It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 304
<< 301  302  303    305  306  307 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

What do they base this on?

I thought they never left Beijing.

It is possible that Wuhan has crested the wave, but I would expect other places are just heating up.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: ARM1968
Still in ICU mate. So you going to put up or shut up - as you suggested?

I pointed out one is very old, and the others over 50 and likely with compromised immune systems due to their country of origin (Bangladesh), but already admitted you were right that there are 3.

I then asked what percentage of that was of the total in the rest of the world.

I still maintain that this is such an extremely low number as to be statistically insignificant.

Ahh, not as good as your word then. I see. You will find victims in a serious condition in Japan also. And whilst I can agree that some have ore existing conditions, how many people in the western world HAVE pre existing conditions? Probably a third to half the population in some countries. So not great.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Think you can reference that back to mr super spreader!, he traveled back to Brighton via gatwick (I think posted it earlier) while infectious!😬

edit : Posted on page 300 re super spreader travel
edit on 12-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Link to previous post

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

The problem would be if it start spreading, here in the Uk at least, that every winter our hospitals barely cope anyway and this has been happening for years.

So IF you suddenly start adding 1000's on top we would be overwhelmed in days.

link   

We get the bills. You get the taxes.

link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
London 1st confirmed case
London confirms its first case of cononavirus

f7td5.app.goo.gl...

Sent via @updayUK

Hmmm that was a link from The Guardian, wtf?

Chinese national, so possibly imported rather than local transmission, but caught too late to matter really. This is big news for UK. Horse, bolted.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko
well the numbers are going down in China, if they're basing it on the "no symptoms, no count" method of keeping count

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
WHO have just made some announcements...I watched it on Sky News......one thing....they say the figures in China are going down!!!

They are sending masks, test kits etc out to various countries.

Sorry I have no link as it was live and a link to it is not available yet.

Rainbows
Jane

Yes, they are going down, because no one is leaving their home and the ones that are, get taken off into black holes.

The numbers WILL go down, now or in the future. That's how this all works and the goal of the quanrantine.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

it's like, "if we don't want to count you we won't" system of tracking the #'s, I suspect it's very accurate

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Agreed, think that goes for most of the eu as well tbh

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

What is your issue?

With any heart/lung/pulmonary type pre-existing, ANY form of respiratory infection can be extremely problematic.

You are being disingenuous in the extreme here. These patients would be similarly at risk from the freakin' flu and you know it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What do they base this on?

I thought they never left Beijing.

It is possible that Wuhan has crested the wave, but I would expect other places are just heating up.

No idea Ket, it was on in the background while I was typing up some notes. Sorry

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Another analogy related to health.

There was a study done years ago as to why middle aged white women seem to have more cases of breast cancer per capita vs undeveloped countries.

Turns out, they found in their results that testing and screening in those in the developed world were much greater at detecting. So it turns out that the whole thing is fubar if we aren’t using the same baseline in healthcare.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

Any epidemic will burn out eventually. Not everyone will get it. It reaches a point where it just spreads less and less.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Case no 9 confirmed in UK - in London - the most overpopulated city in the enitre country.

If they've been using the tube etc it's game over for us.
edit on -06:0020203America/ChicagoWed, 12 Feb 2020 12:57:29 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0257 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yep, if you don’t count any patients, you have nothing to hide as info doesn’t exist

a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right, I'm hoping that is case in China, but with recent way of counting cases change, makes you wonder if it's really peaked yet, or just made to look that way

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Wasn't blaming you. It was just the last info we had.

I said we'd know how serious they think it is based on their actions? Well if all they did was hang in Beijing and not study a damn thing. Then it's not an "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die" type scenario is it? They aren't acting that way.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

honestly if they aren't vomiting blood I wouldn't count them

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
I don't know what page taanstaf commented that so I'm replying to you..... I guess they didn't see this

www.miamiherald.com...

About military quarantine centers.

These are simply quarantine centers, to be used if needed.

What does that have to do with whether or not there are any serious illnesses, here, right now? Nothing.

top topics

<< 301  302  303    305  306  307 >>

join