It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State's are lying about Coronavirus but they have no choice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: face23785
That newsweek article about the military plans is fearmongering nonsense. Oh the Defense Secretary sent an order telling the military to be prepared. Spooky!

Thank you. I was going to reply to that earlier but I couldn't keep my response within the rules.

Maintaining proper forum manners the last few weeks on this virus # has been quite challenging. I've been close to a time out from the mods on numerous occasions. I can't imagine what it must've been like here during 9/11. I'd have been banned for life.
edit on 21 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

From an unemotional purely numbers perspective no. 1 million out of 400miliion is not imo astronomical.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

Two people were confirmed in my county. We got a little red dot on all the virus maps.
Then those two people died. The dot on all the maps went away. No one here getting tested.
that was two weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No one here getting tested.

So, no one with symptoms?
That would seem to be encouraging.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No one here getting tested.

So, no one with symptoms?
That would seem to be encouraging.

The great barrier is that (at least in my state) you have to be able to prove previous contact with a positive case before being qualified for the test...

Symptoms don't matter here at least...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

That's stupid. No one travels to and from your state?

The lack of testing supplies is highly problematic, to say the least.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: neoholographic
They refuse to test for covid-19 unless you also have shortness of breath / trouble breathing with the fever & cough

I have a friend with all of those symptoms, and they still refuse to test her. She can't catch her breath just sitting still doing nothing. She can't work, and she can't get paid time off without a positive test. She's also in Springfield, MO where there are confirmed cases.

Another friend of mine just got his results back today, and he's negative. They tested him because his construction crew was working near a confirmed case, and he got sick. I have one more friend in quarantine (he's military) awaiting results.

Refuse to test her? I guarantee you she will get tested if she pretended come from China recently.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: infolurker

There is no widely available Hospital treatment as of yet, unless you are wealthy or influential.

Bull

hydroxychloroquine & azithromycin combo.

Of course they won't give it to you until you are at death's door which is crazy.

Also, they keep putting out conflicting information about this treatment. First, it's a "game changer" then Dr. Fauci throws a bucket of cold water on us all.

I cannot stand the conflicting information we are being given.

What did Fauci have to say about it? Sorry, I didn't see or hear it anywhere yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

There is no widely available Hospital treatment as of yet, unless you are wealthy or influential.

Bull

Of course they won't give it to you until you are at death's door which is crazy.

Also, they keep putting out conflicting information about this treatment. First, it's a "game changer" then Dr. Fauci throws a bucket of cold water on us all.

What did Fauci have to say about it? Sorry, I didn't see or hear it anywhere yet.

I think Fauci's main concern is that they haven't done any major clinical studies on whether it's effective and safe for Covid19 treatment. Of course, that takes a long time to do. Meanwhile, there's been more short-term observations from what I hear, that it's being used in Asia with good results. Just because that isn't being done in a controlled, clinical environment doesn't mean we should discount the results. It sounds promising, even if you can't scientifically say "This works, we have studies to back it up."

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: drussell41

Bull

I think Fauci's main concern is that they haven't done any major clinical studies on whether it's effective and safe for Covid19 treatment. Of course, that takes a long time to do. Meanwhile, there's been more short-term observations from what I hear, that it's being used in Asia with good results. Just because that isn't being done in a controlled, clinical environment doesn't mean we should discount the results. It sounds promising, even if you can't scientifically say "This works, we have studies to back it up."

what is better than real time clinical trials? Seriously, Fauci is pissing me off

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

what is better than real time clinical trials?

Clinical trials are controlled experiments. Not, "let's see if this does anything."

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

That's stupid. No one travels to and from your state?

The lack of testing supplies is highly problematic, to say the least.

He is correct.

We have a few employees with symptoms that have tested negative for flu. They refuse to test unless you are getting admitted to the hospital with trouble breathing.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

what is better than real time clinical trials?

Clinical trials are controlled experiments. Not, "let's see if this does anything."

Really, what better way to learn if the thing works than using the thing on the thing we are trying to cure? Crist almight, how ridiculous can you be?

Obviously, if people are critically ill and at risk of death, then this treatment should be given for lack of any other option.

And hell yah, the results are better than any "clinical trial".

Some people are so hung up on "protocol" or "the rules" that they needlessly cause everyone more pain than necessary.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Really, what better way to learn if the thing works than using the thing on the thing we are trying to cure?
Without controls there is no way to know if what the thing you did is what had an effect. Maybe it did, maybe it was something else. Maybe the treatment had nothing to do with it. Are there situations where it is not called for, where it may cause problems?

Obviously, if people are critically ill and at risk of death, then this treatment should be given for lack of any other option.
Indeed. And apparently, that is going to be done. That's fine. But what do you do? Try a dose? If that doesn't work, increase it? Keep increasing the dose because maybe it works, even if it doesn't? That's the sort of thing that clinical trials tell you.

edit on 3/22/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

a reply to: neoholographic

I have 4 employees at work who are all showing symptoms and have negative flu tests. They refuse to test for covid-19 unless you also have shortness of breath / trouble breathing with the fever & cough or you have been around a "confirmed case". Of course you have no idea if you have been in contact with a confirmed case if they refuse to test until you have the phenomena which usually takes a couple weeks to develop after you are symptomatic. It is ridiculous.

