It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please. . . . Calm down

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: silo13
I'm sure the Italians and Germans are not impressed with this thread.
Not the Chinese.
But hey, if it's not really touching American's - yeah, just calm down.

Italian Dr. Giacomo Grasselli "It's like a bomb went off".

I guess they should have closed off their border earlier instead of worrying about the way it would look and be interpreted in the "woke" arenas, huh?

SMFH

This is another line of logic I don't follow. There's very little benefit to delaying the inevitable. You can only lock things down for so long before you open them up again, at which point the virus picks up where it left off. I think that's precisely what we will see in China in the near future.

Delaying the spread allows time for the medical establishment to research and hopefully find a vaccine. Any delay i the spread is a good thing. At least to people who think with their minds and not with their hearts.

ETA: Here's a news story that might hammer home my point. See, had these people (all untested and unkonwn when they arrived if they visited China within the past 3 months) were to have been allowed to enter the country, and spread this virus, we would be like those EU countries that failed to take these measures for fear of being labeled racist.
Hundreds of Chinese migrants detained at US border amid coronavirus-tied travel ban

edit on 3/11/2020 by Krakatoa because: added additional thoughts

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: silo13
I'm sure the Italians and Germans are not impressed with this thread.
Not the Chinese.
But hey, if it's not really touching American's - yeah, just calm down.

Italian Dr. Giacomo Grasselli "It's like a bomb went off".

I guess they should have closed off their border earlier instead of worrying about the way it would look and be interpreted in the "woke" arenas, huh?

SMFH

This is another line of logic I don't follow. There's very little benefit to delaying the inevitable. You can only lock things down for so long before you open them up again, at which point the virus picks up where it left off. I think that's precisely what we will see in China in the near future.

Look at it this way:

With your usual cold or flu, there is herd immunity. If you're the virus, only every 3 or 4th person your host runs into is maybe new territory for you because all the others are immune. It limits how many you can make sick and how fast you get them there.

With this virus, it's novel. There's no herd immunity. It can infect everyone its host runs into, meaning it can make a lot of people sick really, really fast.

A quarantine attempts to mimic herd immunity by limiting how many people an infected host comes into contact with.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

In addition from that article is a poignant realization that many fail to understand (or refuse to accept).

Secondly, unlike legal immigration, where tourists and migrants arrive with a passport and travel history, migrants arriving illegally have no medical history and no travel manifest, allowing agents to determine what countries they visited and how long.

Frequently, those apprehended stayed in stash houses in Mexico with many others in the days ahead of crossing. None of those people know where the others came from or who they traveled with, whether sick people preceded them in the houses, who may have slept in that spot the night before, whether it was cleaned.

Hundreds of Chinese migrants detained at US border amid coronavirus-tied travel ban

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My husband has been buying water, toilet paper, any/all canned food, and masks. I have purchased Jack Daniels, Fire Water, beef jerky, and tampons. I may have to trade with him for some toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jsjAmeicanMo

What in the hell is your husband going to do with tampons???

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Now that's a scary thought!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Now, DB, use your imagination ... They're soft and absorbent, and likely for more comfortable to rub against your bum than envelopes with plastic windows in them.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Now, DB, use your imagination ... They're soft and absorbent, and likely for more comfortable to rub against your bum than envelopes with plastic windows in them.

Very true. Maybe instead of worrying about toilet paper I will start hording tampons.

I would be able to barter with a lot of women out there...or husbands can use them as ear plugs if they have wives/girlfriends that will NOT STOP TALKING during their quarantine.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's how flu killed young healthy people back in 1918

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi just said the US House will not go along with eliminating or lowering the payroll tax.

As you recall, Nancy Pelosi hates any thing that puts more money in the pockets of everyday Americans.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Any Republicans in favor cutting payroll taxes?

Do you really think that reducing Social Security and Medicare funding is a good idea?
edit on 3/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Nancy Pelosi just said the US House will not go along with eliminating or lowering the payroll tax.

