It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are hospitals really overrun with Covid 19 patients

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah that’s me .

Kbye

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I snapped at you my bad .

It just irritates me when someone makes a big post and a Irrelevant off point sentence is taken out for a reply .

In a perceived gotcha moment.

Of course I’m not ready to put my boots on grab a weapon and run outside.

But who said they would win a election .

edit on 31-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

We're probably all a bit snappy at the moment, under the current circumstances it's understandable.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The problem IMO is MSN or the legacy news outlets are faking and just plain lying about so much who and what are you going to believe ?

CBS News uses footage from an overrun Italian Hospital claiming it was from New York City

trendingpolitics.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Absolutely not, they are not. With the exception of a few in NY/NJ the rest of the country is business as usual.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
True.
It's just starting.

Feb 3rd there were three cases in the U.S..

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Fifty seven days later...eight weeks
Look where we are.

Now move ahead another eight weeks.

No one is seeing the sun this summer.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well here in the UK people have been bailing out of the hospitals as soon as there were confirmed cases. Most people have decided to avoid the hospitals unless they absolutely have to go simply because they are afraid of catching the virus there. Also all non urgent surgery and appointments have been cancelled which has created a calm before the storm scenario.
Also please stop posting that silly video of the supposedly empty hospital in Germany, the so called "journalist" who posted this video has been deemed very untrustworthy.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well I don’t know about other hospitals in the country but I do know that most of If not all of the hospitals near me are near or at capacity. I don’t have videos or anything like that. I have many friends and family on the front lines and all of them are shell shocked. Additionally my spouse is in a line of work where she deals a lot with healthcare policy and is somewhat in the know. In my state, hospitals are so full that they are starting to send patients across the state to other hospitals. There’s no conspiracy in my area regarding empty hospitals, I’m telling you they are definitely full, and healthcare workers very close to me are terrified.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Absolutely not, they are not. With the exception of a few in NY/NJ the rest of the country is business as usual.

That is completely false.
edit on 31-3-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Chiming in to just give my two cents.

What an absolute freak show this thread is.

CRISIS ACTORS? You're kidding, right?

Man, and here I thought all the tinfoil hat wearers had gone. You all oughta be ashamed at believing such drivel.

Know why some car parks at hospitals are empty? Because large areas inside hospitals are shut down. Why are some hospitals not overwhelmed? Because there are DIFFERENT TYPES OF HOSPITALS. A level III Trauma Center and a burn ward specialty trauma center are going to have different toys to play with, and accept different types of patients.

When a pt presents with X, and the hospital can only deal with Y, they stabilize the best they can, and transfer the pt to a facility with adequate care.

I'm getting fed up at this point seeing you lot who know nothing at all about healthcare talk about this stuff like you have ANY idea about what's going on.

ETA: Know how many ventilators the hospital in the university town near where I grew up had? The only hospital within 45 minutes to an hour of the next place?

One.

(A ventilator is what you need to be put on if you're RSI'd (rapid sequence intubation))

Know how many medical services have the ability to RSI in my entire region within my state?

Six.

But you all knew that already, because the crisis actors told you while they were off duty at the bars that are only closed because of the illuminati or whatever it is you believe.
edit on 31-3-2020 by Iconic because: Pffff.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I like this new you. No offense intended.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

It's bizarre at this point to still think this is fake.
edit on 31-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I like this new you. No offense intended.

That's kind of you to say, is that an SG in your avatar ?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

No, though I do wish I was playing a nice SG about now (it's a Yamaha Strat).

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

id like a les Paul but I have an Ibanez .

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Every day I'm reading first hand accounts from inside hospitals in NYC. Many hospitals went from a handful of covid patients to 2/3 or 3/4 covid patients in a matter of 2 or 3 days. Healthcare workers are gettting sick, and hospitals are running short of virtually everything they need to fight this virus. I can't tell you how many times I've seen doctors bemoan the futility of trying to treat the most seriously ill. About 50% of icu patients are dying. About 75% of patients put on ventilators are dying. Nearly 100% of patients that arrest are not able to be resuscitated. Many patients are arriving at the ER and within hours suffering total respiratory failure.

For certain people, this virus is super freaking dangerous. And by the way, a "mild" case simply means that you don't need to be hospitalized in order to live. But you may still experience severe, and alarming shortness of breath, and doctors are already sending people home with "mild" pneumonia and O2, and simply hoping for the best. Hoping that they don't crash before they get back to the ER in case things go south.

On top of all this, people are stealing vital protective equpment from hospitals! Honestly, that crime, under these circumstances, warrants the death penalty.

There is no possibilty that this is a hoax.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

id like a les Paul but I have an Ibanez .

If you can find an older LP, new ones are suspect since the new ownership. I have a nice Ibanez, they are nice playing guitars.

As for the OP, some are packed(where I am), I'm sure the majority overall are ok, but there are hotspots.

I can totally understand why someone who lives where there is little issue, is not believing this. But it's real. It would be worse if it was just allowed to plow through everyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman

There is no possibilty that this is a hoax.

I disagree....yes people are dieing but from what reason...i think there is another reason than what they want us to believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

My Ibanez is great, it's got a really nice action. One of the best guitars i owned was a LP copy, it is was a sweet guitar ,pissed off with myself for selling it, but that was before I had any real idea about guitars.

On topic, I dunno man I'm not sure how anyone can hang on to the belief this isn't real because they can't see it, then again perhaps my view is clouded, theres very little happening where I am but I have family all over the world and speaking to them helps me gauge my worldview.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join