It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Been checking out Flight Aware over China and still plenty of planes flying out of Bejing and Hong Kong. Just saw a plane take of from Hong Kong heading to Anchorage Alaska, One headed for New York. Out of Bejing planes set to depart to Moscow, Tokyo, Franfurt, and Seoul.

SMH its like business must go on lets check infect the world!

Plenty of other scary airports like Singapore, Honoi, Yokyo etc all have tons of flights flying around the world.

And we’ve got people and media throwing a fit about the US govt trying to limit travel.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Sure, updated the OP

here's a couple of links.
www.bangkokpost.com...
www.dailymercury.com.au...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Oh there is definitely going to be stigmatization, towards people who are infected, you wanna see how ugly human beings can be towards other human being, wait til we start seeing those articles or social media videos. Hell, look at those cruise passengers forced to sit on that cruise ship, mixed in with infected and non infected people.. when that’s all said and done most if not all will be infected, last I heard Japan, did not even want to test the passengers for the disease, if I was one of those passengers I would be demanding what the end game is...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I've had a hard enough time watching ones of the nurses overwhelmed, crying and desperate. The girl that was ripped out of her car then suddenly went lifeless, was hard to watch. Anything with children involved is the absolute worst of the worst. I'll trust that you've got the videos and their situations sorted without searching it. This is a sad situation all around.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
2019 Global Health Security Index

The GHS Index is the first comprehensive assessment of global health security capabilities in 195 countries.

The average overall GHS Index score is 40.2 out of a possible 100. While high-income countries report an average score of 51.9, the Index shows that collectively, international preparedness for epidemics and pandemics remains very weak.

Overall Score out of 6 categories:
1. USA: 83.5
2. U.K.: 77.9
3. Netherlands: 75.6
4. Austrailia: 75.5
5. Canada: 75.3
6. Japan: 59.8

51. China: 48.2

They scored the USA "Healthcare Access" quite low, only 25.3. Lower than China.?
Note: Don't take the overall score at face value. You need to drill down into the (6) categories for each country of interest to get a better understanding/assessment. How accurate the benchmark scoring is anyone's guess.
The GHS Index is a project of the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHU) and was developed with The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).

It will be interesting to see how the scoring will change for China & other countries once the COVID-19 has run its course and they update their data.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 64,438 confirmed cases worldwide, including 1,486 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
it’s going to be surreal when one of us finally announce we have the corona virus 🦠

Well, soon I'll be on the "real" front line today.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24946315]Agit8dChop[/pos

In response to the dailymercury article.... 10k under quarantine.....? To the “more people die every year from flu etc etc yada yada” crowd, might it be we aren’t hearing of deaths from this virus on purpose. Like might there be a reason behind that sh*t.? I mean come on. People outside China are going to/have already died from this. It’s just beginning. We live in the digital age folks, suppression might be happening, no?

People outside China are going to die from this thing, or what tots being used to cover up...

CT nerves tingling

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: [post=24946315]Agit8dChop[/pos

In response to the dailymercury article.... 10k under quarantine.....? To the “more people die every year from flu etc etc yada yada” crowd, might it be we aren’t hearing of deaths from this virus on purpose. Like might there be a reason behind that sh*t.? I mean come on. People outside China are going to/have already died from this. It’s just beginning. We live in the digital age folks, suppression might be happening, no?

People outside China are going to die from this thing, or what it’s being used to cover up...

CT nerves tingling

DOUBLE POST

edit on 13-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

It’s going to be world changing but not world ending. The biggest effect I believe will be economical, not everyone will die, but allot will get very ill, and not like the seasonal flu. Lack of work, and in some cases hospital stay. Last estimate I saw, 33 million Americans estimated have no health insurance, 70% plus Americans live paycheck to paycheck. That is scary. The world markets, are reminding me how they were in the late 20’s right now. With China, not producing parts for many car manufacturers and many components for the tech companies, no matter how optimistic we want to act, this is going to effect markets and business hence jobs. This is common sense stuff here, you can get this data by reading news articles and asking google. Japan, is now the next domino to fall, when I was saying I had a very bad feeling about this on the first pages of the first thread, I meant it.. Get prepared mentally, save money, make sure you have staples at home, talking to everyone, but you too Japan, hope for the best be prepared for the worse.