And yes, all of them are Work From Home for the foreseeable future.

You just described my wife who tried to get tested. Only difference is she had shortness of breath but the fever “wasn’t high enough” - amongst other reasons for not testing.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Aww, undo anxiety? At least you still have employment many of us were told there’s no work now and laid off. a reply to: toolgal462

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I would disagree with the OP and present another practical reason.

since so many parties have used this corvid19 to further their agendas (just look at the aid bill alone) and/have so much effort in the panic if you reported the true numbers (or tested more) it would destroy their narrative.

look at first we were hearing mortality rates of 10 percent or greater with the cry "EVERYONE IN DANGER"

well as just these few months gone by that figure has dropped in main stream press to 2 or three percent.

with reports it harms more the elderly and medically compromised .

but the ACTUAL NUMBERS and peoples specific issues are even more lowering the figures to at minimum equal to the common influenza family of flu and sometime even less.

take the much vaulted Italy situation.
you do know that they have a higher proportion of elderly (who most have underlying medical conditions) per population than other countries... so YES they would have more deaths.

or more importantly the USA...

here are some hard facts that are uncomfortable...

standard flu this flu season (and not finished btw) has over 11 THOUSAND DEATHS...

last year it was 61 thousand deaths.
with constant high numbers...

where the corvid19 virus in the US (as of 4:42 am CST) is

46,148 infected
582 deaths...

for those using math the mortality rate is LESS THAN ONE PERCENT..

given this has been updated daily and even shorter the numbers for the whole time IN THE US since it became a KNOWN problem have NOT EVEN BEEN CLOSE to the predictions.

for every increase be it per state or US as a whole has not been the 10, 7 , 3 or even 2 percent everyone uses to justify the current reaction.

but yet last year we had 61 thousand deaths, this year 11 thousand deaths and not one call for even a quarter of the measures being done now..

but then what do the states (we already know other parties goals) have to gain ?

the reason is COLD HARD CASH.

you see they cant justify or even continue the current draconian bordering on martial law actions without aid from the government .

can you imagine the backlash (or how soon it would hit) from the residence if they learned their kids lost valuable education, that they lost their businesses, lost their jobs, and lost their freedom if no cash was comming?

how much the states would go into debt if they had to cover it themselves with the corresponding tax and fee increases?

further that they had to listen to (in the beginning when it was unknown actions were reasonable) the feds what they should do vs using common (well maybe not NYC or CA) sense?

so in essence every party using this crisis for their own gains or just plain ignorance would not want the true numbers to come out because (as already seen) what is already coming out is showing is at least as bad but maybe less than the common flu..

or more bluntly
you die from the flu... we dont care no matter how many tens of thousands
you die from corvid19.... any deaths suddenly become unacceptable and we must "protect you"

scrounger

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah, this bull# needs to stop. HIPA was meant to protect people from work related retribution, not meant to further spread a pandemic. If you told even a 1 square mile area, 'Hey, we've found 5 positive covid-19 cases in your neighborhood so stay home and monitor yourselves.', people may take this more seriously... May. [It would put mental pictures of the virus spreading through THEIR neighborhood and not some vague image of the places you don't go being infected. quote]originally posted by: Shamrock6
My county is withholding any and all information about the cases here other than the number of them. Citing patient confidentiality laws, they won’t even disclose whether it’s a community transmission case (other than yes, community spread is here) or whether the person got the bug from recent travel, where they’ve been, nothing. All under the guise of HIPAA laws. They’ve said they’re withholding information to prevent people from worrying about being in contact with any of the individuals infected because none of them are or have been a threat to transmission of the bug to others.

“You can trust us, we’re the government.”

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

but then what do the states (we already know other parties goals) have to gain ?

the reason is COLD HARD CASH.

most governments make money from people who work, ie. taxes.
if they are promoting lockdowns for cash isnt that shooting themselves in the foot?? think a few billion in relief is better than a few billion in taxes?

can you imagine the backlash (or how soon it would hit) from the residence if they learned their kids lost valuable education, that they lost their businesses, lost their jobs, and lost their freedom if no cash was comming?

i wonder who pays those poor people who lose their jobs/businesses and are no longer paying tax?

or more bluntly
you die from the flu... we dont care no matter how many tens of thousands
you die from corvid19.... any deaths suddenly become unacceptable and we must "protect you"

scrounger

this is virus still has alot of unknowns, thats the scary part.
its ADDING strain to the medical sector. it isnt magically removing the strain from the flu and replacing it with itself, the strain from flu cases is still there, the EXTRA strain from covid-19 cases ADDS to the strain.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join