It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 306
<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Border Patrol finds dead birds in bags from a passenger from Beijing.

A bag of dead birds was discovered by US Customs and Border Patrol in the luggage of a passenger who traveled from China to a Washington, DC-area airport, authorities said.
The dead birds were packaged in a bag that had cartoon images of a dog and cat, US Customs said in a statement. Workers from the agency seized the birds at Dulles Airport near Washington on Jan. 27 from a passenger arriving from Beijing.

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Sorry had to laugh, who gets killed getting out of bed 😂😂😂

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You mean to tell me they reused a take out bag?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24942161]Arnie123[/

DP
edit on 12-2-2020 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Coronavirus: India To Investigate Wuhan Institute Of Virology

The Indian government has ordered an inquiry into a study conducted in the Northeastern state of Nagaland (close to China) by researchers from the U.S., China and India on bats and humans carrying antibodies to deadly viruses like Ebola, officials confirmed to The Hindu.

The study came under the scanner as two of the 12 researchers belonged to the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s Department of Emerging Infectious Diseases, and it was funded by the United States Department of Defense’s Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). They would have required special permissions as foreign entities.

Indian military believes that the U.S. Center for Disease Control in Atlanta was involved in the 1994 plague in the Indian city of Surat which killed 52 people and close to a quarter of the city’s citizens fled the area for fear of being quarantined. Even the origin of 1994 plague is mired in controversy to this day.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Apparently it was for “pet food” the bag had cute little cat and dog on it , make you own conclusions there

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28

Sorry had to laugh, who gets killed getting out of bed 😂😂😂

HEY - some people do, there's an actual statistic for it!

c.450 people a year in the US alone die geting out of bed each year.

wuflu - pah - it's nothing compared ot getting up in the morning.
edit on -06:0020203America/ChicagoWed, 12 Feb 2020 13:48:46 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0248 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Natures way of thinning the heard that one 🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Power_Semi
But it doesn't bear out at all does it?

Scout master infects 11+ people by himself.

People on diamond princess - 50% ish of people tested so far have it.

If it wasn't contageous it wouldn't be spreading.

Those were all close quarters/prolonged contact. Any corona type virus (l;ike the flu) will spread under such circumstances.

But there is no wildfire out of control spreading in thge USA, the UK, or other places... yet.

Is there?

And before you say it - you don't get 1 person on a ship with athletes foor, and 2 weeks later 200 people have it too.

Athletes foot? No. Influenza? Yes, very possibly.

It's clearly highly communicable,

No more so that ordinary influenza.

the only question is how deadly is it?

Agreed.

Oh Lord, maths again for the unedified.

I can imagine in China, Mr Woo goes to see President Xi.

"President Xi, we have a viral outbreak that could be really bad".

Pres Xi: "How bad is it - how many are infected?"

Woo - "8"

Xi - "you takin da piss bro?"

Woo - "no I think it's really bad"

Xi - "* is nothing out of 1.4 Billion, why don't you know more people are killed by the flu each year, or just getting out of bed".

Woo - "yes but it's increased from last week."

Xi - " how many last week?"

Woo - "7"

Xi - " say whaaaaat brudda?! You got da heebee jeebeez?"

Woo - it's exponential"

Xi - "expo wat digga? - wat yo talking about?"

Woo - "by my projections next we'll have 9 or maybe 10"

Xi - "guards - take dis dubba and thrash dis fool to wibbin an inch o his life".

Woo - " But president Xi, this is serious"

Xi - "behave yo self bubba, if dis wuz serious we'd have more dan 8 peoples diggin da virus - you catch my drift?"

Woo - "God you're a dummy - see where we are in 2 months"

Xi - "If we is in trubble by den I wuz eats ma bats widdout da sauce mudda chubba."

2 months later - Xi - "well geeez wiiiz I wud a nebba tort dat dis cud get so bad. Wheres Woo."

Guards - "he biz ded boss man, cuz you sed he biz da bad man".

Next week on soap, how Xi still stuck his head up his ass and allowed it to spread even further.

Da da dada da dada da... etc.

I vote all updates now be given in this fashion. Eastenders tune at the end optional

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for your thoughts and insight.
Thank you for your reply.

I tend to think of it as a slow burn actually...
Say about 50 minutes give or take

edit on 12-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
China Hasn’t Given CDC Access to ‘Direct Data’ From Coronavirus Outbreak

The United States has not received “direct data” from the outbreak of the new coronavirus from Chinese authorities, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Wednesday.

Chinese officials also have not allowed American experts into the country to help investigate the outbreak, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters in a phone call.

Asked about the information being sent over by China, Messonnier said that there has been more data coming out when compared to the beginning of the outbreak, which was reported to have started in December 2019 in the city of Wuhan.

But the direct data has still not been made available to American experts, Messonnier said.

“Seeing a graph somebody else produced is never as good as seeing the data itself,” she said. “CDC staff themselves haven’t yet gained access to the direct data. We continue to be hopeful that we’ll be invited to do that.”

www.theepochtimes.com...
edit on 12-2-2020 by GoldGlobal because: link added

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman
a reply to: Arnie123

You mean to tell me they reused a take out bag?

😂 ye, food for the dog apparently.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

sanction them

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaverickLRD
Beginning to wonder when risk assessment will truly begin stateside...I work in the medical field, I’m in hospital laboratories daily, I’ve been a microbiologist I’m on domestic flights weekly...and yet I don’t see my peers or other medical professionals even giving it a second thought yet. In casual conversation some workers have expressed concern, but think that the media is over hyping things
Local stores have sold out of surgical masks, but n95s are still around (back asswards) although stores are out of masks, no one seems to be wearing any
At the airports i could count on one hand the number of people wearing any type of face mask, so it doesn’t seem there’s been much panic catching on yet
The facilities I’ve gone haven’t had additional measures other than typical flu warnings that are around every flu season

Just wanted to chime in with what I’ve been able to absorb visually over the last 2 weeks in my area

OK, maybe I am just dumb and missing obvious clues, but how the heck am I supposed to know where "local" and "my area" is to you? Not trying to single you out, as I am seeing a LOT of this, and it just came to a head in my brain right at this moment. People talking about what is going on in their local area, yet nothing showing in their profile concerning where they are located. Sure, sometimes clues are given in context of the posts, but jiminy chistmas, give me a break, please! Would it be too much to ask that people fill out their location profile field so we all KNOW what the local conditions are that you are referring to?

Sorry, but I think this is important. I, for one, am watching carefully to see conditions around the world, and in particular when the pandemic "fire" might be getting close to MY locality. So I can make rational decisions about what seems to be best to do as a countermeasure. There aren't many legitimate and trustworthy sources available for that kind of information. At least that I know of.

PLEASE???

Anyway, just a frustrated suggestion....

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Hardly going to give someone there in a trade war with data that tells them how there workforce has been affected

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28 and toysforadults

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
"Just got lazy"

That's an honest answer. Thank you, I can respect that.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Hence why our people should be busting their asses to get over to Japan and start work on the Diamond Princess. It ain't China, but it's as close an analog as they're going to get.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
why hasn't this problem been solved yet

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The CDC is preparing for the new coronavirus, which has killed at least 1,115 and sickened more than 45,000 worldwide, to "take a foothold in the U.S."
"At some point, we are likely to see community spread in the U.S. or in other countries," said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. Found on CNBC.com.
edit on 12-2-2020 by armakirais because: Giving right link

new topics

top topics

<< 303  304  305    307  308  309 >>

join