Take your vitamins.

To understand what you pointed out, if one lives on an island it will be world changing actually starting today. Economy is starting to look weak here now

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The WHO Scientific and Technical Advisory Group for Infectious Hazards (STAG-IH), working with the WHO secretariat, reviewed available information about the outbreaks of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Feb 7, 2020, in Geneva, Switzerland, and concluded that the continuing strategy of containment for elimination should continue, and that the coming 2–3 weeks through to the end of February, 2020, will be crucial to monitor the situation of community transmission to update WHO public health recommendations if required.

The lock-down of Wuhan City seems to have slowed international spread of COVID-19; however, the effect is expected to be short-lived (WHO modelling group). Efforts are currently underway in China, in the 24 countries to which infected persons have travelled, and in public conveyances, such as cruise ships, to interrupt transmission of all existing and potential chains of transmission, with elimination of COVID-19 in human populations as the final goal. This WHO-recommended strategy is regularly assessed each week by STAG-IH on the basis of daily risk assessments by WHO as information becomes available from outbreak sites.

NEW LANCET STUDY SUMMARY
edit on 13-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How many days warning do you think you need to give Mr. Bezos if you need a meeting?
Would that be before or after he Sold stock?
(Honestly, I haven't watched that so, if there is a "legit" reason let me know.I'm just thinking out loud)

The World Health Organization (WHO) is urging tech companies to take tougher action to battle fake news on the coronavirus.

The push comes as a representative from the WHO travelled to Silicon Valley to speak directly to tech firms about the spread of false information.

The WHO has labelled the spread of fake news on the outbreak an "infodemic".

Mr Pattison spoke on Thursday to a meeting of tech companies hosted at Facebook's headquarters in Mountain View California.

Other firms in attendance included Google, Apple, Airbnb, Lyft, Uber and Salesforce.

Earlier in the week, he held talks with Amazon, at the e-commerce giant's headquarters in Seattle.

source
edit on 13-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Further from what you said... we’re hitting about 4 weeks with no factories (or most) closed in China. The supply chain is weakening by the hour.

I think we’ll start to see shortages on things here in the US soon.

30 day leads time + 17 days on ocean (average) + distribution time = on store shelf.

Factories closed mid January for holiday.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It’s going to be world changing but not world ending. The biggest effect I believe will be economical, not everyone will die, but allot will get very ill, and not like the seasonal flu. Lack of work, and in some cases hospital stay. Last estimate I saw, 33 million Americans estimated have no health insurance, 70% plus Americans live paycheck to paycheck. That is scary. The world markets, are reminding me how they were in the late 20’s right now. With China, not producing parts for many car manufacturers and many components for the tech companies, no matter how optimistic we want to act, this is going to effect markets and business hence jobs. This is common sense stuff here, you can get this data by reading news articles and asking google. Japan, is now the next domino to fall, when I was saying I had a very bad feeling about this on the first pages of the first thread, I meant it.. Get prepared mentally, save money, make sure you have staples at home, talking to everyone, but you too Japan, hope for the best be prepared for the worse.

Take your vitamins.

