It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please. . . . Calm down

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Nah ... It's pretty official. This bout of stuff isn't it. It just decided to travel up into my sinuses from my throat. WuFlu doesn't do head colds.

If I had it, it was back in January, and that one had all the proper symptoms: fever, sore throat, weighty chest, bit of a cough, lasted about a week (3 to 4 days for worst symptoms, chest tightness lasted a couple weeks). That was after husband brought something home from the Chinese/work.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Quite unfortunately, COVID19 only has a low death count because it has barely saturated humanity. It’s death rate is at least 3%, which is factually at least 30x flu. And nothing is going to stop it from saturating us - at least not in America, where people are too clueless to do any sort of preventive NPIs.

So your logic will be outdated fairly fast. The virus also grows exponentially, doubling every 4-5 days or so. Up to 70% or more of the world might get infected this year, resulting in a possible loss of 2% of the worlds population or so - much worse than flu.

If people heard the facts, they might take it a bit more seriously and reduce its spread with the correct attitude.

As it is, Americans are too arrogant for their own good and don’t realize there is a real threat here. They probably think they are invincible. Not to a virus!

Either Americans will figure it out beforehand and prepare, or they will freak out and act irrationally once they realize their delusional bubble of safety has popped!

edit on 10pmTue, 10 Mar 2020 16:22:27 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Keep beer thirty alive every day, and put the phone's down.. spend time with God, the birds, and crickets.. and there should be nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneBird

So on the TV today vice president pence said he and trump in their business they shake. hands and they will continue to shake hands if someone wants to,,,,,,,that is irresponsible,,,we shouldn't panic but not shaking hands at this time is common sense

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is news on the potential treatment protocol front. Chloroquine is showing some real promise in both China and South Korea, and they are starting to understand why.

Apparently, zinc inhibits viral reproduction in the cell, but the trick is to get the zinc into the cell. Chloroquine specifically facilitates this allowing more zinc to enter your cells where it can inhibit viral reproduction.

This video explains it, but it seems to show enough promise that both South Korea and China implemented it as part of protocol for severe cases and/or mild cases that don't self-resolve in an appropriate time frame.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Quite unfortunately, COVID19 only has a low death count because it has barely saturated humanity. It’s death rate is at least 3%, which is factually at least 30x flu. And nothing is going to stop it from saturating us - at least not in America, where people are too clueless to do any sort of preventive NPIs.

I think the fear is that-- in general --no one believes the reported death toll rate is the real death toll rate. No one believes that China has reported the real death toll rate, in part because they may not have had enough tests.

Then people hear the news say not to worry because the death toll is less than the flu. But then you see news of entire countries under quarantine like China and Italy.

Then the news reports that Ivy League schools are cancelling classes and going online. Ivy League schools with highly educated people with strong connections to brillant doctors and healthcare workers. And that makes everyone feel like they are being lied to by the media about the severity of the disease.

I think the fear stems in part from the general public feeling like they aren't getting the full facts from the news. Lack of tests. The unknown. And each time the news and media tries to downplay the virus to alleviate mass fears, it doesn't seem to help because people realize that the media doesn't have all the facts either.
edit on 11-3-2020 by MapMistress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneBird
Keep beer thirty alive every day, and put the phone's down.. spend time with God, the birds, and crickets.. and there should be nothing to worry about.

Oh good seems like great advice, can we cure cancer that way too.

Asking for a friend with terminal cancer?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

Pence has since adopted the elbow bump as a form of greeting but last week I watched him rub his nose with his hand then shake hands with someone while they were discussing this virus.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MapMistress

originally posted by: darkbake

I think the fear is that-- in general --no one believes the reported death toll rate is the real death toll rate. No one believes that China has reported the real death toll rate, in part because they may not have had enough tests.

Then people hear the news say not to worry because the death toll is less than the flu. But then you see news of entire countries under quarantine like China and Italy.

