It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 316
<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: Necrose
So if I had to guess, today’s spike is a one-off to include all clinical diagnoses that occurred at any time prior to today and all deaths that resulted from a clinical diagnosis.

DAB ON THEM HATERZ

So.. does bolding your stuff in a larger font make it more impressive or important? Just curious.

Yes
edit on 12-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

THEY FEEL EMBOLDENED

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well crap.. I should totally start emboldening my text. And get an avatar finally.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
How one uses a record with data elements that contain unknown or missing values can distort your results. Assuming they are using an electronic health record which, if they are there there is no way they can be current, how the handle these records can distort aggregated counts. If your report is only a percent distribution the unknown records may not be material. For example, let's say they are coding the cause of death using ICD 10. If my select statement only pulls those records that exactly match the ICD 10 codes I choose any miscoded diagnosis will not be selected. More than likely the coders and the data person are not talking. My report is accurate but worthless. If no one checks for reasonableness or validates it with other sources the report will always be suspect.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

So if I had to guess, today’s spike is a one-off to include all clinical diagnoses that occurred at any time prior to today and all deaths that resulted from a clinical diagnosis.

DAB ON THEM HATERZ

So.. does bolding your stuff in a larger font make it more impressive or important? Just curious.

Yes

Oh for crying out loud,

For weeks now you have been screaming from the mountaintop pedestal from which you stand upon, screaming how it isn't that bad and it's getting better, and the math confirms it, that it is overblown, yadda, yadda.

Weeks later the death toll, infected, and crazy news is still climbing and escalating to all time highs.

People are still on quarantine, and businesses are still closed. The crap is still spreading, even if slowly, around the world.

Just friggin stop it already.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cmajlz

How would the PTB hide an epidemic if it was already in America, I guess you would say that it was just the Flu? funny that the amount of Flu cases in America is getting rather high it might just be seasonal but since this is a conspiracy site check this vid out. It wont embed so use this www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

edit on 12-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: kwakakev

Really those drones look like a nightmare from the terminator or something.

I just hope not to hear that "they" decided that the only way this virus can be beaten is by implementing that AI network that has been developed under wraps and engaged in all of the drones. Trust us, we tested it thoroughly!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: DDAY228
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Don’t disagree,

So does this mean all previous death totals were inaccurate and need revising ....?

Well, I'd argue that was obvious for a couple of weeks now. I doubt the 242 number today, frankly. I'm not going to say Beijing is even remotely aware of how many deaths they've had. I fear the clean up of dead who are presently behind closed doors will be staggering.

My thoughts are mutual on that. I can't even imagine the slum populations alone in each of those mega cities. Knowing how the CCP runs things they'll just napalm the slums, not even bother counting, pour concrete over it, problem solved. Worse case scenario but I wouldn't put the idea off their draconian thinking options.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Cmajlz

How would the PTB hide an epidemic if it was already in America, I guess you would say that it was just the Flu? funny that the amount of Flu cases in America is getting rather high it might just be seasonal but since this is a conspiracy site check this vid out. It wont embed so use this www.youtube.com...

Here...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It is driven by the ICD 10 code for the virus. If the WHO didn't release a code until mid January what misdiagnosis based criteria was used and did everyone pulling the data use the same criteria. In this crisis situation getting useable data is on the bottom of the totem pole. Plus training all staff on the recent changes isn't going to happen. If it is left to me I am only going to report the data that contains no errors because I can confirm that. I'll leave it for the epis to come behind and make decision s on how to clean the data. I am sure data are getting entered days late or not getting entered at all or having high Data entry errors. Data is the lowest priority when lives are at stake. You just don't pull someone of the street and say here go enter data and expect it to be good it's a skill that takes time to develop and you have to know your data. Im believe the reports coming out are as much as a result of system failure as it is an attempt to make the results look good and I lean more towards system failure.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Let's see if asking the toddler to stop putting the playdough in his mouth will work.

Oh no there goes the little hand to the mouth again.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Again, posted earlier this. Xi has told people to start going back to work. The areas that are asked to go back to work in ( on TV here this morning were NOT revealed ) Maybe the one member who reports on China here can fill us in on that.

So with all the bad news, finally some good news is coming in from Xi. I don't know if his announcement was this morning or late last night.

Also Japan has decided to send in a 5th flight to get some more Japanese out of the country.
edit on 0200000052412020-02-12T19:41:52-06:00415202pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So, this is something that has been bothering me after I looked up the Ontario (Canada) Provincial government’s direction to care practitioners as to who should be tested. Essentially, the criteria for testing was if someone showed symptoms and recently returned from the Wuhan area, or showed symptoms and had been in close contact with someone from Wuhan, or showed symptoms and was in close contact with someone who had also tested positive.

This, to me, did not account for any other situation (e.g. someone was not showing symptoms and had been on a train and infected a fellow passenger. If that passenger presented to medical professionals, they would have been sent home with a diagnosis of the flu likely (unless they were in rough enough shape to be hospitalized). They wouldn’t be tested as they didn’t meet the criteria if I am understanding it correctly.

We just had an article come out saying the criteria has been expanded to include recent travel to China.

Of interest is the comment:

More and more, doctors are asking for patients to be tested who don’t strictly meet the case definition of symptoms plus recent travel to the affected area

I am not at all confident that our official numbers here in Canada are correct as a result of these restrictive criteria. To me, there could be more people in the population who have the virus, we just don’t know. It’s possibly akin to the classification situation we may be seeing now with China.

www.google.ca...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
So they just reported more new cases in one day than SARS had in its entirety in 8 months...by almost double

A point of note in their CT method for diagnosis...that implies these cases are severe enough for clinical diagnosis via lung imaging

We are now over 60k cases with over 8000 listed as serious/critical. Over 13% of all reported confirmed cases are “critical”

edit on 12-2-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

Link ?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: fleabit

THEY FEEL EMBOLDENED

????

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

It's all in how the government wants to define the problem.. Local may not agree with regional who may not agree with federal level. These discussions do not involve the data people on whom ot will fall to extract the data. Any footnotes the data person adds will disappear as the results go up the line where they will aggregate data which to them appears to be consistent but is far from it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Link ?

A link to? I was just using links provided by others

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Just to where you got the numbers from.

new topics

top topics

<< 313  314  315    317  318  319 >>

join