It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do hardcore bible believers say about this???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
"hardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???

what do they have to say about the fact that there are NEW species of animals that weren't around when God "made the earth in seven days"???

some species of animals weren't around for thousands of years but only hundreds...

do they admit that these NEW creatures evolved or do they still think that God made them???

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And you know these are not adapted? How do we know they are new?

And just so you know, maybe God did slap some new ones down just for giggles....?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I love how those christians refer to evolution as adapting....

Ignorant Christian Fool 1 - "Hey fellow ignorant fools, what if we call evolution something else, then it won't really be evolution!"

Ignorant Christian Fool 2 - "What a wonderful idea! This way it just all disapears and we don't have to consider reality. Lord knows what happens if we have to concede to science again...like that time when they told us the world was not the center of the universe"

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why exactly can't evolution and creationism exist simultaneously?

This is just another fine example of ways to make the silly humans fight each other. Both sides are ignorant fools for believing there is only one way things could possibly be done. What part of "infinite universe" is so hard to comprehend? When something is infinite all things are possible. Oh forget it. When's this stupid human experiment over again?

It seems to me that humanity's enemy is humanity itself. And it looks like we're winning. Or losing. God I hate being the laughing stock of the universe. Thanks a lot people.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
I love how those christians refer to evolution as adapting....

Ignorant AntiChristian Fool 1 - "Hey fellow evolution supporters, lets make sure that we consider adaptation as pro-evolution!"

Ignorant AntiChristian Fool 2 - "What a wonderful idea! This way it just all disapears and we don't have to consider reality. Lord knows what happens if we don't have to concede to the Bible again...like that time when we told them man was just a monkey!"

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I know what the hardcore bible believers will say...as they always have a answer.
God made the plan of those new animals to evolve, he created the right enviroment for those creatures to come into existence.

Dont even try to question christians.....its a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Seapeople, you are just as bad as the ones who you criticize. It is their choice to worship the christian god, let them be. Nothing you say will change their viewpoint, especially if it is mean. To bring about the absence of ignorance, you must be nice to people. By being mean, they will not listen to you, and your message will go unheard.

They see all, that is one pitiful argument against the bible. One of the most pathetic I have ever seen. According to the bible, God can do whatever he wants, really, so don't you think he could make new creatures? Edsinger has a good point, maybe the christian god did just slap some new ones down for giggles. Now don't think I am supporting the bible, because I am not. However, it is for other reasons than the one this post is about. Cos' this reason is just plain silly.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kompaktor
Seapeople, you are just as bad as the ones who you criticize. It is their choice to worship the christian god, let them be. Nothing you say will change their viewpoint, especially if it is mean. To bring about the absence of ignorance, you must be nice to people. By being mean, they will not listen to you, and your message will go unheard.

They see all, that is one pitiful argument against the bible. One of the most pathetic I have ever seen. According to the bible, God can do whatever he wants, really, so don't you think he could make new creatures? Edsinger has a good point, maybe the christian god did just slap some new ones down for giggles. Now don't think I am supporting the bible, because I am not. However, it is for other reasons than the one this post is about. Cos' this reason is just plain silly.

stop the name calling people...

anyway, this is a great question...

are you going to believe the bible because "God wrote it"???

we HAVE to question EVERYTHING...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
BRAVO Kompaktor!!! you got my vote.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

This is just another fine example of ways to make the silly humans fight each other. Both sides are ignorant fools for believing there is only one way things could possibly be done.

Theres only one reply to that ...

You have voted ShadowHasNoSource for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I would like to point out a little bit of bias. Eddy boy up there made a statement. One that I responded to. And I know you guys all love my true responses. So, I was warned by skepticoverlord. Lovely touch skeptic, but why doesn't eddy boy get a warning for doing the exact same thing? Just because you guys don't like me, and you don't like to be reasonable, does not mean you should be unfair. Have some consistency.

If I was warned, then so should he. End of story. Won't happen though. The anti reason bias on this website is far too strong.

Tell me skeptic, and everyoneone else, what lie did I tell?

Ignorant AntiChristian Fool 1 - "Hey fellow evolution supporters, lets make sure that we consider adaptation as pro-evolution!"

Ignorant AntiChristian Fool 2 - "What a wonderful idea! This way it just all disapears and we don't have to consider reality. Lord knows what happens if we don't have to concede to the Bible again...like that time when we told them man was just a monkey!"

Now to respond to ed. Ed once again has shown his lack of intelligence regarding the bible. Your bible has no restaints in regards to science or reality. Don't try to convince any of the weak minded and undecided of here that it does. The progress of the human race is impeeded by those like you. I really wish humans did not have as much compassion as they do, we wouldn't have to deal with those who are so afraid to accept reality, that they block it out not only from themselves, which is foolish, but they block it out from others, which is down right apprehensible.

Also Ed, I like how you just skipped over the fact that I pointed out. Your religion murdered MILLIONS of people for things like...believeing the world was round....and that the earth was not the center of the universe. What do you have to say about that? I guess it didn't happen? God forbid that christians don't have an entire universe revolving around them and there beliefs based in nothing but fantasy.

Skeptic...Though you will probably warn me again gfor calling you out on your bias, I do believe someone else in here should be repremanded as well....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I would like to point out a little bit of bias. Eddy boy up there made a statement. One that I responded to. And I know you guys all love my true responses. So, I was warned by skepticoverlord. Lovely touch skeptic, but why doesn't eddy boy get a warning for doing the exact same thing?

