It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

US President Donald Trump has declared that churches, synagogues and mosques are ‘essential’ establishments. He ordered governors to allow them to reopen immediately, and threatened to override them if they refuse.

Any governor that has a problem with this can call the president, but will not find understanding, Trump added. If the governors refuse to allow the houses of worship to reopen immediately, this very weekend, “I will override the governors,” he said.

Source

Good! These places are important to many people, and it's a shame they've been forced to close! It's about time!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If people want to go to church, they should be able to, you are not forced to go to church. Around here, the churches are back on a limited basis, with strict social distancing in them. But many are still doing online services.

+12 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

US President Donald Trump has declared that churches, synagogues and mosques are ‘essential’ establishments. He ordered governors to allow them to reopen immediately, and threatened to override them if they refuse.

Any governor that has a problem with this can call the president, but will not find understanding, Trump added. If the governors refuse to allow the houses of worship to reopen immediately, this very weekend, “I will override the governors,” he said.

Source

Good! These places are important to many people, and it's a shame they've been forced to close! It's about time!

Yep. I think herding all of the hoaxers into the same large room and breathing the same air while singing hymns, and blowing respiratory particles into the air is a great idea. I am not sure why Trump is trying to kill his base population, but oh well. I am exhausted with trying to do my part to stop the spread of the virus, and more exhausted dealing with fools.

It is time to let Darwin have his way with these morons.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They claim to believe in God and miraculous healing and protection.

In reality they are afraid of catching the cold and submit to their true God - the Government.

If Jesus returned today he'd look at all these mask wearing hypocrites and say
"I Don't Know You".

Everyone's showing their true colors in Covid-1984, and it ain't pretty. It's just ugly lies right in your face.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes this is great news!

But I cant help but wonder if Pastors like these help push the way for this

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

Open the bars and beerjoints as well. Human contact and dancing is essential to many.

edit on 22-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Covid-1984 causes the common cold.

You actually expended even 1 calorie thinking you could avoid a cold that's spreading world wide? Or that it was even 'dangerous'?

Hahahaha.
Ludicrous....

I diagnose you as watching too much fictional TV News and my prescription is that you TURN IT OFF!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

This should make congresswoman ilhan Omar happy.

+15 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

Source

Yep. I think herding all of the hoaxers into the same large room and breathing the same air while singing hymns, and blowing respiratory particles into the air is a great idea. I am not sure why Trump is trying to kill his base population, but oh well. I am exhausted with trying to do my part to stop the spread of the virus, and more exhausted dealing with fools.

I smelled the smug from the home page.

This much hubris must be exhausting to self justify, give yourself, along with the rest of mankind a break.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The almighty will protect you in the churches, tabernacles, and anywhere the faithful congregate.

"Faith"....now that's the tricky part!
edit on 22-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

Source

Stop the spread of the virus?

What are you?

Superman?

Viruses spread. It is the nature of viruses.

If you don't want the virus, don't go out.

But do not make that determination for anyone else.

To close churches but leave Walmart open is idiocy to perfection.
edit on 22-5-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Yes this is great news!

But I cant help but wonder if Pastors like these help push the way for this

I wonder what this "Man of God" motivation is.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

NO DB! Stop!!!

We need to lock ourselves in our moms basement for years. Until not even the equivalent of the man flu — is gone FOREVER!

Shame on you! You racist against elderly a-hole!

+9 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
I agree with this edict, but it should be extended to opening the country back up to business as usual. The governors had no constitutional authority to do what they did to start with, I don't care what their state constitution says.

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Between this and the church that was burned down by terrorists thread, I'm starting to think you have a bit of a grudge against religious people. Sad.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What are you?

Superman?

Yes, however I prefer 'Übermensch' but that's only because these narc on your neighbor/stomp on your rights times call for a more World War II type mentality.

I bet you did Nazi that coming.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
He’s just pandering.
It’s up to the governors.
He knows they won’t listen to his idiocy.

But he can blame them later.
He doesn’t give a crap if anyone goes to church or not .
He pretends again, and some voters will fall for it, again.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
He’s just pandering.
It’s up to the governors.
He knows they won’t listen to his idiocy.

I sort of agree with you. This is a pointless exercise UNLESS he also orders the DOJ to ensure states and cities adhere to the First Amendment Rights of the citizenry. Now, if/when POTUS does that and we start seeing federal Civil Liberty lawsuits against the governors and mayors infringing on the religious freedom of their citizens, then we can say this president is showing teeth and doing what needs to be done. (Brace yourself for it, because I think it is coming.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join