It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 335
<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

The thread is drifting but you both are right..

Semi's point is population explosion is math.. It is exponential.. If you do the math this will ramp to infinity which isn't possible.

Puzzle is correct in that we can't just put our head in the sand and ignore it and wait for earth to correct it. Meanwhile we are treating our planet like it is disposable which it isn't. Ignoring the fact that we can innovate and become more efficient is ignorant at best.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just saw this, turns out they under reported.New numbers

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

I would say as humans innovating is what we been doing

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: logicsoda

I'm unsure what you will accept as "proof." If "proof" to you is hearing the same information from CNN or ABC, why are you spending your time on ATS?

It need not be the same information as on CNN or ABC--simply a verifiable, peer-reviewed study to show that the insertions were, in fact, artificially placed instead of just links to speculation would be great.

Speculation is not conclusive. It is called "speculation" for a reason.

Please don't see me as attacking you or anything of that sort--I just want to encourage critical thinking. Connecting dots is a fantastic exercise of the mind, and coming up with theories is fun and fascinating, but they shouldn't be propagated as conclusive fact when the evidence can just as easily be indicative of something else, possibly completely unrelated.
edit on 13-2-2020 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: doggodlol

I agree, but in previous posts Semi was bashing Greta inferring we shouldn't do anything to innovate on energy. You can debate climate change all you want, but to ignore innovation is ignorant.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
m.youtube.com...

WHO live update on Covid-19 as cases soar.

Soul

Live Update has ended. Key points.

1.) The adjusted reporting guidelines apply to Hubei province only. The other provinces are still only reporting Lab confirmed cases. Hubei province is reporting both lab confirmed and chest X-ray diagnosed cases. It is still possible that the chest X-ray scans are showing lung inflammation related to factors other then Covid-19.

2.) The jump in numbers is not for this most recent 24 hour period, rather reaching back to past days or weeks(it was unclear how far back they went) and reclassifying some "non lab confirmed cases" as "Clinically diagnosed cases" and adding them to the total on the most recent daily report. This extended to reclassifying Cause of Death in some of the past cases, not "new cases"

3.) The numbers still only reflect those who have been to a hospital and had direct lab confirmation or chest X-ray scans. According the the WHO directer this is only showing the "tip of the iceberg", as there are certainly many who have not had access to either of these two methods of confirmation.

4.) Despite this fact the WHO directer is perplexed that people always assume that the unreported numbers are large and widespread, rather then assuming that they are small and contained(his preferred narrative).

5.) Along those lines he shared that one of the important things to focus on is developing a "vaccine" against misinformation. He was very excited about a meeting he had recently where they discussed methods of controlling the social narrative and combating the misinformation in social media. I am not quoting him word for word, just paraphrasing.

6.) Another interesting thing that he noted is that China is the ONLY country that is reporting "suspected cases" to WHO. All other countries including the USA are not reporting suspected cases and ONLY reporting Lab confirmed cases. (I find this is some what concerning considering the questions regarding the reliability of the lab testing which seems to often result in false negatives. Also the reports that the tests distributed out to state and local hospitals are producing inconsistent results.)

It seems to me that they are imploring the public to focus ONLY on the reported numbers and stop speculating on the potential impact of the "unseen infections". The analysis that they give is always given with the caveat that it is based solely on confirmed numbers and the snapshot that the confirmed numbers give them of the present situation "today". So if and when the unseen infections manifest to confirmed infections, they can provide us analysis of the "official numbers" on that future day.

I heard nothing that would lead me to believe that the we will not see subsequent outbreaks in other countries that will following a similar pattern to what we have seen in Wuhan. Perhaps other countries may be able to diminish the speed of the outbreak and slow down the rate of transmission to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. Yet I find it impossible to believe that this will remain an isolated serious situation in Hubei province while being mild and largely contained everywhere else.

At least we can count on WHO to analyse the "tip of the iceberg" for us on a day to day basis. No worries

Soul

edit on 13-2-2020 by SoulReaper because: Live Update ended, providing key points

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Mateo96
An Indian man who was infected committed suicide to avoid infecting anybody, specially his wife and three kids.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Why commit suicide, though? Especially since it seems to have mild symptoms outside of China. Unless India is having problems already?

I'd assume he was simply scared of hurting his family with the virus. Spanish but with some Indian blood here, and while the more populated areas od India such as Bombay have horrible sanitation, there is still a great sense of helping your family and neighbours.

I'd say he was simply scared of that possibility even if small, as far as I can tell, India has it all under control at the moment, which is surprising considering those poorer regions.

link   
a reply to: AgentAnderson

that's old news like 10 hours at least

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

NEW: Huanggang, a city of 6 million people near Wuhan, will tighten its lockdown at midnight to ban people from leaving their home; basic needs will be provided by the local government

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

I'm thinking not.

The implication I got from tennisdawg's post was that the, "watch Houston," notice was for an unacknowledged case not in quarantine.

Still now that there is an officially announced case in the State, how simple would it be to blame additional cases on a missed procedure or protocol?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

#BREAKING: 1st #coronavirus death in Japan confirmed: health minister

"In 2016, 119 650 Japanese people died of pneumonia, 96% of whom were aged 65 years and above."

