It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

No. But if there is a good reason you can use the Alert button and a Moderator may delete it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ToccoasMostWanted

TMW-

Check your
inbox .

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hope this is the right place to ask a question, I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to making my first thread in the next day or two, but I will need to put a picture up to go with my thread and am not sure how to go about it.
Thanks.......

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pebbles123

Here's a tutorial with step by step pictures, I hope it helps: Link

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karam
Can i delete a thread????
No.

The best you can do is ask the site admin to close a thread to any new replies. I've seen them do that if the member has a good reason, but there may be cases where they wouldn't want to do that like if you posted a breaking alternative news story. That's a news topic so they might not close it. But if it's your topic they might close the thread if you ask.

To ask, go to the first post in the thread. On the left, click the triangle next to "member" then click "Alert" and change the subject something like "Please close this thread of mine". In the message area, delete "complaint about post" and replace it with an explanation of explain why you want your thread closed (there will already be a link to the thread so if you don't delete or type over that, you won't have to provide another link")

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Can u delete a post ?? Or just edit ? Not a thread.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yes but theres a 2 hour window to do this, After that you cannot change it, But.. you can ask me or anyother staff to help as we can edit for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question to ask, or if the answer has been right in front of me this whole time, lol, but I couldn't find anything regarding it..

I was wanting to send a user a private message because I needed some advice (silly and corny I know) and I'm unable to send messages.. I'm sure there is some rule? A post count needed before pms?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Yes. New members need to have accrued 20 posts prior to using the private message system to send messages to other members.

however, All members can communicate with staff via PM at Any given time.

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thanks for the great post. This has been really helpful for learning a lot of the etiquette here on the site.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

My i.d. chagahunter is not showing up. Just member and no name. What did I do ? What do I have to change?

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I s my i.d. name my avatar?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thanks Asala! Such a great community!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
im hoping to get familiar with this forum, seems very detailed

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I would be interested to know if there is a "poll" section of the forums.
any help would be appreciated.
-Phase

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhaseFour

No. Once in a while there are official polls from the Administration on various subjects, but there is no member poll section.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Can anyone show me how to "thank" people who reply in my thread? Thank you.
edit on 26-3-2013 by NgocNeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NgocNeo

The only thing I can think that you're talking about is "starring" a post. Right above the post there is an outline of a star, and you just click that to give it to the post.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
The only thing I can think that you're talking about is "starring" a post. Right above the post there is an outline of a star, and you just click that to give it to the post.
That's exactly how I thank people for replying to my threads; even if I disagree with them, I still give them a star if they make good arguments. I know some others do the same. And of course it's against the rules to post "thanks", which is a non-content post, so the star is really the best option, unless you want to discuss something in their post in which case you can add "thanks" as part of a larger reply.

I don't star any one-liners or poorly considered posts though.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
People are very friendly but at times prejudice obscures the truth.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join