It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
How do I create a post? Every time I attempt to, I get a blank page? Am I doing something wrong? I currently am going into the forum section selecting "new topic". But I get nothing but a blank page? Should I be doing something different? Does this site not work on Safari browser? Please help if possible. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

If you mean create a new thread, I think you need at least 20 posts to do that. Looks like you have 12 so far.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, that is what I meant. Well, then that would make sense!!! Thank you!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Major newb here, and I have been unable to find the answers to these questions elsewhere:

What does it mean when a post is "Flagged"?

What does it mean when a post gets a star?

I won't even bother to ask about the Karma score--that one sounds inscrutable!

Thanks for your help!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Rhoswen
Major newb here, and I have been unable to find the answers to these questions elsewhere:
How did you look?

I ran a search and found this thread in 5 seconds:

A Guide to the ATS Rewards System: Points, Flags, Stars, Karma and Wats

The old points system has been abandoned, and the "post borders" of gold and silver it mentions have been replaced by gold or silver borders around the profile summary at the bottom of the avatar in the left column, but not as many users have those anymore.

The rest is still applicable as far as I know.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
why i cant get in to the section " Really Above Top Secret " ? who is there?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BocaJuniorsXII

Last read a person needs 500 posts to get in (maybe more now). Iv been in it for a few years but hardly ever go in.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

hello can you tell me how to create a new thread?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jarplaw

Firstly, you need to wait until you have made twenty posts on other people's threads.
Except that you can write a thread about yourself in the Introductions forum, which is there for the purpose.

Then you need to get into the forum where you intend to write the thread.
You can do this by clicking on "forums", at the top, which will show you the selection available.
Alternatively, you can click on a thread which belongs to that forum, which will have the same effect.
Then, top right of the thread, you will see a "New thread" icon (which may be invisible or non-working if you don't have twenty posts)
Or if you're on the first page of the relevant forum, you will see a "New topic" icon in the same place.
Clicking on that will give you an editing screen, one box for title and one for content, and you're away.

(N.B. If you type in your title and then click on it, you will accidentally post your thread without content. That mistake is made frequently by the hasty)

edit on 18-11-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thanks for all the info in this thread. I decided to sign up today after being a long time reader on ATS. I am from the Netherlands, but I do not have a Dutch background. My roots can be traced back to some of the oldest Germanic tribes and Scandinavian persons that have their origins in mythological stories and facts.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok, this is a test post. I'm a long time reader (lurker) on ATS and um, desperate to partake of the witty camaraderie
however I am unable to furnish myself with an avatar or pretty image of that nature. Being on an iPad late in the night, typing with one hand does not help matters, I know. A baby lies heavy on my other arm (sigh, don't ask).
And without an avatar I am ashamed to post on any main threads here, as an artist it would be akin to walking blindfolded, or well, you know...
Test endeth here.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silentgreen

Plenty here can help you with that...there is even a thread dedicated to it.

here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

BTW - any particular theme you are looking for..?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Thank you kind sir for that most useful link, I now have a clear gif background as described therein. Will have to wait til I'm at a proper desktop to upload an avatar, in the distant future.....

In answer to yr question, I'm keen on a Bladerunner-evocative avatar with a dark sort of background.

Shall be forever grateful for help so kindly offered

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silentgreen

BTW silent...does Deckard dream of sheep..?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Ooh I love that image of Rachel, where did you find it?!?

Yup, Deckard dreams of those pesky electric sheep, the ones that clutter up the hard drive I named after him

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Loved the site for awhile and just now getting around to signing up. Quick question; how do I post to the introductions?

Thanks a bunch!

Yeck

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hello everyone
Finding this site cool

I would like make a new post and yes of course i've read you need 20 replies but how do you know? i've been on other threads and commented on them but i'm not sure how to know when you get 20 replies?
thank you

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Justmea
I would like make a new post and yes of course i've read you need 20 replies but how do you know?

It's posted in your personal stats.

Congratulations you're ready to create a thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But i tried to create one and it said that i'm not allowed?????

to quote "You do not have permission to post in this forum" soooooooo where am i allowed to post?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Justmea

Which forum are you trying to create a thread or post a reply in?

edit on 8-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join