stick it to jerks and people who really wanted to be A-Holes and insisted on talking themselves deeper and deeper into a hole was putting multiple traffic offenses each on their own citation (costs more money) for example. Basically holding them to the letter of the Law. They want to walk around 2 in the morning shouting profanities and tell ya to screw off instead of just going home? No problem... disorderly conduct. Never saw anything even coming close to this in ~30 years on the job

I am proud to see so many people speaking out against this though. Truly does a disservice to professional LEOs everywhere, and that is equally unfair

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
enjoyd waching the other police-officer jurking himself off with his hand in his pocket …
yeaaa make america great again
pfff how many can the black population of the white americans handle...
seems the KKK has grown bigger than ever before !

What in the flying fck are you even talking about?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
enjoyd waching the other police-officer jurking himself off with his hand in his pocket …
yeaaa make america great again
pfff how many can the black population of the white americans handle...
seems the KKK has grown bigger than ever before !

Keep making it black VS white and you are the problem. Its us, the citizen, against a militarized police force trained to view all of us as criminals rather than fellow American citizens. YOU are the problem.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

a reply to: DerBeobachter

Minneapolis has strict gun laws. Nobody on the streets carry, or almost nobody. Kicking the cop would have gotten you shot in the heart immediately. There's no good scenario here.

**shaking head**

Somehow it always comes back to bad bad 2nd amendment BS... with NO grasp of the reality of things. Just use ANY circumstance to bash the 2nd and gun owners. Sad...

I don't grasp what you're saying here. Do you think that I'm bashing the 2nd?

Nope, the guy both you and I were responding to. Unless Im mistaken.

Id never think YOU were an anti 2nd sort of person. LOL!!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: LSU2018
Lets hope so, I wonder about the rest of them?

They would have to be accessories at the very least I would think.

First degree is premeditated. No chance there (in my opinion)
Second degree is intentional, but not premeditated. I don't think there's a chance there either.
Third applies to 3 states, MN being one of them, but I don't think it would apply here either. It says it's a felony murder so the way I take that is since the cop used his knee, it wouldn't classify.

Manslaughter, however, is the killing of a human without malice aforethought. The unfortunate thing is that the best charge the cop can get will give him a max sentence of only 8 years. 10 years if it's voluntary manslaughter. But I don't think voluntary would stick in this scenario.

A cop in prison for any length of time could be a death sentence so there is that.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Brutal.
The cop was clearly scared of the black guy.

I hope people find that ex cops address.
Then he will have a reason to be scared.
edit on 26-5-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Brutal.
The cop was clearly scared of the black guy.

Cop has a small penis thing wrong with him. Gotta be a tough guy even with a subdued and unconscious human being. Same mentality that makes people punch and abuse nursing home patients... as we saw recently.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I thought It appeared more "vengeful" than anything

These guys look like they took whatever he did very personally, they collectively took on the role of judge and jury and in this case executioner and that is not OK with me

There are situations where imminent threats require immediate responses, sometimes even lethal force. But this doesn't fit those criteria or even come close to it by my standards and apparently by many others including their own Dept.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Black on black gun violence is much much worse that any potential abuse by law enforcement. For every story like this one there are 100 plus a month on black on black gun violence. Media should be ashamed of themselves not addressing it. Black people as well. It's a severe problem that is never addressed.

Shame on you for bringing up the whole "black on black" crime issue and trying to link it to this murder by those crooked ass devil cops. If you want to start a fresh thread on black on black crime, then by all means do it. This was a cruel, despicable, and criminal show of force by those 4 cops and they deserve everything coming to them and more. All they had to do was check his pulse and there were enough cops there to properly subdue him but they chose to snuff out his life like they did. Talk about that and nothing more.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Look, I don't dispute the validity of his point. I just tgink that it's distracting from the fact that we all watched one LEO legitimately murder a cuffed and subdued suspect because he wanted to prove that HE was in charge and not tge bystanders. And while 3 other Leo's stood there watching. It makes me sick to my stomach.

We all know the media has to put its spin on everything. Isnt that why a lot of us are here on ATS? To question the narrative? I just thought the side bar tirade was distracting from the topic at hand.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

Nah, they get protective custody with all the prison guards thinking of them as being railroaded and unjustly imprisoned. Unless the cop they are guarding is seen as a snitch or did something against another cop but still he will be in protective custody.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I watched this and the way the cop kept his knee on the suspect long enough to kill him was ridiculous. I see no evidence to support the cop's actions here. Not after the guy was detained. This is the crap that gives other police a bad name.

