It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do hardcore bible believers say about this???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Seapeople

If I was warned, then so should he. End of story. Won't happen though. The anti reason bias on this website is far too strong.

God this was too funny......

How many warns have I given you Ed?

I can think of 2-3 right off the bat.

I have already asked for a warning and will so again, if he got one then I should also as I posted basically what he did, and yes you have given me many, to many to count in these last 9 months to be honest.

Go ahead and make it even, I can accept that.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It is another processs of evolution. Species come and go on a regular basis on this planet (and will continue to). Hard core Christians often take the Bible too literally, but in this case it is irrelevant. It is irrelevant because the Bible states (Genesis 1:20-26, from the King James Version):

"And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the firmament of the heavens." 21 So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." 23 And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day. 24 And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the cattle according to their kinds, and everything that creeps upon the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." "

Simply says he made plants, animals, man, etc. not how he made them. It does not discount evolution as a part of that process. Something else strange that I noticed while reading the King James version of the Bible, "make man in OUR image". "OUR" hmmm who else was there?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Simply says he made plants, animals, man, etc. not how he made them. It does not discount evolution as a part of that process. Something else strange that I noticed while reading the King James version of the Bible, "make man in OUR image". "OUR" hmmm who else was there?

Elohim - Plural - Trinity.............

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think everyone is missing the extremely obvious.

Evolution = Evol-ution = Evil-ution

Huh? See? Yea!

*runs for the hills screaming "Evilution!, Evilution!"*

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The problem with evolution to me is that it attempts to portray taht there is no need for a creator and the science just does not back it up, th universe it to young, missing links, carbon dating errror among some...

Adaptation is what I can believe but only as an explanation as to why a male bird will have colors and the female not, why some can fly some can not......I mean look at man, he is getting larger and fatter. It is genetics and environment and that change that it brings but evolution can not explain how it started and if one is honest with oneself they can look and say this code along with the universe could not just be here without a guiding hand....

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You need to educate yourself about Christians. The majority of Christians believe in Evolution...(Micro evolution) they have a problem with (Macro evolution though).

Microevolution refers to any evolutionary change below the level of species, and refers to changes in the frequency within a population or a species of its alleles (alternative genes) and their effects on the form, or phenotype, of organisms that make up that population or species.

Think of it this way God did create these NEW creatures as you call them, God designed the recipe from the beginning and let nature take it's course. I.E. time goes on dogs evolved into many different variations. The same with cats, birds, humans etc.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Nemesis979]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by EastCoastKidI believe in Creation. But that also entails evolution. We tend to lose sight of the fact that God's time is not our own. He and His work is not confined to our miniscule paramaters. Christians should understand that everything on this planet evolves continuously. That is not in opposition to biblical beliefs.

I can say I agree with you on this one, I say adaptation and not evolution because I know that I can breed certain traits into animals and they are not evolving because of some mother nature guru in the background dictating what I am doing, thing is the animal was already here for me to manipulate......remember the Bible says we (humans) have dominion over the animal kingdom and are to be stewards to them.....

Good point, Ed.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Something else strange that I noticed while reading the King James version of the Bible, "make man in OUR image". "OUR" hmmm who else was there?

Exactly! I've wondered that myself.. being a "hardcore bible believer."

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here's a good example of evolution.. dinosaurs walked the earth for however many years.. they died off.. the oil we use today wouldn't be here if it weren't for them.

I don't believe I evolved from monkeys, tho. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Here's a good example of evolution.. dinosaurs walked the earth for however many years.. they died off.. the oil we use today wouldn't be here if it weren't for them.

I don't believe I evolved from monkeys, tho. Sorry.

Oil did not come from dinosaurs alone, it came from peat and coal mostly. There might be truth that is it not necessarily all organic in nature either.

The end of the age of oil? I think not!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
sorry guys...

i have not read this thread yet but i will...

anyway, i am a catholic so i hope you do not think i am anti-catholic or something like this...

i will read all of these posts and get back to you...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That's a nice Vegeta pic, They See All!

I love how most people who bash evolution have little understanding of it. Evolution DOES NOT say that people evolved from monkeys. What it DOES say is that we had a common ancestor. Again, a COMMON ANCESTOR! Anyone who tells you otherwise is a fool.

I would say look at the similarities to show you that we're related, but even if I told you about the bonobo you wouldn't believe me. Not to mention molecular data...

I also love how Christians explain the OUR in Genesis as the Trinity. Guess what: the Trinity DIDN'T EVEN EXIST until 325 AD! Nice try...

BTW, this is also when it was "established" that Jesus was the Son of God. Interesting...

