It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 334
<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

You actually don't know what you are talking about... yet advocate the need to kill 2 billion people. That's frightening to me.

Resource management is the key... there are more than enough resources (on planet, in solar system) to easily support trillions, yet if greed and waste and bad allocation of resources (war), continue... then yes, we will never reach the critical population mass to develop technologies to take us further, and rather be stuck on this planet until we do encounter an extinction event that we can't handle... I think we'll pull through this particular situation even though it is both historic and horrific.
edit on 13-2-2020 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal
“I don’t think we should be planning for the onesie-twosie cases that we’ve been seeing thus far in the United States,” George said. “We have to plan for the possibility that we have thousands of cases.”

I see nothing wrong with the adage 'plan for the worst, hope for the best'.

That doesn't mean he thinks it is going to happen, it means he wants to plan for the worst case scenario - and again, nothing wrong with that.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know that, but by assuming that a cat scan tells you they have covid-19 and then treating the patient for that, if the patient has say bronchitis or pneumonia the end result of doing that would be drug resistant strains of things like pneumonia, flu etc or even covid-19 which would be a total disaster ( but I’m not a doctor and I’m just postulating an opinion)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

normally ull want a higher population as ideas come faster.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

People who talk about this kind of thing usually don't class themselves in the group to get culled.

I'm not talking about this emotionally, but from a maths and logic perspective.

If we can't keep on increasing the population then something will happen to stop it.

That is just a fact, like it or not.

I'm not speculating if it did happen who would succumb and who wouldn't, I'm simply saying at some point something will happen to reduce human numbers and this could be it.

Natures only options to fix our mess are disease, famine, or sterilisation.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

You actually don't know what you are talking about... yet advocate the need to kill 2 billion people. That's frightening to me.

Resource management is the key... there are more than enough resources (on planet, in solar system) to easily support trillions, yet if greed and waste and bad allocation of resources (war), continue... then yes, we will never reach the critical population mass to develop technologies to take us further, and rather be stuck on this planet until we do encounter an extinction event that we can't handle... I think we'll pull through this particular situation even though it is both historic and horrific.

I actually do, it's you who doesn't know what you're talking about.

"Resources in the solar system" - like what? Can you eat metal or hydrogen?

We simply cannot get to the point we'll be at in c.700 years where there is 1 person per square meter on the landmass of the earth - it is impossible, so something will happen to stop it.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 13 Feb 2020 09:12:04 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0212 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Sounds like you have little faith in the ingenuity and survivability of humanity.

We need to think creatively to better our chances, rather than giving in to some perceived inevitability.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

think ull find most disease that's known have been around for thousands of years its when it mutates
edit on 13-2-2020 by doggodlol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

Sounds like you have little faith in the ingenuity and survivability of humanity.

We need to think creatively to better our chances, rather than giving in to some perceived inevitability.

You have too much faith in wishful thinking.

You can't magic enough food and water and fish and meat to feed an extra 8 Billion people with technology.

And at 1.3% growth rate we'll have another 8 Billion people in roughly 54 years from now.
edit on -06:0020204America/ChicagoThu, 13 Feb 2020 09:15:31 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0215 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah chances are it was a garden variety cold virus. Being as we each have our own internal Flora and fauna, any time we encounter a radically different internal biome, there will be a period of adjustment. If that makes sense?

Is there a way that hubby could possibly reach out to any of the contingent he interacted with and see if perhaps they experienced a similar bout of illness?

The idea being if he caught a bug from them, maybe they likewise caught a bug from him.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
Awesome I’m so happy now then, so the new cases in London, Germany, USA are just an anomaly and it’s safe to assume the ccp line of “nothing to see here it’s all fine and nothing happened” is believeable then?

Ok, care to provide a chart showing the explosion of these new cases?

Lets see... just looking at the US, there simply has been no explosion of cases. I tried to find a chart showing the growth (dates for when the confirmed cases were reported), but it has happened extremely slowly, with ZERO appearance of 'exponential' growth.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

BREAKING: Texas reports 1st case of coronavirus, 15th in the U.S.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
First death in Japan.

www.cbc.ca...

Of note:

Health Minister Katsunobu Kato says the woman had been treated at a hospital near Tokyo since early February after developing symptoms. Her infection was confirmed after her death. 

Which means they didn’t know when she was alive that she had it? This is what I am afraid of everywhere else - that people are sick and we think it’s just a regular flu virus, cold or pneumonia. Not saying they weren’t treating her as if she was suspected of having it, but this clearly states they confirmed the infection after her death.

Also note that she was being treated since early February.
edit on 13-2-2020 by NxNWest because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2020 by NxNWest because: Added text

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Not continuing this here... don't want to derail the thread.

Just putting out there that there are paths other than depopulation, supported by quite extensive bodies of knowledge in a few different (and emerging) industries. You can either look into it, or hold onto your ghastly concept of killing billions as necessary.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
twitter.com...

MORE: The patient was among the Americans repatriated from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the new coronavirus outbreak, and had been quarantined at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.

(tennisdawg said to watch Houston TX? I see Lackland is about 3 hours away)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Regardless of what you think about this Virus, a little civility goes a long way....

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Did I say there was an explosion of cases?
If there is I haven’t heard it, but then doubt anyone would till after the fact, I said there” are new cases, “
and tbh it’s clear there’s some that have it and haven’t been located yet, but “explosion” no definetly didn’t say that.
Edit: a lack of evidence doesn’t disprove a theory either, look at the lack of verifiable figures from the ccp as an example of that.
edit on 13-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

Edit2:
the assumption that because a country has not reported or have not added figures doesn’t mean they don’t have it, only that they haven’t reported it, to assume otherwise is speculation, and in my previous post I referenced cases that have been reported and added
edit on 13-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Expanded reasoning

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 60,374 confirmed cases worldwide, including 1,367 fatalities.

And to clarify, STILL:

99% in mainland China, only 2 deaths (native Chinese from WuHan) outside China - and only 14 in the US.

99.7% cases in China.

Problem with your argument is that if spread outside of China turns out to be growing at the same rate as China, China's entire population could eventually be infected, but still, at that point, 99.7% of cases would still be in China.

You can keep stating this if you like, but I just wanted to point out how meaningless it is in case you hadn't realised how silly it makes you look.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: logicsoda

I'm unsure what you will accept as "proof." If "proof" to you is hearing the same information from CNN or ABC, why are you spending your time on ATS?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: musicismagic

Be prepared to hunker down and stay safe. I think surfaces and closely packed spaces are your biggest enemies. If you go out to shop and bring stuff in, do your best to wipe it down. Wash, wash, wash your hands and do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth.

Obviously thoroughly wash and cook everything you plan to consume.

Stay well rested to keep yourself as healthy as you can. If you get it, you should know within the first week if you will beat it on your own or not.

Good luck and Godspeed.

ありごとう けつこ

Things are going to change here tomorrow in Japan.
As stated the Japanese will start to strengthen their borders. I would think they would/should start with the ferries coming from South Korea.

If panic sets in, it will be tough for the elderly here in the big cities. Countryside not so much since we have "community feel", but sharing is caring may be lost in panic and hysteria. Will it come, we will see soon if the taxi driver spreads it more.
It was my understanding now that the 2 other people are either family members or live with the taxi driver. I didn't post that because apparently it was in the update at 10 pm. Their work places were not disclosed. I see a chain reaction happening soon. What do you think?

For those that missed the thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

じゃね

top topics

<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join