It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is any of the Coronavirus news true?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
You can say the response to covid-19 is an overreaction....bit then you'd be arguing with the experts at all of the biggest and most respected medical institutions around the world.

The same experts that tell me that 90mg of Vitamin C a day is all I need, when all animals in nature that make their own make the body weight equivalent of 5,000-15,000mg per day, and when sick make 2-5 times that much?

The same 'experts' that say that taking high doses of Vitamin C when sick is not only useless, but dangerous, when it is scientifically proven that it is not only not dangerous (worst case scenario is diarrhea), but extremely beneficial - and can resolve the illness - even serious illness - within hours (if large enough amounts are taken), or a day or two?

The same experts that told me for years that eggs, all saturated fats and dietary cholesterol are bad for you (note: they aren't), but margarine (one of the worst toxic chemicals you could ingest) is good for me?

The same experts that told me that high fructose corn syrup is safe, when it is probably the single biggest contributing factor in the sky rocketing rates of obesity, heart disease and other chronic diseases?

Those experts?

Who are we to believe hmmmmm. I think I'll go with the experts.

We? Speak for yourself. I'll believe my own sane rational mind, and the actual scientific evidence that is right there for you and anyone to see.

Oh - I mentioned that coming for my guns was the line I'd drawn - there is another line...

Fauci/Big Pharma and their desire to force mandatory vaccines on everyone at gunpoint can go # themselves, they'll have to kill me.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Phage
We have no idea how much mitigation changed the curve.

Heh, exactly... a question comes to mind...

Phage is probably the biggest one on here who always asks for proof - usually in the form of 'controlled studies'.

Yet he makes this claim, with zero proof, knowing full well (I'm sure) there is no way to prove it one way or the other.

I'll say it again... if this thing has really been in the wild since November - or likely much earlier - then that totally squashes his argument like the bug that it is.

Were the lines of people crammed into grocery stores flattening the curve? Were the minimum wage workers that continued to make food and serve customers who were hiding there illness because they couldn’t afford to lose a paycheck flattening the curve.

Much more likely to have made the numbers worse.

I have first hand knowledge of both of these things.

Can you elaborate?

So if we are only allowed to present facts, please present me with the factual data on how many lives were saved from mitigation?

Don't forget to include the numbers of deaths that resulted from the mitigation efforts themselves...

Suicides/heart attacks from job/livelihood loss or just the stress/fear from the hyper-hysteria?

What about deaths caused by the shutdown of hospitals for anything not COVID related?

But without a cure, proven treatment or a vaccine it is likely that if we return to normalcy the people who avoided it this round will get in subsequent months.

Hopefully a lot of people learned about nutritional ways to boost the immune system and treat serious illness naturally with (high dose) C, D3, Magnesium, Zinc and Selenium (there are uncounted others of course, but these are crucial).

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Chris Cuomo doesnt have Covid so that coverage by CNN isnt true. All for ratings....

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I actually work in the food industry and I don’t have a living situation where I can keep much food where I stay.

Not only have I worked with people afraid to cough or sneeze, literally holding it in to make sure they don’t seem sick, I’ve seen it when I am out.

I have been going to Walmart or other grocery stores 3 or more times a week in March. Most stores and food establishments in my area didn’t start doing anything that could be equated to Social Distancing restrictions until late March early April. With the exeption of making all food orders to go in mid March.

I can’t speak for other states or countries but I have seen similar comments from people who live elsewhere.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

You can read the reply directly above this.

2 million people is less than .5% of the worlds population and your statement was "You do realize some experts said we are all going to die."

That is neither hyperbole or anything else, it's just wrong.

I did read the rest of your post and you have your mind set, so nothing anyone says is going to change it. More power to you and make sure you pull that tin foil down a bit tighter.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Hyperbole- exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

I’m certain I’m using that word correctly.

And I am not wearing any tin foil. I’m not afraid of the boogeyman. I have been watching the numbers and the facts from the beginning and simply formed my own opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

You can read the reply directly above this.

2 million people is less than .5% of the worlds population and your statement was "You do realize some experts said we are all going to die."

That is neither hyperbole or anything else, it's just wrong.

I did read the rest of your post and you have your mind set, so nothing anyone says is going to change it. More power to you and make sure you pull that tin foil down a bit tighter.

Right, that's why I'm not bothering to respond to him anymore.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

But without a cure, proven treatment or a vaccine it is likely that if we return to normalcy the people who avoided it this round will get in subsequent months. Unless we are lucky that it doesn’t survive well in summer and we have a vaccine, proven cure or treatment by next season.

So it is really impossible to know how much mitigation helps in both the short term or long term.

I think mitigation only helps the short term.

But that's the idea. They don't want all the cases to happen in the same 2 months. If it spreads out over 10 or more months then they can give the new infected the hospital beds after the previous wave is done with them.

Realistically, everyone on Earth will eventually get it. Sooner or later.

Just hopefully not all at once.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join