It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is any of the Coronavirus news true?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
Is it even POSSIBLE that something in the "news" is true?

I honestly think that "The Onion" may just be a more reliable source at this point than CNN...

I think Trump should point this out the next time he is asked a rediculous question by CNN or any of the other TDS shill channels.
That would be a riot.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
hmmmm. smells like the latest school shooting, with drills beforehand.

What are we to really do with all that info.

What occurs to me right away, and I realized this years ago, is with enough 24 hr. news channels that need stories to propel and sustain them, if you aren't there, how do you really know? Then at the same time, doubting necessarily means insulting folks who've really lost people they love. That's a real quandary.

Deep fake videos and stuff. Meaning, it's increasingly a problem to detect what is real and what is not, and if you aren't actually there, seeing it with your own eyes (empiric evidence) then what to make of it. And yet, deep fake stuff challenges the whole empiric evidence as the holy grail of any evidence. You can no longer trust your eyes.

The more we are locked down, separated by social distancing and lockdowns, the more we can be screwed with in terms of what is true. And then the more we write and doubt about it, the more we are divided and concquered, as those docs and nurses dealing with the real thing, are going to hate the people raising just these concerns, and doubting.

I don't know what to make of it.

What I do know, is that if someone scaled this just that way, for just this reaction, just like if someone tampered with a common coronavirus, common cold virus, to make it an "air aids," it's all equally friggn horrible in terms of what it's come to now, either way.

regards and stay safe,
tetra

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I honestly think that "The Onion" may just be a more reliable source at this point than CNN...

It. Actually. Is.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

It does have a basis in fact.
Just folks over-hyping it...
You know , as a kid stretches the truth.

Folks love to promote fear in others.
Gives em a feeling of power over others.

edit on 4/1/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

It does have a basis in fact.
Just folks over-hyping it...
You know , as a kid stretches the truth.

Folks love to promote fear in others.
Gives em a feeling of power over others.

Indeed it does, and brings up a few questions. Have you seen this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So in the video in the OP, that woman claims that the video CBS showed as if it was a hospital in NYC was actually a hospital in Italy, being shown from a report on Sky News several days earlier.

I wanted to check that out and see if I could find the original footage. Took me about 5 minutes on Youtube. She's correct. The reused footage starts at about the 2:25 mark:

edit on 1 4 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The narrator of that video is just horrendous. Listen to the 0:48 mark where he says, "This killer pandemic is virtually out of control..the patients are literally gasping for air." The footage shows a man with on O2 mask breathing slightly heavily but not "gasping" for air.

Everything the narrator says is juiced-up and sensationalized. Unadulterated garbage.

He is making things seem drastically worse than they are, and they reused that footage for NY?

Shame on them.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok

The narrator of that video is just horrendous. Listen to the 0:48 mark where he says, "This killer pandemic is virtually out of control..the patients are literally gasping for air." The footage shows a man with on O2 mask breathing slightly heavily but not "gasping" for air.

Everything the narrator says is juiced-up and sensationalized. Unadulterated garbage.

He is making things seem drastically worse than they are, and they reused that footage for NY?

Shame on them.

I had the same thought while I was watching the Sky footage. They were dramatizing the hell out of it. I've needed oxygen before and I think I was breathing harder than that older gentleman was.

Now I'm not saying the virus is fake or that it's not serious, but seriously wtf? If NYC is as bad as they claim, why the need to use footage from Italy? CBS can't afford to send a news crew to the hospital and film the ER or the ICU?

It's # like this that makes people not trust the media. And then they whine that it's Trump's fault nobody trusts them.

Speaking of Trump, can you imagine the #ing backlash if Trump tweeted a video of an empty ICU saying "Look, New York is fine!" and the footage was actually from a country that hasn't been hit yet?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

This is interesting as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Why do you keep linking to the first page of this thread?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yeah, olaru12 is acting a bit strange...maybe its a bot?

I need to find footage of the idea that hospitals are now calling for death certificates to be labelled as Covid for the primary cause of death and any other cause is secondary. No matter what the patient dies of, heart disease, cancer, lung failure, natural causes, the primary cause must be this virus. Then they can list the secondary cause as what the deemed it as.

That's a huge freaking deal if true, but would need more evidence.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

People aren't understanding the timetable for this threat.

We have an escalation that we are seeing slowly climb up. Then we have a peak and a dropoff of cases that need hospitalization. The capacity of a hospital is overwhelmed when too many people show up in a short period of time.

Another point to consider is that hospitals have stopped all nonessential treatment beyond time sensitive or critical care. That means that 90% of any hospitals traffic has been reduced.

You need to look to hospitals that were ALREADY stressed before covid as those show the signs and horror people expect and are disappointed is lacking at the moment.

The hospitals in NYC that made the news for short clips with crowded wards are real. They were already high risk hospitals that have been under the state microscope for a while. The difference between those failing hospitals and others isnt much. Problems arose at other NYC hospitals as well and so far those systemic issues are persisting as the rate of new cases increases. Thats why our governor wants to make a unified healthcare system here.

The final verdict is that we are waiting for the peak infection and hospital saturation. Thats when people should be out checking to see if its BS, if they need to do that at that point anyways. It would be obvious. So wait 2-3 more weeks for NYC to pop so you guys can see the movie quality scenes of hospital chaos

edit on 1-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: olaru12

Why do you keep linking to the first page of this thread?

Watch the video...

edit on 1-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thank all of you for questioning this huge hoax.

The real goal here is to justify martial law and begin a Holocaust.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You all realize that you are the perfect example of propoganda having it's effect, right?

Maybe they aren't taking pictures in NY hospitals because they logically don't want to be infected/aren't allowed? Again. It's not rocket science. But y'all deny science as a whole I suppose so wth?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What if the plan to round up the pedophiles and criminal elites is really going down and the hospitals are prepared for what ever the Deep State can or will throw at us?

Also, they are prepared should civil unrest break out across the country/world.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Wow. It's pretty sad to see older esteemed members of ATS finally taken the plunge into conspiracist extremism as intended. You all are not woke. People such as that are #ing monkeys at this point.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

I understand the timetable as I am working in the environment.

I guess we will see what takes place as time progresses but even you can't deny the sensationalism and literal use of copied footage for their "reports" from a NY hospital.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well hell. Why did I spend half the day changing in and out of n95, face mask, gowns, gloves, etc?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Well hell. Why did I spend half the day changing in and out of n95, face mask, gowns, gloves, etc?

Because you are, as most of us are, following protocol and directives issued by the upper management. Unless you are voluntarily using PPE. According to everyone, including the media, this threat is very real. Better to be safe than unprepared.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join