Personally I agree with you in a sense, but believe me these guys are not afraid to give me a flag, I bet I have many many more than you.

Now if the flag was for the ignorant Christian fool comment, (Which did not piss me off in any way), then my response should also be flagged as I used your quote but with modifications. I can not say for sure..

Now to respond to ed. Ed once again has shown his lack of intelligence regarding the bible. Your bible has no restraints in regards to science or reality. Don't try to convince any of the weak minded and undecided of here that it does. The progress of the human race is impeeded by those like you. I really wish humans did not have as much compassion as they do, we wouldn't have to deal with those who are so afraid to accept reality, that they block it out not only from themselves, which is foolish, but they block it out from others, which is down right apprehensible.

Bullpuckey! Why should I not try to convince people that God loves them and wishes to have a personal relationship with them? Just cause you have no God doesn't mean you are correct by any means. The human race is not impeded by people like me, but your agenda is.

Also Ed, I like how you just skipped over the fact that I pointed out. Your religion murdered MILLIONS of people for things like...believeing the world was round....and that the earth was not the center of the universe. What do you have to say about that? I guess it didn't happen? God forbid that christians don't have an entire universe revolving around them and there beliefs based in nothing but fantasy.

Absolutely, millions, either convert or die...I never denied that. I agree with it in that it happened and that is why the Reformation happened, to get back to what God wants and not the corrupt Popes. Very similar to Islam in the Early years.

Skeptic...Though you will probably warn me again gfor calling you out on your bias, I do believe someone else in here should be repremanded as well....

Again I have to laugh here, If one of you mods could go back and see how many flags I have received just so this guy understands, and hell for giggles give me another so he wont feel deprived.

he thinks he is hated?
Now that is funny!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Edsinger has been red tagged a lot, he knows what he's talking about in that regard.

Dogmatic creationists don't use reason, they use ancient nursery rhymes taken literally for guidance. Using reason to argue with a creationist is like using a pickaxe to clear a mud flat - tiring, fruitless, ineffecient.

I believe creationists and evolutionaries ( as I like to call them ) can exist side by side. The problem occurs when extremism is injected. Extremism is the bread and butter of modern human society, and there's a reason for that too, you just have to be patient enough to keep searching, and astute enough to know the answer when you see it.

You know how I argue with dogmatic creationists? I reference cetaceans. Simple, elegant, no frills, to the point, indesputable evidence of evolution in action. You could argue using the flounder if you prefer flat ocean fish to streamlined ocean mammals, it's your choice.

Just remember, nothing about religion makes sense. It's about blind belief, not logic. It's like arguing in two different languages. The best approach as far as I can tell is to post interesting, factual evidence in a brief and pleasant manner, and then leave before they make you mad enough to rant about ignorance. :shrug:

Warning: The author of this post doesn't always follow the above advice.
I mean, we're all just humans right? hehe

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

what do they have to say about the fact that there are NEW species of animals that weren't around when God "made the earth in seven days"???

some species of animals weren't around for thousands of years but only hundreds...

do they admit that these NEW creatures evolved or do they still think that God made them???

Unfortunately even your question has holes in it... I'm not a HARDCORE bible thumper as you have stereotypically labelled ... but... you should REREAD your question ......
EVOLVED... from something GOD made? .. lol

who cares if they're new... think there were "mexican french german polish" people back then? .. no..... they hadn't all slept together yet...

Just like you take pulp from trees and make paper.... did the paper evolve? ...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The problem society has is not realizing that religeon BS is really Physcology BS... and really has a lot to do with SCIENCE.....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If you have a "Hardcore Bible Believer" asked this question odds are they will say, "God is all powerful and all knowing and if He so wills it that a species changes it shal be done. Who ever said God made rules for himself?"

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Did you know that all dogs came from the wolf? Each Breed takes something from the wolf. Man made the dogs we know to day.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

This is just another fine example of ways to make the silly humans fight each other. Both sides are ignorant fools for believing there is only one way things could possibly be done.

Theres only one reply to that ...

You have voted ShadowHasNoSource for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Woot Woot! My first vote ever, I think. And it's from a member I admire.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
m-w.com...

microevolution does not include genetically independent and "new" species.

this should expose the ignorance of the question the author of this thread posed. furthermore, even by macroevolution (true evolution) science, "new" species could not "appear" in only a few hundred years.

personally, as a reformed christian, i hold to creationism. not because i believe that i have to as one who believes the bible as spiritual truth, but beacuse i know that evolution has too many scientific flaws to be true. now, if new findings explain these flaws, then we can talk. regardless, i do not see how macroevolution contradicts the bible unless you are a literalist.

at this point in our understanding, by definition, religion is equal to scientific theory. each is based on partial fact and partial faith, as with most things we are told about that remain removed from our ability to observe without obstruction. unless you are a relativist. in which case, i am not really here. this is nothing but your imagination.

each day each person exercises a measure of faith. whether invested into science, self, God, or "other," each person will be made accountable. regardless of religion, this remains a spiritual truth. you reap what you sow. what goes around comes around. "karma."

daved

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

I believe in Creation. But that also entails evolution. We tend to lose sight of the fact that God's time is not our own. He and His work is not confined to our miniscule paramaters. Christians should understand that everything on this planet evolves continuously. That is not in opposition to biblical beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join