It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Been checking out Flight Aware over China and still plenty of planes flying out of Bejing and Hong Kong. Just saw a plane take of from Hong Kong heading to Anchorage Alaska, One headed for New York. Out of Bejing planes set to depart to Moscow, Tokyo, Franfurt, and Seoul.

SMH its like business must go on lets check infect the world!

Plenty of other scary airports like Singapore, Honoi, Yokyo etc all have tons of flights flying around the world.

And we’ve got people and media throwing a fit about the US govt trying to limit travel.

I've never used the word "idiot" on this forum. Is the propraganda that bad in the States. I would never fly on a plane now. Heck, I'd take my chances now walking from coast to coast before I'd fly on a plane.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Get prepared mentally, save money, make sure you have staples at home, talking to everyone, but you too Japan, hope for the best be prepared for the worse.

Take your vitamins.

… *snip* … continued:

I’ve called many family members, they didn’t believe me what I was saying, but when I showed them recordings and links they went out and did the same understanding completely the R0 and incubation and how that make this virus increasingly likely to slip the net, how it’s completely obvious that outside of China we’re all playing catch up, yeah I think there is nothing we can do at this point, I’d like to see western countries casting the nets right now, 1 case, quarantine that city then tack... screw the economy’s, this is spreading like wildfire far beyond what we’re being told, tougher measures right now imo

Agreed. My family won't listen to me either, and I am a physician; still, they are flying to Disney in Orlando Florida tomorrow. At least I was able to talk them into taking 2 N95 masks each with them, and they suffered through my talk on hand washing, not touching anything, blah blah blah (they heard blah blah blah I am sure, but at least they know I think this is serious). They didn't cancel their trip though; so, I will worry. Sure … Disney 'Universal Studios' seems safe so far in the MSM, but still - CROWDS OF PEOPLE DUH - and airplanes ….
edit on 13-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: musicismagic

Further from what you said... we’re hitting about 4 weeks with no factories (or most) closed in China. The supply chain is weakening by the hour.

I think we’ll start to see shortages on things here in the US soon.

30 day leads time + 17 days on ocean (average) + distribution time = on store shelf.

Factories closed mid January for holiday.

So you are basically saying that if you think you may need something get it now because it possibly wont be there later. I wonder how many people are going to be upset when they cant upgrade their phones or find cheapish parts for their cars or computers. Hopefully there are people out there smarter than me that will start manufacturing some of the products that we are unable to have imported from China. Surely it cant be that difficult to produce face masks for example?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 64,438 confirmed cases worldwide, including 1,486 fatalities.

From that site:

14 February
03:25: China’s National Health Commission reports 267 new cases and 5 new deaths on the mainland, excluding Hubei province. Hubei Province deducted 108 prior deaths from the death toll due to double counting. (Source)

Deducting numbers now ?
How can any of us make sense of this information mess ?

PS: Thanks for reporting, not yelling at you. Just that, well, how should we trust any of those numbers ?
Maybe better to have them, than not ?
Dunno.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
2019 Global Health Security Index

The GHS Index is the first comprehensive assessment of global health security capabilities in 195 countries.

The average overall GHS Index score is 40.2 out of a possible 100. While high-income countries report an average score of 51.9, the Index shows that collectively, international preparedness for epidemics and pandemics remains very weak.

Overall Score out of 6 categories:
1. USA: 83.5
2. U.K.: 77.9
3. Netherlands: 75.6
4. Austrailia: 75.5
5. Canada: 75.3
6. Japan: 59.8

51. China: 48.2

They scored the USA "Healthcare Access" quite low, only 25.3. Lower than China.?
Note: Don't take the overall score at face value. You need to drill down into the (6) categories for each country of interest to get a better understanding/assessment. How accurate the benchmark scoring is anyone's guess.
The GHS Index is a project of the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHU) and was developed with The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).

It will be interesting to see how the scoring will change for China & other countries once the COVID-19 has run its course and they update their data.

