It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do hardcore bible believers say about this???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jawapunk
rather what kind of flower that seed will become given its genes adn the conditions which it is surrounded by.

Read a text book before you spout off a bunch of pathetic crap.

So what did the genes evolve from?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wonder what jeans evolved from. Probably short shorts.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by jawapunk
rather what kind of flower that seed will become given its genes adn the conditions which it is surrounded by.

Read a text book before you spout off a bunch of pathetic crap.

So what did the genes evolve from?

Man did no one read what i had to say? That kinda sucks

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I wonder what jeans evolved from. Probably short shorts.

No the actual question we should be asking,

Which came first, Jeans or Shorts?

Off to ponder...........

[edit on 15-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ok jawapunk Mr.NoItAll. Don't tell me about text you and your little scientist buddies have all these hypothesis but NO EXPLANATION to them at all. How come they came up with the Big Bang but still don't know how it got all that energy from? Come on Im waiting...... Uh huh Ya? NO!!!!

Second since you want to get all technical explain this Einstein. Have you noticed creation being PERFECT? As the bible states GOD is perfect so explain why the MOON has such a Perfect Circle? Explain why all the planet are Perfect Circles. And dont give me,"The Moon isnt a perfect circle blah blah blah," actually look at it, take a long look at it Im looking at it right now and its perfect, Yeah its not a full moon but where Im at you can see the darker part of the moon, its perfect. The sun is a perfect circle.

Here is another one for you too. You said evolution created us? Well then you believe we came from apes because most do! If we were once apes how come we dont see the process of a ape evolving into man? Yea Uh HUh....... Yes? Dont tell me text when texts are mostly HYPOTHISIZED and always have a question behind their answers.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Actually, if you want to really get technical there is no such thing as a perfect circle, because there will always be a space between two given points, but even the planets do not revolve in spherical paths, rather they are elliptical, a more beautiful shape, and one reason we get seasonal weather. The moon is not a perfect circle, it is a good example of a SPHERE though.

We also do see a process of evolution from apes to humans, it is a fossil record, it may not be conclusive evidence, nor proving that evolution happens but it is a start, and a better thng to contemplate than just slamming something and ignoring it. So scientists should just pack it up because they haven't produced the missing link yet? Or because it may interfere with creationism? Give me a break man.

I never said creation was perfect, nor evolution, I just said, before saomeone SLAMS a theory perhaps they should know a little bit about it before they do so, is that so bad? And I never perported (spelling?) to be the end all be all of knowledge, but I also know that the bible isn't either, it is a man made book, and a good way to live your life, but it isn't any more than that, it doesn't contaion any higher truth than any other religious text, just a different version.

I also never said I knew where the genes/jeans came from, but me not knowing doesn't prove/disprove creationism or evolution. All I was sayng was not to slam a theory before you know the facts, I was never into the church deal, but I do know the story, it is a nice fanciful theory, probably no more than evolution, but atleast there is evidence, and experiments on variousl species that can support evolution. I have yet to see anything but faith proving creationism, other than the fact that "it had to come from somewhere"

[edit on 16-3-2005 by jawapunk]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by jawapunk]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
...that God made everything to evolve...der

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SinCity702
Here is another one for you too. You said evolution created us? Well then you believe we came from apes because most do! If we were once apes how come we dont see the process of a ape evolving into man? Yea Uh HUh....... Yes?

:shk:
For the last time [hopefully] we are not decended from apes.. we share a common ancestor. This is why we have similar dna.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I dont really get how people try to use evolution and the big bang to try and proove that there isnt God. Theyre all like Science will proove God doesnt exhist. God made science. Its like trying to use ketchup to proove that there arent any hotdogs.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Chapter 16, verse 18:
Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since man has been on earth, so tremendous the quake.

I find this verse very intriguing, much the same as the rest of Revelations. But here, you see that the Bible admits to an earth before mankind existed on it. And one would assume that this time before mankind was more than a week, otherwise it would have never been mentioned. So, this either contradicts Genesis, or it just shows that the days mentioned in Genesis were really more than days that we know them as.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
No one ever said it was a 24 hour day as we know it. To God a day could be a billion years.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

No one ever said it was a 24 hour day as we know it. To God a day could be a billion years.

Yeah, I wasn't arguing against the case. I just brought up this verse because you can look at it either way and argue for either case with this one verse. Well, that's my opinion...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Actually to correct you on that, to God it would have been no time. God, because omnicient, is not bound by time. so it would have literally happened faster than light.
or if you can grasp this concept : it took no time at all

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Its like trying to use ketchup to proove that there arent any hotdogs.

A better analogy would be "It's like trying to use ketchup to prove there are tomatos." But I sort of get what you are saying.

And as far as I know no one said evolution would prove that there wasn't a god, just that creationism is wrong, or perhaps flawed would be a better word. I think evolution, if anything, proves there is a God, it is so intricate and complex, God's hand must be there. Creationism is too cop-out for me, I don't see the divine in it.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by jawapunk]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't see that science is necessarily trying to take the divine out of the world, just ignorance. Just because we can see God's plan that much more clearly through science, doesn't mean we are attempting to disprove God. Even the most stout hearted agnostics admit there is a power greater than themselves, they just don't prescribe to a church, organized religion to me is a total farce anyways, I believe in the self, and my personal ability to talk to God isn't marred by not attending church or not prescribing myself to certain structural religious thought.