As you recall, Nancy Pelosi hates any thing that puts more money in the pockets of everyday Americans.

Pelosi: MUST ... KILL ... ECONOMY ... ORANGE ... MAN .... BAD!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust

Pelosi: MUST ... KILL ... ECONOMY ... ORANGE ... MAN .... BAD!!!

President Trump will address the nation tonight at 9 p.m. eastern time.

mobile.twitter.com...

I hope he's not genuinely giving in to this MSM induced panic.

Proof the Panic inside the USA is a mainstream media perpetrated hoax.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
They are already testing two antiviral drugs for the worst hit people

One is remdesivir and the other is the anti hiv drug combo Kaletra/Aluvia (lopinavir/ritonavir).

These are not a cure but can stop the virus in the really sick.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not to mention, I have noticed that it seems this virus only really becomes deadly when it manages to go epidemic in an area. Think Northern Italy or Wuhan where almost everyone has it. Think that nursing home in Washington. So far, I think every single death falls into two categories: people in an area ravaged by the virus, or people who were in such an area recently. Areas where the virus exists but in lower numbers seem to be much less deadly.

Now, maybe that's just my impression... but if so I'm sure someone will correct me. It seems the thing builds on itself until it creates a major outbreak, kills people, then backs off. If that is true, Trump's quick actions banning travel from China in January probably saved hundreds or even thousands of American lives already.

Maybe even those which are now attacking him.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have noticed that it seems this virus only really becomes deadly when it manages to go epidemic in an area. Think Northern Italy or Wuhan where almost everyone has it. Think that nursing home in Washington. So far, I think every single death falls into two categories: people in an area ravaged by the virus, or people who were in such an area recently. Areas where the virus exists but in lower numbers seem to be much less deadly.

Likely due to the fact that the sheer numbers overwhelm the health care system to the point not everyone can be effectively treated, which is what we heard in Wuhan and are hearing from parts of Italy.

The number of patients are too much for the health care providers to treat. That's what we need to prevent here in the US.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That is possible too.

If so, our style of living, especially in places like the midwest where we spread out will tend to work to our advantage. This thing likes packed in spaces and the Chinese solution of quarantining those people forcibly into closely packed apartment blocks may have actually made things worse.

If it's true that you can re-infect for whatever reason (and I've heard a couple theories -- there is a lag between IGG and IGM[?] antibody production that opens a window for it; it can maybe wall itself off like TB), it's possible that people in close packed situations are at risk to keep getting sick long enough to get worn down which is a pseudo Captain Tripps type scenario. You keep getting it until you can't resist developing a severe to critical case.

In the Washington nursing home, there are rumors that the place was already not very well run, so those people, aside from being older may have already not have been in the best of health possible on top of it. Then they created the perfect scenario for it to spread.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think it's deadlier in heavy outbreaks 'cause you can catch it twice (you don't have immnunity once you are cured), and the second chance your body must be weaker.

EDIT: yeap, that is what was just said

edit on 12-3-2020 by Kanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can we put the Wu-flu into perspective?

It is something serious. But like I stated in another thread, it's not an end-of-the-world serious.

Let's all calm down, act like adults and carry on. Let's treat this seriously, but rationally.

It will combine with ebola then you will crawl like the worm you are!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's been a few days since I authored this thread.

Since then we've had flights shut down from the EU.

Biden and Bernie today on tv stating the obvious.

The Nat'l Guard quarantining an entire town.

Cities and states banning public gatherings.

The NBA canceling their season.

Schools and colleges canceling school.

Spring training postponed.

And (of course) people hording toilet paper.

We have turned into a nation of shrill, cowardly, screaming pansies.

For the love of all that is holy. . . please calm the f### down!

I swear,I'm going to have to start slapping you nancy-pants just so you will calm the f### down!

Grow up!

Stop screaming for the government to save you.

OMFG!

Seriously!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join