If I heard correctly only 40 hospitals in Japan may have the facilities to treat the COVir-19, and that's if I heard it correctly.
Japan has over 2 million foreigners here and the population of Japan has changed so I don't know it off hand, but if a lot (which will happen) get sick in the big cities (subways, here folks), the hospitals will just start turning people away . Plus we have the homeless problem in cities like Osaka.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I’m not a doctor, but it looks like Covid-19 is less than lethal outside of China. Why? Is it genetics, or is it that the heavy pollution has already damaged the immune systems or the lungs of the Chinese people? What say you ATS?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

All preplanned I assure you.

How do I know? Because they need visas to almost all of those places.

And those visas take up to 30 days or more.

My wife is Chinese and we visited most of those countries.

Spring Festival started around January 10th-ish.

We go to Wikipedia...

Traditionally, families gather together during the Chinese New Year. In modern China, migrant workers in China travel home to have reunion dinners with their families on Chinese New Year's Eve. Owing to a large number of interprovincial travelers, special arrangements were made by railways, buses and airlines starting from 15 days before the New Year's Day. This 40-day period is called chunyun, and is known as the world's largest annual migration.[78] More interurban trips are taken in mainland China in this period than the total population of China.

Wikipedia
edit on 13-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add link

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

That at the moment is an anomaly. If I had to guess, due to lack of EQUIPTMENT. Those that get critical need life support to survive according to lancet’s latest summary report I posted a page back.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest

It’s going to be world changing but not world ending.

You sound like Tennisdawg.

On February 13, 2020 at 1:49 PM Tennisdawg wrote: “This is not a world-ending virus, but it is a world changing virus”

yah, I'd say tennisdawg is an actor.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Get prepared mentally, save money, make sure you have staples at home, talking to everyone, but you too Japan, hope for the best be prepared for the worse.

Take your vitamins.

… *snip* … continued:

I’ve called many family members, they didn’t believe me what I was saying, but when I showed them recordings and links they went out and did the same understanding completely the R0 and incubation and how that make this virus increasingly likely to slip the net, how it’s completely obvious that outside of China we’re all playing catch up, yeah I think there is nothing we can do at this point, I’d like to see western countries casting the nets right now, 1 case, quarantine that city then tack... screw the economy’s, this is spreading like wildfire far beyond what we’re being told, tougher measures right now imo

Agreed. My family won't listen to me either, and I am a physician; still, they are flying to Disney in Orlando Florida tomorrow. At least I was able to talk them into taking 2 N95 masks each with them, and they suffered through my talk on hand washing, not touching anything, blah blah blah (they heard blah blah blah I am sure, but at least they know I think this is serious). They didn't cancel their trip though; so, I will worry. Sure … Disney 'Universal Studios' seems safe so far in the MSM, but still - CROWDS OF PEOPLE DUH - and airplanes ….

Yeah, well on the flip side my mother calls me ( I call her the old raisin. Shes almost 100.) and starts grilling me on whats going on with the virus. I tell her what I know.. and she said : wash everything in Creolin. Now. DO you have Creolin there or should I send you some. ( Same woman called me on 9/11 screaming into the phone THEYRE BOMBING US!!! )
I say.. mom I dont live in a horse barn or dog kennel.. and this isnt the black plague. ( it kills fleas)

Guys.. my dad used to spray that crap in our yard to kill mosquitoes and fleas.. and Im NOT putting that industrial strength stuff on my antique hemlock floors. Well, unless we start dropping like flies here.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I really wish I didn't watch that clip of the kids being loaded into a body bag. My heart aches. So innocent and young and their lives were taken. # whatever killed them. Ugh, it pains to think about how they must've felt before they passed.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Nothin

Standard trucks to spray to kill mosquitos in the wet spring time around China. More common in southern China but other places have them.

I haven't found any confirmation but I think they shipped them from south to Wuhan via train. I've asked friends in Guangzhou but they haven't been able to find out.

It looks like these are re-purposed mist machines that are normally used to break up smog in China.
They are likely spraying a mixture of hydrogen peroxide (not bleach) mixed with an alcohol based disinfectant.

www.citymetric.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I’m not a doctor, but it looks like Covid-19 is less than lethal outside of China. Why? Is it genetics, or is it that the heavy pollution has already damaged the immune systems or the lungs of the Chinese people? What say you ATS?