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I also love how Christians explain the OUR in Genesis as the Trinity. Guess what: the Trinity DIDN'T EVEN EXIST until 325 AD! Nice try...

So first, a chimpanzee has 99% the same DNA as a Human, yet a human has a big difference in what it has become. Why? Well let me just say it is called a soul, that is the difference and every human has one and also has control over the destiny of such....keep that in mind.

As for the Trinity, you need a little education, although the word trinity did not exist until around the time of the council of Nicea, the understanding was always there. Let US make man in OUR image.

Hmmm Jesus Christ is all over the old testament but that knowledge is not easily grasped.

here is but one example:

Exo 3:13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"

Exo 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Exo 3:15 God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.
Exo 3:16 "Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob-- appeared to me and said: I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt.

John 8:46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?
John 8:47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
John 8:48 The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"
John 8:49 "I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me.
John 8:50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge.
John 8:51 I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."
John 8:52 At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death.
John 8:53 Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"
John 8:54 Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.
John 8:55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word.
John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."
John 8:57 "You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

This you will ridicule as the usual turdblossom reaction, but to a person with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, it is as obvious as the seasons will change......

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok, Ed, even though you failed to disprove that the Council of Nicea established the Trinity, I'll respond to you. I would mention the alteration of the Bible, but why bother?

Why is it that the man who is the foundation of Christianity was a Jew? Jesus didn't found the religion; people who did not know him because he was DEAD founded the religion. Oh well, believe what you want, it makes no difference to me...

I just want to let you know that as a Christian you are currently under attack here in the US. Better yet, it is your so called christian conservative leaders who are responsible.
Damn, I love irony.

Tell me that I'm a turd blossom, I guess that's the best you've got...what a gay phrase.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Ok, Ed, even though you failed to disprove that the Council of Nicea established the Trinity, I'll respond to you. I would mention the alteration of the Bible, but why bother?

Excuse me? I said the word trinity DID come from that council, it was the concept that predated it.....you pointed that out in genesis. Trinity as a word has no Biblical equal, but the concept is there and has been from the beginning.

Why is it that the man who is the foundation of Christianity was a Jew? Jesus didn't found the religion; people who did not know him because he was DEAD founded the religion. Oh well, believe what you want, it makes no difference to me...

Well it is obvious you have no real knowledge of Christianity then, of course Christ did not start Christianity, it is the fulfillment of Judaism in a sense.

I just want to let you know that as a Christian you are currently under attack here in the US. Better yet, it is your so called christian conservative leaders who are responsible.
Damn, I love irony.

Well you have your opinions, lets just see when it is time for a Supreme court appointee ok?

Tell me that I'm a turd blossom, I guess that's the best you've got...what a gay phrase.

RANT did you see this?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I see it this way

1) All people have the right to think they are monkeys. They believed they evolved from a monkey, therefore they are simian.

2) All people have the ability to believe in God. If we, as we contend are created in the image of God, his name will likely be encoded in our DNA. I would imagine God would sign his work. This will be revealed. You read it here!

3) I do not find any other animals/ or plants writing about their religion. The idea of only one species of millions evolving to such a huge extent over the second place species seems statistically illogical.

4) The odds that many species have been shown to not change (evolve) one bit over millions of years despite the many different climate changes
and some do seems to me illogical. Example, The alligator gar, prong horn sheep, most all reptiles.

5) Evolutionary theory has been 'evolving' over the many years. Thermodynamic laws have remained the same. Point, one is a theory, one is a fact.

My point is creationism is a religious belief as is Darwinism. Lets keep both out of the schools and let people come to there own conclusions. I guess free thought is something liberals are intolerant of.

Next thing there will PC police trying to make laws against our thoughts. Please please ask me to support this last sentence.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Point ONE.......there is no data proving "evilution". No not a single bit of real scientific data proving evelution.

I challenge all here to provide actual scientific data that "evilution" exists.

Just for those who will be dense - evolution is Evilution

[edit on 14-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Dr H I read an article about some bird in Europe who over the last 20 years have evilved
to have longer tails. It is the best example of evilution
ever recorded. Im glad God made theyre tails longer. They look better. Hurray for Gods great power of evolution!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
Dr H I read an article about some bird in Europe who over the last 20 years have evilved
to have longer tails. It is the best example of evilution
ever recorded. Im glad God made theyre tails longer. They look better. Hurray for Gods great power of evolution!

So I guess you would consider new breeds of dogs, horses, cats, lamas, pigs etc etc etc

evolution also now wouldnt you?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
So I guess you would consider new breeds of dogs, horses, cats, lamas, pigs etc etc etc

evolution also now wouldnt you?

I dont know im not a scientist. Just a faithful catholic who loves science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join