It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are hospitals really overrun with Covid 19 patients

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
ok - the premise of this thread SEEMS to be :

because empty hospital carpark - N19COVID = giant HOAX

oh FFS - people - get a grip and look at your own claims rationaslly

OK The premise of your reply seems to be the same as the last few replies I have received from you . Hasty generalization’s leading to what is known as the reductio ad absurdum fallacy . Resulting in a strawman argument .

It doesn’t appear that any are closed

That statement doesn’t make any claims that everything is a big “hoax”. It merely seeks clarification .

Any research that proves these videos aren’t accurate is welcomed .

Nope neither does that statement . This one appears to be a open invitation to debunk the claims.

You......

oh FFS - people - get a grip and look at your own claims rationaslly

What claims did I make ?
Here’s the first sentence in my 0P. Did you make it that far ?

I saw a video claimingCeader Sinai hospital LA was nearly empty.

Nope the OP is an open invitation for discussion .

Through evocation you took a question and turned it into an opinion. Then took that opinion and turned it to its extreme .

this is the first time I’ve seen any information like this. Which definitely makes it a subject for discussion

Here’s some of the questions that should be discussed in this thread .

Why are there fewer people at the hospital then the media claims .

Are the hospitals going to fill up to a bursting capacity later ?

Are the projections over or under estimated .

There is one question I’d like to know the answer to . It’s one I have asked you during our last couple exchanges .

Why are you so angry ?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777That's a lot of cofiins. I'm surprised that there were that many in stock, to be honest.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Something is going on.

Like many I've watched since January. Something isn't right.
Yes exponential growth takes time...but it still isn't sitting right with me.

All the info says lasts a long time on surfaces and in the air, easily transmissible, hard to kill yet still such low numbers?

I just can't put my finger on it.

My husband was slow to believe has quickly formed this opinion...

That it's been around since Oct/Nov fits with his view of "highly contagious." That the mystery flu bug that was going around is a strain Coronavirus. And most of us already had that "mystery flu."

But he thinks there is a 2nd type of slower virus or nerve agent around. The fact it presents so different to so many people he said it's almost like a "bad trip" and their bodies can't handle it so it manifests in different ways.

That's what he believes the secret is. That we've all mostly already had Corona and are being kept from getting something more deadly China has unleashed.

I'm not so sure... Something definitely hasn't sat right with me
from the start about this. It's why I paid so much attention. Now I'm wondering if I was right about something off but instead of it being an ELE type thing... if it's a ploy and I got my signals crossed.
edit on 30-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
and
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We definitely don't need this kind of garbage. All this does is to further erode what little trust any media outlet has at this point.

At present, there are 70 confirmed cases in my county, of which 5 are listed as, "recovered," 28 are listed as, "community spread," 15 are listed as, "domestic travel," several listed as contact with positive COVID-19 case; 12 of which are within the same county.

Keep in mind that these are people who would have contracted the virus as much as a month ago, with the more recent ones having been infected perhaps as few as two weeks ago.

Age ranges are as follows: one female less than 10, three 10-20, nine 20s, thirteen 30s, sixteen 40s, fourteen 50s, nine 60s, and five 70s.

The status of whether or not they are hospitalized or are home quarantined is not noted on the county health district page from which the above numbers have been gleaned.

I don't expect hospitals to be overrun in my county anytime soon considering the steps taken to suppress the spread; should those measures be lifted or relaxed substantively, that could certainly change with a quickness.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The reason the hospitals are mostly empty is because ALL ELECTIVE PROCEDURES under the recommendation surgeon general are NOT BEING PERFORMED. Why? Because doctors are expecting a surge in cases of covid19 and they want to make sure the beds are empty if and when that happens.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm glad ATS is here to host threads like this.

I personally do not agree that CV is a hoax; but oppositional research is the best way to learn stuff.

I wish I could post details, but cannot without compromising spouse's job.

Last week was spring break for schools in my area, and most of them had closed the week before. The local hospitals. spent those 2 weeks getting ready by converting one or two UPPER FLOORS to negative pressure units (so air gets sucked INTO the room and filtered, instead of blown all over the hospital). Then they got a vent for each one of those beds. They added 2 units of 24 beds each, with dedicated PPE stations at each unit, so the nurses there don't walk the CoViD all over the hospital.

The hospital I am familiar with had like (rounding numbers to preserve spousal anonymity) 4 dozen beds set up. They are like 60% full now.

They built all this in 2 weeks, so that patients who are CoViD could be shunted AWAY FROM the ER, so all the weekend drunks and 'frequent flyers' don't pick up the virus while having their stomach pumped or motorcycle injuries stitched up.

The hospital has gone to 1 visitor per patient per stay. Partly to ally rumors like this thread, and also keep people from tracking the virus to all different floors of the hospital and then tracking it all through the city. Good luck with that.

