It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces ‘Preparation for Military Struggle’ with Taiwan

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: Jay-morris

You do realize that a phrase that may work one way in Britain, might not work the same way in any other country on the planet.

let just leave it at cultural differences in the same language.

lol ok

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TaiChen

what makes you think that the U.S. doesn't have the ability to reach out and touch those new ships, or shoot down those new missiles already and aren't building and testing new ones now.

there has always been a greater number of Chinese soldiers than U.S. soliders. didn't help them the last time they got their butts whipped did it.

Korean War active combat troop count, U.S. 326,863, China 1,450,000 loses U.S. 36,574, China 183,108 if the CCP is to be believe cause everybody knows China doesn't give real numbers, not counting those MIA. that's almost 5 to one in both cases.

don't go counting on numbers being a end all.

edit on 12-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

originally posted by: face23785
You have no idea of the irony of that statement do you? Do you have any idea how many million Chinese died because their government cares more about their economy than their people?

You need to learn that people not liking the communist Chinese government doesn't mean we hate Chinese people. Once you rid yourself of the ignorance of that false equivalence, you might understand some things. You might wanna read a history book or two as well.

Hahahaha... you're too funny... DUDE (lol... really?... "DUDE"... lol... how old are you?)... lol

The quote above is your original unfounded reply to my innocuous comment... who started attacking who?

lol... and I never called you a racist, I asked about the racist overtones in your comment (which hilariously, you can't even see!!!... lol)... that is your own hang ups... and you keep bringing it up rather than conversing with me... grow up!

You just want to get into a peeing match with everyone, don't ya!... lol

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

what makes you think that the U.S. doesn't have the ability to reach out and touch those new ships, or shoot down those new missiles already and aren't building and testing new ones now.

there has always been a greater number of Chinese soldiers than U.S. soliders. didn't help them the last time they got their butts whipped did it.

Korean War active combat troop count, U.S. 326,863, China 1,450,000 loses U.S. 36,574, China 183,108 if the CCP is to be believe cause everybody knows China doesn't give real numbers, not counting those MIA. that's almost 5 to one in both cases.

don't go counting on numbers being a end all.

AFAIK the US lost 50,000+ in Korea, not 36 thousand. China losses were probably 3 times in Korea. Now China has aircraft carriers, advanced planes, and not to mention Taiwan is in China's backyard, it's going to be a hell of a lot more difficult for the US compared to Korea war.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

lol... and I never called you a racist, I asked about the racist overtones in your comment (which hilariously, you can't even see!!!... lol)...

"Deerrrr lol, I never called you a racist lol!!!11!!!1 I just insinuated you were one lollol!!1!! and I'm a coward and can't own up to it!1!!!!! lol"

Now go ahead and have the last word so your fragile little ego isn't bruised.

Next time try to approach people like an adult and you'll get treated like one.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Again! Stop with the putting words in my mouth. Bow am I defending China?

Simple:

So you have turned this into "your government is more terrible than mine" argument! Well done!

Is that not true in the case of China? Yeah, my government is better than theirs. If you disagree, yeah you are defending them. China's government is almost universally acknowledged as being one of the worst governments in its treatment of its people on this planet. The only people that dispute that are China's lapdogs. "Yeah but the U.S. isn't perfect" is what's a weak argument.

Your constant jerking off about "they're the oldest civilization!!!" is kind of a giveaway too.

Keep it up with the "China's not that bad... but I'm sooo not defending them! That would be the hole I was talking about.
edit on 12 4 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

wrong, the 54,000 counted during that time frame were total deaths of U.S. service men world wide. they counted service men that were not in War theater as serving during the Korean War.

June 5, 2000 - As the 50th anniversary of the start of the Korean War approaches, one key statistic is being reclarified— the one detailing just how many Americans were killed in the war. For years after the war ended in 1953, the Pentagon published a figure of 54,260. That combined the 33,643 "battle deaths" with 20,617 "other deaths." But in 1989 the Pentagon began revising the totals because "other deaths" included U.S. military deaths worldwide during the three years of the war, rather than just those soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines who died in and around the Korean peninsula. In the 1994 version of its annual publication, Service and Casualties in Major Wars and Conflicts, the Pentagon put Korean War battle deaths at 33,652 and "other deaths" meaning deaths in the war zone from illness, accidents and other non-battle causes at 3,262. That yields a total of 36,914.
How Many Americans Died In Korea?

as far as the knock offs of other countries equipment, hand held weapons,vehicles, aircraft and ships, it remains to be seen how far advanced they are. if the quality of other goods and their propaganda using fake footage is any indication of that, there's gonna be a lot of chinese funerals if it does come to a fight.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Having an aircraft carrier and advanced aircraft doesn't suddenly give you the knowledge of how to get the best out of them. The US has been developing and adapting carrier tactics for decades. China will need at least 10-15 years to develop their own doctrine and experience with their carriers.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Is that not true in the case of China?

I would have to be a fool not to know that China has done some truely terrible things. But I have not once disputed that, even though you seem to like putting those words in my mouth.

Yeah, my government is better than theirs. If you disagree, yeah you are defending them.

How am I defending them!? You keep on saying this!

China's government is almost universally acknowledged as being one of the worst governments in its treatment of its people on this planet.

And when have I disputed that? There human rights record is terrible, but again, I have never disputed that.

The only people that dispute that are China's lapdogs.

You have spent most of the time putting words in my mouth. Every who reads this case see that. It does not make you look good!