So, while sad, she was in her 80's, and a lot of people die from pneumonia every year in Japan.

Just saying... now some of you may proceed to bitch about my heartless pointing out of the facts.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Adphil28
Awesome I’m so happy now then, so the new cases in London, Germany, USA are just an anomaly and it’s safe to assume the ccp line of “nothing to see here it’s all fine and nothing happened” is believeable then?

Ok, care to provide a chart showing the explosion of these new cases?

Lets see... just looking at the US, there simply has been no explosion of cases. I tried to find a chart showing the growth (dates for when the confirmed cases were reported), but it has happened extremely slowly, with ZERO appearance of 'exponential' growth.

Just because there aren't big numbers right now doesn't mean anything. First, we knew it was coming so we're taking precautions before Wuhan did (sort of). Second, it started there in December but the numbers were LOW until February and that's when it really took off so we'll see what this looks like in April. Every hospital in the US would need to be screening for it and they aren't so we really don't know what the numbers are. I have a good friend at a major hospital and she's still blowing this off so with that sort of attitude in the hospitals here it's not being looked for right now. Lastly, it seems to take a week to get test results. So I know you keep saying it's no big deal in the US but we really can't know that for a couple of months

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'm not speculating if it did happen who would succumb and who wouldn't, I'm simply saying at some point something will happen to reduce human numbers and this could be it.

Natures only options to fix our mess are disease, famine, or sterilisation.

The world is not overpopulated - there is much more available space and resources than people. Cities are overpopulated. Bad controls, bad governments, poor city plans, wealth and poverty.. those are the reasons that populations seem "out of control." With proper controls and processes and systems in place, the current population is not a big deal. In the U.S., without growing a thing more and simply eating what we export, we could feed another 400 million people. Without growing one more plant that we grow now.

The fix the world needs is not less people. Maybe more compassionate, less greedy people would be a good start though.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You can't debate math... Population is exponential and will approach infinity..

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

boxmining had a vacation to Japan planned for a while that he left for. He said he may post podcasts or updates while he is there but was iffy on livestreaming based on internet speeds. I miss him too, but hopefully he'll be back.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ELPManticore

oh yeah I forgot he was going on vacation.. I was wondering why he didn't stream last night

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
"originally posted by: tennisdawg
edited to add: this is an intentional release of an artificial virus. This was not released by China"

Holy s.

Any clues as to who did it?

Oh, come on, are you seriously just taking his casual and totally unsupported comment as gospel???

He could just as easily be a plant from the CCP as a genuine leaker.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

"originally posted by: tennisdawg
edited to add: this is an intentional release of an artificial virus. This was not released by China"

Holy s.

Oh, come on, are you seriously just taking his casual and totally unsupported comment as gospel???

He could just as easily be a plant from the CCP as a genuine leaker.

I don't think he's a plant--I just think he is a tinfoil hat alarmist. Entertaining, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: tennisdawg
I value your input tremendously, so please take this post in the spirit in which it was made.

Why?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: Hecate666
At this point I'd like to ask a question that some may find superflous and others may have asked themselves the same thing.
We are obviously talking a lot about human casualties or the quarantine, but when I pondered today what we would do if we were quarantined, I could not help getting worried about our animals.
Their food would soon run out and their bedding and poop litter.
We love them as our children [no children, I prefer animals], so I wouldn't know what to do. Would we have to watch them starve, would we have to put them down?
To me this is actually more scary than me catching this virus. After all, even if we don't catch it but are in quarantine, the animals will suffer just from the human panic alone and not from any illness.

I wonder what is happening in china with beloved pets?
I can imagine that a few ruthless people will just murder them, some even eat them. But what about those that really rely and love their pets?

I don't want stupid answers, or attempts at 'humour', I am really upset about this [yeah, I do care about animals just as much as humans, so bite me].

If you have a dog or cat or horse or anything that you love dearly because they are their own little persons, imagine being in quarantine and what might happen to them. Considering a lot of people will say 'they are ONLY animals', they have no rights nor will anyone care. Well I do!

We have a number of cats, dogs, hogs, cows, chickens etc. We are taking this seriously and are stocking up on food for them all. So far we have 3 months stored and will be upping this to 6 months in the next few days. This will include cat litter, bin bags etc. We would buy these things anyway over time so it’s not wasted money. All you can do is prepare, stock up and hope it isn’t as bad as some fear. I’m on the fence currently, but it’s wise to prepare. Doesn’t hurt and better now than when actual panic erupts.

I have a 90 day supply for my pets. This virus is artificially designed for 3 major cycles approx. 14-28 days per cycle. There is chatter that this could have a 4th cycle, but i can't confirm that yet.

edited to add: this is an intentional release of an artificial virus. This was not released by China

Holy s.

This will be debated for decades (similar to 9/11), so I am not sure we will ever really know the entire truth. Everyone is slamming my info again, and at this point, I really don't give a damn. This will all be confirmed shortly. I would assume Japan (being a first world medical country) will probably release the information first.

They've crossed the line with me as well. The insults are just too much. Time will tell who is correct on this issue.

It's too bad because I really enjoyed reading everyone's viewpoints.

top topics

<< 332  333  334    336  337  338 >>

join