EDIT TO ADD:

I am familiar with plans for another hospital across the metropolis, to take over the hotel across the street which used to be where patient families would stay. They planned to put individual exhaust filters on individual hotel rooms, and move all their CoViD patients over there.

Also, my state publishes daily hospital and deaths due to CoViD numbers. Spouse can pick out her data from the aggregates for the state, and says they match up with the number of daily deaths she sees at that one institution.

edit on 30-3-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
5067230]mysterioustranger

Whats wrong w you?

Nothing what’s wrong with having questions ?

Advanced Disaster Life Support
EMT

Yes I’ve seen you mention that repeatedly in every reply today .

*Call 911 for emergency, tell us it's just you...and we won't come. Deal?

That makes me seriously doubt your last reply .

Threatening to leave someone to die for asking questions. Doesn’t sound like something a trained professional would say .
edit on 30-3-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: carewemust
Here's a Twitter thread where people are posting video clips of their local hospitals...inside and outside.

twitter.com...

The vast majority of them look like business as usual to me.

I didn't see any video of the inside of hospitals that are said to be full.
And most of the posters on that page agree with secretknowledge.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312Something isn't right.

the whole caper stinks.
edit on 30 3 2020 by RoScoLaz5 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Where are you at in the commonwealth ?

I have absolutely no reason to doubt what you said about Salem Oregon .

The third video in the op is from Providence medical center in Portland .

When you get a chance would you mind asking her about it ?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

The problem is that some places will likely see that wave, but I don't think the whole nation will.

Without widespread testing though, I don't see that they have any good way to judge.

For example, I think right now, it does make good sense to start cordoning off NYC and the New Jersey area from the rest of us as much as possible and to treat it the way we're basically treating everywhere.

Those are good ideas but you would never get enough humans to follow them. Even with force.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Online school might be a positive that comes out of this?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

originally posted by: carewemust
Here's a Twitter thread where people are posting video clips of their local hospitals...inside and outside.

twitter.com...

The vast majority of them look like business as usual to me.

I didn't see any video of the inside of hospitals that are said to be full.
And most of the posters on that page agree with secretknowledge.

Most hospitals in the "hot zones" are not busier than usual. The few that are, don't support the MSM-narratives. The nurses in New York City went on strike last year due to labor shortages.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

With the lack of organized comprehensive testing, such as the alternative of sending people home or not based on blood oxygen levels and thus not testing those with good levels, as many healthcare workers on here have pointed out is going on, the official numbers are fit to be wary of as it is.

Agreed.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

It's so funny that the BUG OUT SHTF NWO crowd suddenly doesn't seem to grasp the idea of pre planing.
Where does the disconnect happen?

In some election booth? Or is it just regional?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The original official percentages of people who would need ICU were based on a much higher transmission rate than the flu. The flu is about 1.4 and COVID-19 is looking to be 2.2. That is actually a huge change. As example 1.4 means that in 10 passes only 14 people would be infected, but if we said 3.0 then in ten passes 59,000 would be infected, so one can see how 2.2 can be really bad IF we did nothing.

In England the initial ICU numbers based on the 2.2 transmission rate showed they would need over 200k beds and they do not have that. In reality they need about 20k and that is very doable for them, so the social distancing, isolation etc is working. If we look at New York and other places we will most likely see the same results as England. The problem with NY is they waited too long, not the Goverment, but the people were not taking it serious and were just going on with their daily gatherings until the SHTF.

WA is already on the down side and was the first place to get hit hard, but people here are serious about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Sort of like how "Awakened Mind" Conspiracy types used the footage of the woman in China vomiting a black substance was evidence of the impact of CV.... only to find out the video was years old...

One of the big issues in Italy is they have a very large old population group and it is normal for older people there to live with their kids, so there was no isolation of a high risk group for a good while and still the high risk group is in the same house as those that can be asymptomatic.
edit on 30-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Where are you at in the commonwealth ?

I have absolutely no reason to doubt what you said about Salem Oregon .

The third video in the op is from Providence medical center in Portland .

When you get a chance would you mind asking her about it ?

We're in Louisville, and I will ask what she has heard though it may be a few days before I can catch her.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sorry not gonna fly.
American made coffins are not shaped like that.
They are rectangular.
Those are not Americans in those boxes.

No one said they were American and the article says Italy, so I'm not sure your point?

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Coffins are rare in the USA. We use caskets. straight sides.

Conversely S. Korea didn't go on lockdown. I think Germany and lot of Scandinavians didn't either. But then, they have very orderly societies where the people obey the government.

Americans are 'ginners. You have to tell them what you are in favor of so they will know how they most easily piss you off.

Like how drivers in the US think the "speed limit" sign represents a minimum bid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join