Yeah no doubt about that LSU, breaks my heart to watch this

No matter what the guy did he didnt deserve that, dear god just get them under control and take care of business. by the book. Like someone else pointed out I guarantee this wasn't part of their SOPs and this guy was never trained or authorized to use this in place of established pain compliance techniques with really any less lethal tool OC, electronic stun device, that sort of thing

You say no matter what this guy didn’t deserve it, well, let’s not go that far, some do deserve it, sorry

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is why their names still aren't being released? They have the victim's entire life story posted within hours when this sort of thing happens but the names of the cops involved are protected.

I'd like their public files and complaints released too since they are public servants and those records are public record any other time in most cases.
edit on 26-5-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

originally posted by: JBurns

I watched this and the way the cop kept his knee on the suspect long enough to kill him was ridiculous. I see no evidence to support the cop's actions here. Not after the guy was detained. This is the crap that gives other police a bad name.

Yeah no doubt about that LSU, breaks my heart to watch this

No matter what the guy did he didnt deserve that, dear god just get them under control and take care of business. by the book. Like someone else pointed out I guarantee this wasn't part of their SOPs and this guy was never trained or authorized to use this in place of established pain compliance techniques with really any less lethal tool OC, electronic stun device, that sort of thing

You say no matter what this guy didn’t deserve it, well, let’s not go that far, some do deserve it, sorry

So wait, are you saying some folks deserve being criminally murdered in the streets? Do explain how.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

There was a similar situation here in Key West I back in 2013. The local police did thier best to cover up what transpired that day. It was truly horrendous. In this instance not only did they kill the man the police illegally had the body sent to be cremated to try avoid an autopsy.

Link to one article about Charles Eimers in custody death

Multiple officers lied about what happened that day. Only two were disciplined. I expect more of the same weak discipline in this case in Minnesota.

link to local paper with video

The original incident happened on Thanksgiving of 2013 when Elmers allegedly sped off from a traffic stop, leading police on a chase. From there, the “official account” of what happened begins to fall apart.

Police first reported that after Eimers sped off he eventually stopped his car at the beach. Police said that Eimers then got out and collapsed into the sand, having never regained consciousness.

However, video evidence of the incident was released which contradicted these claims. In the video we clearly see Eimers exit his vehicle with his hands up and get on the ground, as police, with weapons drawn, ordered Eimers to do.
The police claimed that Eimers’ face was not in the sand and that he was not bleeding. However an additional video surfaced in November 2014, taken by a tourist which showed Eimers’ face covered in sand and blood coming from his ears.

The FDLE had the phone number of the iphone videographer in Colombia all along and knew that the video existed, but they never made the call. The Eimers’ family attorneys did.

The new video supported the civilian witnesses account, which is contrary to the testimony of certain police officers who claim Eimers was never face down in the sand. Civilian witnesses said Eimers’ face was “caked up with sand,” and that he had “sand in the mouth and nose.”

Eimers, unconscious and unresponsive was eventually brought to the hospital. After a week of unconsciousness, and being on life support, Treavor Eimers, made the difficult decision to pull the plug. Charles Eimers died on December 4, 2013.

Treavor says he had confidently assumed that an autopsy would be performed; it was also required by Florida law. However, with no logical explanation being offered, the police hurriedly shipped his body off to a funeral home and asked for it to be cremated, CBS reported.

This hurried response was not only against police protocol but also against the law and all of this was done without the consent of the family. Luckily, the funeral home did not get to the cremation in a timely fashion so Eimers’ body sat there for 7 days, eventually allowing for an autopsy.

edit on 26-5-2020 by Meniscus because: Added another link

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Murder 2 has a subsection for unintentional killing in the course of committing or attempting to commit a felony. DoJ would be able to charge this as a felony deprivation of rights under color of law due to there being force and bodily injury, imho. Whether Minnesota has their laws setup the same way or not is a different question.

That said, murder 2 unintentional seems like a reasonable charge to me. Murder 3 seems like a more winnable charge, though. Will be curious to see how this one gets charged, and whether the feds take it over or not.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton

It is never a cops authority to extrajudicially execute someone. Self defense is not what we saw here even if you suscribe to the entire "you haven't seen what happened before this video started" mindset.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I understand
My apologies, I certainly don't want to distract from the topic at hand either

It is completely out of line and I see those 4 as little more than common criminals and thugs. Worse even, they swore an oath to uphold the law

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join