We know that.. 80% of the population infected 15-20% dead is what I think is coming based on all the doctors, virologists, bio weapons experts are saying, that’s worst case scenario should it outbreak China and go pandemic, all the information we seen is pointing towards that as the most likely outcome

That’s a world that would be unrecognisable afterwards

I’ve been preparing for 3 weeks, I bought all the masks and bio kit 3 weeks ago as what I was seeing in China was far beyond any normal outbreak, I’ve never ever ever acted like that with anything, but you don’t do what China did for anything we know off, it was obviously very serious, then the videos coming out of Wuhan just confirmed the seriousness, they’ve stoped about 4/5 days ago, again, that is alarming

Screw it, I can’t take risks, I’ve called many family members, they didn’t believe me what I was saying, but when I showed them recordings and links they went out and did the same understanding completely the R0 and incubation and how that make this virus increasingly likely to slip the net, how it’s completely obvious that outside of China we’re all playing catch up, yeah I think there is nothing we can do at this point, I’d like to see western countries casting the nets right now, 1 case, quarantine that city then tack... screw the economy’s, this is spreading like wildfire far beyond what we’re being told, tougher measures right now imo

And as mentioned in part II before it was closed, this looks more and more like a bio weapon leak or sabotage, a weapon designed to go undetected and cause maximum damage, a concoction of SARS, Flu, AIDS, even patients who survive can end up with lung diseases, everything I’ve looked at isn’t from Tom dick or Harry, it’s from professionals in revel ant fields that’s the troubling thing, professionals who are either working currently in high ranking positions or were blacklisted and gagged

I was laughed at on SM for saying close the bloody flight 3 weeks ago, the scary part is, is what we were predicting 3 weeks ago is slowly coming true, we said it would come to the US, EU we said the cases would be this number this week and this number that week, it came true, we said it’s R0 has to be greater, we said there is way more infected on the cruise ship when it was 21, we said all of this 2/3 weeks ago and it’s confined now

Quarantine any western city NOW with only one case or we’re screwed is my opinion now, or we will see a Wuhan in those cities by the begging of march, after that it’ll go nationwide and we’re going to see something like 1918

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: Nothin

From my “I was sprayed by that sh*t” source, a long time friend, it’s some combination of Lysol, bleach and alcohol in the big trucks. Or at least it smelled like that to him.

Other folks on WeChat said similar.

It was low concentration bleach-and-water solutions at first and now its D7.

For that purpose, Drake's company makes a hydrogen peroxide-based cleanup product that was originally developed to neutralize biological and chemical warfare agents, but is now being sent to at least six different hospitals around China, both inside and outside Hubei province. D7 kills viruses on hard surfaces as well as textiles for up to eight hours, before it degrades into non-potable water, making it far more long-lasting than a bleach and water spray.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 13-2-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: lostgirl

Sure, updated the OP

here's a couple of links.
www.bangkokpost.com...
www.dailymercury.com.au...

Thank you so, so much for posting those!!

And again, to all who are contributing to these threads:

If you come across sources indicating worsening conditions in Vietnam, please please reply to me with links -

- the explanation for my particular concern is in my post on page 5 of this thread...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is pretty, scary.

Beijing: China's leaders expanded a mass roundup of people possibly sickened with the coronavirus on Thursday, widening their dragnet well beyond the epicentre of the outbreak to at least two more cities in what the government has called a "wartime" campaign to stamp out the epidemic.

In their zeal to execute the edict, officials in Wuhan, a metropolis of 11 million, have haphazardly seized patients who have not yet tested positive for the COVID-19 coronavirus, in some cases herding them onto buses with no protective measures where they risked infection from others, their relatives said.

China expands chaotic dragnet in coronavirus crackdown

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It’s going to be world changing but not world ending.

You sound like Tennisdawg.

On February 13, 2020 at 1:49 PM Tennisdawg wrote: “This is not a world-ending virus, but it is a world changing virus”

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I’m caught between telling my Cali liberal parents they need a firearm and telling them not to travel by air to AZ next week. I don’t wanna come across as a pariah, but I wish I was a believer in The Tao in these situations

Regardless I’m distraught, disturbed, and disgusted the people here in the US that have ‘official” status deem it fine that business as usual continues on as my family and thousands of others are bound to keep their heads in the sand until someone with more “credential” than familial love speaks out on this issue....

This world was fu$&#d before this thing erupted....

edit on 13-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join