It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

tbh looking at those number and the wild fluctuations im fairly sure we can assume the random number generator has some problems remembering what yesterday release numbers were
the problem with "recovered " as already stated is theres no guarantee thats not just a false negative and written off asap to clear the numbers from them imo a more accurate image of whats happening is ignore china and look at the rest

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WattBWong

Any news out of Brighton? Asking for a friend...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Sorry dude I don't, it's just monitoring the situation.

My own gut feeling it's not as bad as it's being painted. Everyone is on high alert but I don't know why.

link   
Waiting on a reminder but think they’ve a lot to delete

link   
I have not logged into ATS in quite some time but wanted to contribute to this thread ...so hello all and here are my thoughts.

Many have wondered why this epidemic is so severe in China both in spread and fatality but not so much yet in the rest of the world. Stick with me here while I offer a possible reason.

I have read that the difficulty in developing a SARS vaccine is due to the problem that the first pathogen exposure in the vaccine primes the imune system not so much for an effective response at destroying the virus on later exposure but rather on an over response that destroys the host. So this is a thing that could also occur in waves of infection possibly.

So then, what if China is not experiencing its first wave of this bugger but its second. What if the first wave only gave folks the sniffles and merely inoculated a portion of the population and the folks that are getting hit hard now have been exposed before. What if that exposure occurred before the virus mutated into a form that spreads more easily as we see now and as such was local to Wuhan and the rest of the world is on its first go round.

I am only speculating here and I am probably not even qualified to do that. But if this is the case then it could be some time before the rest of the world gets as hit as hard as Wuhan is now.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I agree tbh, we have 4 beds freed up in the infectious containment ward here “just in case” but judging by what I’ve heard doctors say the past 24 hours they ain’t expecting anything fairly dismissive atm tbh

(post by Flyingclaydisk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gibbon

If it started in November / December then by now February /March we should at least be seeing way more than we are imo, As I said earlier, I’d expect localised clusters to appear ( you get the same with measles etc) and I posted earlier in volume 3 today why that is ( back near the start ) (if anyone knows how to link that info would be appreciated ) but imo doesn’t look like it’s gonna mushroom in the same way, we just don’t have that concentration of population tbh

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for the vid it was very enlightening. No wonder you had to have ten kids back then for a couple to survive. Judging by the narrative it might mean that European cities were so filthy the surviving population ended up with far more immunities than the Asian, simply because they were cleaner. Like in old China all human waste was taken back to the fields in night carts.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Did you mean > covid19info.live...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

In all honesty it did turn a bit weird Wednesday onwards as I'm a relative grunt. I'm not privy to higher orders but on the ground there was movement like I've never seen. Personally - and projecting in this thread - don't worry. But I've seen things that concern me (this is UK based). We've done wonderful things before, like defeat the Nazi Germans (with help of our American cousins), and we can defeat a [bio engineered] flu

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Because groups like that didn’t start years ago,

I’d actually be less concerned with when someone made an account as to how they aggressively try to enforce an opinion on someone, don’t chat or joke with others and the constant narrative (and they all have the same one!, and the grammar and language is easy to see!)
Tbh date an account made means nothing some of them have planned in advance to invade threads forums and social media ( like sleepers!) but that’s totally off topic!

link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Did you mean > covid19info.live...

Yes, thanks will go back and fix url.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Toning down the 2019-nCoV media hype—and restoring hope

An effective way of putting this outbreak into perspective is to compare it with other respiratory tract infections with epidemic potential. 2019-nCoV appears to fit the same pattern as influenza, with most people recovering and with a low death rate; the people at risk of increased mortality are older in age (>65 years), immunosuppressed, or have comorbid illnesses. There is currently no evidence that 2019-nCoV spreads more rapidly than influenza or has a higher mortality rate.

Seems like we can get back down to earth 🌍 somewhat.. Happy Valentine’s Day.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Sitting here in Germany ( bite me!, as a Brit To a Brit I don’t think that’s offence or racist???) I know what ur saying
, I’ve worked and seen that stuff in U.K. and here too, tbh it looks like belt an britches, plan for the worst and hope for the best scenario but we’ve basically been stood down and return to “nothing coming” but we’ll keep 4 beds empty (in a city of a nearly a million????) that’ll be enough
edit:
Considering we don’t even have direct flight to China here how does Germany have more than France? They have to go through there to get here!!!
edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
One thing that occurs to me is, the symptoms sound typical on the flu and other viruses. Aside from testing, would there be any signs it was something aside from a common bug? If I felt ill I'd probably assume to was the flu and ride it out at home.

I just read some comments by a virus expert/scientist a few days ago that when we get into spring and warmer months, most bugs like the flu essentially taper off/go away. They speculated that it may be the same thing will happen with the corona virus. However, there was a caveat that they didn't know enough about this virus to assume this would happen.

Ebola was much more scary as to what it does to a person, but fortunately it didn't widely spread here

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join