My hunch is that the lethality rate in China is tied to damaged respiratory systems from factory pollution.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

a reply to: Nothin

Standard trucks to spray to kill mosquitos in the wet spring time around China. More common in southern China but other places have them.

I haven't found any confirmation but I think they shipped them from south to Wuhan via train. I've asked friends in Guangzhou but they haven't been able to find out.

It looks like these are re-purposed mist machines that are normally used to break up smog in China.
They are likely spraying a mixture of hydrogen peroxide (not bleach) mixed with an alcohol based disinfectant.

www.citymetric.com...

Its called D7.

Same thing you use for Candida Auris. Seal the room and fog it. Unfortunately they were using weak bleach solution in those enviro foggers and it does little to nothing.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yup. Acting on behalf of Uncle Sam to set up a 5000 bed quarantine zone with unspecified location. And so dafuq what if they are? This is a place to share info. Still waiting for doggodlol’s reasoning why 25M deaths worldwide is an acceptable conclusion to this introductory Act of globalized weaponized viral agent release to the good people of the world....

Still waiting

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

a reply to: musicismagic

Further from what you said... we’re hitting about 4 weeks with no factories (or most) closed in China. The supply chain is weakening by the hour.

I think we’ll start to see shortages on things here in the US soon.

30 day leads time + 17 days on ocean (average) + distribution time = on store shelf.

Factories closed mid January for holiday.

Large part of the American population will have no concept of what you just wrote. Actually its about 40 days on cargo ship from Japan to the west coast which will include the shipments leaving and arriving at destination in America.

When on the battle field, you are told to keep your heads down, and there's a reason for that.
When the politicians tell you not to worry or panic, there's a reason for them to say that an in my years here on Earth, that translate, you are on your own so start thinking of having survival instincts. Will be seeing that? ... I'm quiet on that one

But in all fairness, listen to the older people for their common sense . Right now I'm looking for Japanese honey, can you believe the 4 stores I went to are sold out and the small jar like 8 oz size goes for 25 bucks 2700yen

Buy American honey people if you can. Has some kick a.. health benefits. Goes good when making them homemade apple pies, that's why I'm out shopping for it. LOL

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

In a significant policy turnaround, the health ministry announced Thursday that those age 80 or older will be able to disembark the Diamond Princess if they test negative for COVID-19. Health minister Katsunobu Kato said such individuals will be allowed to leave the ship as early as Friday but will need to stay at lodgings provided by the government for the time being.

Good news..

High-risk passengers to be allowed to leave coronavirus-hit cruise ship

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I've had a hard enough time watching ones of the nurses overwhelmed, crying and desperate. The girl that was ripped out of her car then suddenly went lifeless, was hard to watch. Anything with children involved is the absolute worst of the worst. I'll trust that you've got the videos and their situations sorted without searching it. This is a sad situation all around.

They’re hard to watch, we’ve seen enough suffering to know this isn’t normal

If people have been doing a lot of digging and seeing the true extent of what this virus has done to Wuhan,
Know the rest of the detail should tell them everything they need to know

Next up is a tweet from the WHO saying invest now or pay more later, that just isn’t a normal tweet any day of the week, it was the most panicked tweet I’ve seen from the WHO, asking the world to come together and stop the arguing and start resource saga ring said it all, it way worst than we were being told

Then there was international outrage about China’s diagnosing, the. T he figures jumped, and then consider China has obviously been doing it from day one, I’m convinced the number of deaths is closer to 80k and 1.8 mil infected

From symptoms presenting.... that 14 days after being infected/incubation, from symptoms to death is 23-27 days

Just thing about that for a second 14 + potentially 27

A whole month

How the hell can we defend against this?

We may as well just say, the cats out the bag, the potential is 15-20% of the worlds population GONE

I feel like I’m living a nightmare right now because those are the facts if we can’t pull of a miracle

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I’ve never seen them used to break up smog in China but see no reason they couldn’t be used for that. After I moved out of Beijing smog I never lived there again. Tianjin got bad sometimes but nothing like Beijing, Wuhan, Xian or Chengdu.

I only ever saw them in South for spraying to kill mosquitos to prevent malaria etc.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join