"Yeah but the U.S. isn't perfect" is what's a weak argument.

Really? In the last three decades alone, how many deaths has America, and not just America, but my own country have been responsible for? How many invasions has caused thousands of innocent men, women and children deaths? But it's ok, because it's not as bad as China! You have completly missed my point here, and if you are a patriot, then you will always miss my point!

The only people that dispute that are China's lapdogs.

lol suprises you have not called me a communist! lol

Your constant jerking off about "they're the oldest civilization!!!" is kind of a giveaway too.

lol posts get worse and worse! They are the oldest living civillization in the world. Are you disputing that?

I brought it up because why would the oldest civilization in the world invade Taiwan when that would pretty much mean a conflict with America that would most prob lead to ww3? It makes no sense for them to do that! It eould be suicidal!That is my point!

Keep it up with the "China's not that bad

There you go again! Putting words in my mouth!

but I'm sooo not defending them! That would be the hole I was talking about.

I am not asking you to defend them! I am pointing out that your own government have done terrible things too. Difference is, China is more to do with inside their own country, while America and the UK have done their terrible things in other countries!

If that was China that invaded Iraq or Libya, or having a hand in the terrible things happen in Yemen, you would be on here calling them evil. But, as it's your own country, you kind of do not see it that way!

Do you see what I am trying to say here?

I do not condone any government responsible for doing terrible things. Be it China, America, UK, whatever!

I am just not brainwashed or conditioned to see it the way you see it! Simple as that really!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Try re-reading my posts without your defenses up, maybe then you'll understand them. Your replies aren't even making sense to what I said.

But I know, it can't possibly be you. You're so smart, it has to be the other guy.
edit on 12 4 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You insulted me unprovoked to begin with, you ignorant person... are you alright? Do you have a cognitive disorder? Do you not see that you insulted me without me even addressing you to begin with?... because it is plain as day to anyone reading this thread that you are the hostile, childish one.

You are obviously spoiling for a fight, and quite clearly don't want to have an intelligent conversation... so, as I said in my first post you're "probably not worth conversing with"... even though I am trying... and you have completely proved yourself to be not worth the time of day, as you refuse to pull your head out of your own self-importance... additionally, you are showing yourself to be incapable of holding a conversation without dropping insults.

Get over yourself and address any of the points in any of my posts, otherwise I am done with you.

ETA: TL;DR:
I really don't care whether you are racist or not... stop being offended.
edit on 12-4-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Taiwan needs to develop its own nuclear weapons ASAP. If they can build up an arsenal of 100-200 nukes and cruise missiles or ballistic missiles to deliver them, China wouldn’t dare attack them.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
China’s about to get rolled and they know it. The days of their totalitarian state are numbered. Cover-19 won’t save them, it only delayed the inevitable revolution on their hands, in their mainland and Hong Kong. The world is waking up to their evil and this virus will be the straw that broke the camel’s back. They’re desperate !!

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Taiwan needs to develop its own nuclear weapons ASAP. If they can build up an arsenal of 100-200 nukes and cruise missiles or ballistic missiles to deliver them, China wouldn’t dare attack them.

By the time it would take them to get those weapons China will have had gone in and taken over.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Umm actually...the current government/civilization didnt exist in old CHina. its not the same place it once was.
And AGE does not dictate WISDOM.

China are known to be the oldest living civilization in tbe world. It's not a fact I made up in my own head, as it's wildly accepted.

Age does not dictate wisdom? So that means they would be suicidal and invade Taiwan? You really think they are that stupid?

Oh like global warming right? We cant believe Everything scientist say.
And yes I do think they are that ARROGANT.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Umm actually...the current government/civilization didnt exist in old CHina. its not the same place it once was.

China are known to be the oldest living civilization in tbe world. It's not a fact I made up in my own head, as it's wildly accepted.

Age does not dictate wisdom? So that means they would be suicidal and invade Taiwan? You really think they are that stupid?

Yes actually scientists actually have some idea about what they talk about, unlike youtube, fox news infowars and other Infotainment people get their worldview from.....
edit on 13-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Try re-reading my posts without your defenses up, maybe then you'll understand them. Your replies aren't even making sense to what I said.

But I know, it can't possibly be you. You're so smart, it has to be the other guy.

I am not saying I am smarter than anyone in here! You have been putting words in my mouth the while time to make me look ladt a nasty little communist! And it's pretty much back fired on you!

If someone starts to lie about me on here, then of course I am going to retaliate.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Yeah, that's it! Let's make more nuclear weapons, all because of a conflict that is not going to happen! People should be screaming to get rid of nuclear weapons, and not to make more!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cydonia2012
China’s about to get rolled and they know it. The days of their totalitarian state are numbered. Cover-19 won’t save them, it only delayed the inevitable revolution on their hands, in their mainland and Hong Kong. The world is waking up to their evil and this virus will be the straw that broke the camel’s back. They’re desperate !!

youtu.be...

Yet, people like you are oblivious, or ignore the horrors we in the West have done. Why is that? Why do people look at other countries and the terrible things they do, yet ignores the terrible things their country has done, as if it ok.

This is the reason we will always have conflicts, invasions and wars, because most of the population are brainwashed and conditioned to be patriotic for their country, which means their country can pretty much get away with the things they do.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

What do scientists have to do with it? We are talking about history, not science! And China is the oldest living civillization in the world!

As for being arragont! Are you saying the world's biggest superpower is not ARROGANT? lol Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join