Then the news reports that Ivy League schools are cancelling classes and going online. Ivy League schools with highly educated people with strong connections to brillant doctors and healthcare workers. And that makes everyone feel like they are being lied to by the media about the severity of the disease.

I think the fear stems in part from the general public feeling like they aren't getting the full facts from the news. Lack of tests. The unknown. And each time the news and media tries to downplay the virus to alleviate mass fears, it doesn't seem to help because people realize that the media doesn't have all the facts either.

Been touting this guy for a while, he is a coronavirus expert...

www.accuweather.com...

The transcript of the call showed Nicholls believes weather conditions will be a key factor in the demise of the novel coronavirus. Referencing the SARS outbreak from 2002 and 2003, Nicholls said he thinks similar weather factors will also shut down the spread of the novel coronavirus.

"Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity," Nicholls said in response to a question about when he thinks confirmed cases will peak.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Even info from the Michigan DNR which usually is crap for decent info.

content.govdelivery.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting... Chloroquine is an immuno-depressant. It is actually used in some cases to treat rheumatism, which is the body's own immune system going into overdrive and actually causing more damage than good.

That makes me wonder if this bug isn't screwing around with the immune response and turning it against people in the severe cases. That might explain why smokers and COPD patients aren't as severely affected as well, since their immune systems are already busy in the lungs. Does that make it harder for COVID-19 to hijack the immune response?

Just thinking out loud here... redneck is not a doctor and doesn't play one on TV.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm sure the Italians and Germans are not impressed with this thread.
Not the Chinese.
But hey, if it's not really touching American's - yeah, just calm down.

Italian Dr. Giacomo Grasselli "It's like a bomb went off".

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Well. It's a good thing you're not patronizing the people of two nations with your post like some entitled saint in a white robe.

Go ahead and monger me some more of your silly little fears? What is it you're selling now, toilet paper?
I'll take 2 rolls for the price of 10 packs then. Deal?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm not one either. The guy doing the videos is a pulmonologist and he diagrams out how the zinc is supposed to work. The chloroquine is incidental except that it facilitates getting the zinc into the cell where it intereferes with the production of more virus.

Based on that description, any medication that could do the same would work as well, but chloroquine has the advantage of being cheap, readily available and well tolerated.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Not the Chinese.

I guess they should have closed off their border earlier instead of worrying about the way it would look and be interpreted in the "woke" arenas, huh?

SMFH

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I keep seeing people say things like this, but couldn't you have a head cold AND cornavirus at the same time? I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: asdfa

By today the sore throat is its typical healing itch. Any congestion is in my head and my fever broke overnight. I am clearly on the mend and never developed any chest symptoms.

Besides, if my family had it, the illness we went through back in January was far more suspect. It had all the right symptoms, lasted longer, hit harder ... but it still put none of us anywhere near needing medical care. We were just much sicker.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Not the Chinese.

I guess they should have closed off their border earlier instead of worrying about the way it would look and be interpreted in the "woke" arenas, huh?

SMFH

This is another line of logic I don't follow. There's very little benefit to delaying the inevitable. You can only lock things down for so long before you open them up again, at which point the virus picks up where it left off. I think that's precisely what we will see in China in the near future.
edit on 11-3-2020 by asdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: asdfa

By today the sore throat is its typical healing itch. Any congestion is in my head and my fever broke overnight. I am clearly on the mend and never developed any chest symptoms.

Besides, if my family had it, the illness we went through back in January was far more suspect. It had all the right symptoms, lasted longer, hit harder ... but it still put none of us anywhere near needing medical care. We were just much sicker.

Yeah, I'm sure you're fine. I was just speaking to that line of logic. I see people saying if you have a runny nose, you don't have coronavirus, but I think that might misguiding people. The CDC also said they were testing for the regular flu first, and if that test was positive, they weren't running a coronavirus test. Seems like you might actually be more prone to picking up two bugs when your immune system is compromised from one or the other.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Not the Chinese.

It's okay.

They have universal healthcare there.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join