I believe Science is not a religion, but it is a means of making religion acceptable 2000 years after the Bible is written. If you want to see God, go buy a telescope, or just look out your window, but certainly don't force thought out of the classrooms, or say it is taiinted because it doesn't prescribe to your religious beliefs. Forcing creationism down peoples throats is unconstitutional because it doesn't respect the varying religious beliefs that you can find even between two Christian churches, let alone different faiths. Evolution is scienctific, based on experimentation, is has a real basis for being in the classrooms.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
"hardcore" bible believers believe that God made ALL life on earth right???

God, who's name is Yaweh, did make life. But there were ancient civilizations who could've easily did genetic manipulation.
Also there could be tons of life us humans don't know about. Miles deep in the oceans. Or even animals that might hibernate for decades. Or that only come out when the climate is a certain way.
There are even animals that go into a near permenate "cryo-limbo". Technically they're dead. But when it warms up, or some enviormental condition is met, they "come back to life".

what do they have to say about the fact that there are NEW species of animals

I am courious about "these new animal species". Can you please post some links? Or what newspapers, magazines, did stories on them?

that weren't around when God "made the earth in seven days"???

The Bible also says time means nothing for Yahweh. 1 day is a thousand years, a thousand years is as 1 day. The "seven days" of creation could be 7 trillion years, or 7 days that are 24 hours each. We'll never ever know. The only thing we can get from that is... there were 7 periods when Yahweh re-made the Earth.

(check out the biography of the Son of Dawn, he's the good guy who later on became known as Satan. He ruled Earth millions of years before Adam and Eve were created. He ruled cities, and civilizations. His biography is in the Bible also.
)

Each period was equal in time to each other. But we don't know if each period was 24 hours, 200 million years, 100 billion years, 1 month, or whatever.

some species of animals weren't around for thousands of years but only hundreds...

what do hardcore bible believers say about this???

do they admit that these NEW creatures evolved or do they still think that God made them???

1. Please link to the proofs that these "new" species were not alive thousands of years ago? That they came into being less than 7,000 years ago?

2. Ancient people had incredible technology. Egyptians had lights and battaries, and flying machines. It is very possible ancient people did genetic manipulation, creating new species of plants, and animals. (Some even say new types of humans.)

2b. The Bible talks about how spaceships visited Earth. It's very possible other aliens, beings, brought new animals, plants to earth. Or even did more genetic manipulation of animals and plants, making new species.

3. The "theory" of evolution has already been proven false:

evolution-facts.org... lution_1.htm

In my personal opinion, it's all a combination of creation AND adaptation.
My favorite way to debunk hardcore evolution is the "live or die" facts.
Example:

Bats are blind. Bats hunt their food by using sonar. This means the first bat had to have perfect sonar.... or else it would die!
No chance for "gradual evoloving". No chance for "quick mutation" (oh yeah, the first bat accidently mutated a perfect sonar system that was never before tried? Heheh LOL!)

Animals were created to adapt. Furry animals shed during the summer. Animals migrate during the winter. Bears hibernate during the winter.

Animals have also been genetically manipulated as well.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

[edit on 17-3-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSecret2012

In my personal opinion, it's all a combination of creation AND adaptation.
My favorite way to debunk hardcore evolution is the "live or die" facts.
Example:

Bats are blind. Bats hunt their food by using sonar. This means the first bat had to have perfect sonar.... or else it would die!
No chance for "gradual evoloving". No chance for "quick mutation" (oh yeah, the first bat accidently mutated a perfect sonar system that was never before tried? Heheh LOL!)

My favorite is the smallest single cell organism, it has 27 working parts and ALL 27 are needed for life for it can not survive with only 26....

Whoops, evolution = bullpuckey.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So who is to say God didnt make more creations. God made Eve after the Earth and even Adam which was the first human creations ... now having said that simply put , can not tomm. God create a new speciecs.....on second thought how do you explain hamorphydites , again not created at the beginning , but they couldnt have come to pass without God having created them for some reason.

I ask you another question, have you yourself seen every single creations on Earth, No you havent and a safe bet is you never will....does that mean they dont exist?

[edit on 17/3/2005 by drbryankkruta]

[edit on 17/3/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It will never cease to amaze me how those that are hard core bible believers, claim that the bible is the literal word of God until they are shown something that doesn't add up. Then, the response is to simply ignore what they have been shown. Blind faith, truly is Blind isn't it.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
For the record, I believe that God is. But I don't think the bible, as a reference, has anything to do with God.
A person should look at historical, comparative religions before blindly following the precepts in the bible.
Isn't it funny that Christ as recorded in the new testament has less than 2000 words accorded to him. I can whole heartedly agree with what I read that he was supposed to have said.
It's the rest of that book that really throws me into a quandry. From paul all the way back to moses and beyond. Those were some twisted individuals with a very twisted world perspective. I'm sorry. Just my humble opinion

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join