It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 332
<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

a reply to: revmoofoo

Apologies for being an ignorant American, but is this standard procedure for a disease that is what some think to be less severe than the common cold or any strain of flu?

No, it's not. What we're seeing in cases outside of China hasn't really much matched what we're seeing in China. But if cases outside of China turn into the situation in China, it's best to limit the spread as much as possible.

From what we've seen outside of China, most cases seem fairly mild. The problem is that a certain percentage develop into a serious pneumonia, and when that happens, patients need supportive medical care for a long time. It's not a quick recovery. Add in the contagious factor of the disease, and you can add patients to your hospitals quite quickly making for an overwhelming situation.

So it makes sense for countries to try to limit the spread of this as much as possible.

But, yeah, when you get the mild form, it will be less severe than your average flu bug which makes it seem strange, but even then, you may be carrying around walking pneumonia for a while.

Honestly, it's possible my whole family had it and just didn't know. We were exposed to Chinese through my husband's work at the right and all came down with a bug with the right symptoms not long after. I'm not holding my breath that was it, but it is just barely possible.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: papajj
I keep seeing that China wont show anything to the US. I dont understand why they wouldnt.

Maybe because we would be able to identify the source, and could prove it was one of their (China's) bio-weapons.

Maybe, in fact, we already know that, from what we've learned from Dr. Lieber and the two Chinese Nationals that were arrested.

Or maybe because we could prove that they stole it in the first place. That would be a touch embarrassing.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Which is why I hope this IS a pandemic and I hope it DOES kill 30%+ of the people who get it, because it's the ONLY way humanity can continue to survive.

Really? Wow. Just wow. I suppose you'd also be OK if you are one of the 30%?

Don't answer, it was rhetorical, because even though you'd likely say yes, we all know you'd be lying.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

They're using CT scan to confirm some cases and clinical diagnoses.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb
That confirms my theory that India is not releasing very much information. 5 days ago is about right when India YouTubes stopped.
I remember far back in this thread that they had a number of students who were suspected of having the coronavirus and were tested.
Do you know the results of those tests?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

None of its standard procedure for a cold or flu, and imagine being the person who spread it to them that had his picture plastered all over the media along with his name, if that was my kids and I knew someone had done that I doubt I’d be able to restrain myself if anything happened to them tbh

People are wanting information and interviews from the cases so far, and this right here is why we aren't getting them.

People react strangely to cases of disease like this. I recall the visceral anger and hatred directed at the media lady who broke her Ebola quarantine. She received death threats, I think. Cases that get released would still be under suspicion, so I think the silence is as much for their protection as some here think it's to hide something. That impulse right there ... the belief things are being hidden puts those people in danger.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Which is why I hope this IS a pandemic and I hope it DOES kill 30%+ of the people who get it, because it's the ONLY way humanity can continue to survive.

Really? Wow. Just wow. I suppose you'd also be OK if you are one of the 30%?

Don't answer, it was rhetorical, because even though you'd likely say yes, we all know you'd be lying.

There are too many people, the number needs to go down.

I refer you to the video below at 13 mins 33.

That simply can't happen so something WILL happen to stop it.

The eco system cannot sustain so many humans, so nature will restore the balance.

It's no good getting emotional about it, you can't cry the facts away.

edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 13 Feb 2020 08:36:50 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0236 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 13 Feb 2020 08:38:37 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0238 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They're using CT scan to confirm some cases and clinical diagnoses.

You can't CT scan thousands of people per day, so I guess the vast majority are clinically diagnosed - i.e. - they have the symptoms, they're diagnosed.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24944203]Power_Semi[/post

Maybe you just shouldn't argue. Tennisdawg hasn't said anything In this thread that's outlandish or completely unbelievable. I'd rather have his insight to this and take his opinion along side what we know as fact than your theories about why the numbers are higher. Everyone here knows the CCP has been fudging them from the start. It's impossible for anyone to know the true numbers inside China at this point.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That coupled with the fact that theyre probably adding all the deaths that theyre hiding without adding it to the death count.

Think about it, if the death count doubled overnight a lot of people would panic.

But every death is almost certainly a confirmed case.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
That coupled with the fact that theyre probably adding all the deaths that theyre hiding without adding it to the death count.

Think about it, if the death count doubled overnight a lot of people would panic.

It went from 101 the day before to c.250.

That's 2.5 times higher - why?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
bbc reports that Vietnam might have this at at border villages
edit on 13-2-2020 by doggodlol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: peter_kandra

Maybe. One problem though is that corona virus is a BSL 3 pathogen. None of that means they weren't working with it at the BSL 4 lab, but it could have been worked with at any BSL 3 lab or above. The HIV sequence thing has been gone over and it is not what it's been claimed to be in that thread.

None of that means this didn't escape from the lab, but it there are certainly competing theories to what exactly is going on with this bug. I think the Tweet thread is alarmist.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: logicsoda

And how do we verify that this is true? There is nothing conclusive to indicate that this virus is "artificially designed", as you claim. Not a thing--this is all baseless conjecture.

I understand that it may be hard to keep up with all that is going on with this thread. Evidence supporting this theory has been presented. To help separate out the relevant information from this big general catch all, two other threads worth checking out include:

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV rapid Pandemic transmission related to HIV?

Coronavirus: Did a Chinese Scientist Steal the Virus from a Canadian National Microbiology Lab?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I can't argue CCP logic, lol. But them holding out on the rest of chinas numbers, the crematorium stories.. we all know the death count is higher.

How would you react if say last nights totals looked like this:

Infected Added: 11,000
Dead Added: 3,000

Every MSM outlet would pounce and never look back
edit on 13-2-2020 by ragiusnotiel because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Doesn't mean they were all diagnosed yesterday either. They may be just catching up the numbers.

As in, previously, they were only reporting the ones they used the kit on, but they had the other ones who had been clinically diagnosed and those who had CT scans and those two groups (some the same person) had not also been tested. Now they're adding all cases together.

We'll know if the numbers continue to jump astronomically or climb at a more modest pace.

If this is a one time massive spike, then they were just finally allowing the real numbers out.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I can't argue CCP logic, lol. But them holding out on the rest of chinas numbers, the crematorium stories.. we all know the death count is higher.

How would you react if say last nights totals looked like this:

Infected Added: 11,000
Deaded Added: 3,000

Every MSM outlet would pounce and never look back

I don't think they're going to add in all of the people who have already died, just the ones who die from now on.

It could be 3000 per day - maybe more?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

As per this simulation, I think i'll be moving permanently to Greenland.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How long does it take to cremate 1,355 bodies?

Surely they would be able to handle a load like that, given all the time that has passed.

Add another zero.

The overload makes a LITTLE more sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

Sad truth is that it may be necessary.

The other sad truth is that in some cases, it may make things worse.

And I think it will be a lottery as to which side of that coin a person falls on.

new topics

top topics

<< 329  330  331    333  334  335 >>

join