It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey
Oxford

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

Maybe China doesn't want to give the US any advantages on getting ahead of this thing...

If this was a project initially talked about between India,USA and China...maybe China is afraid if they gave us the samples we would know exactly what they have done?

Just thinking out loud

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: armakirais
The CDC is preparing for the new coronavirus, which has killed at least 1,115 and sickened more than 45,000 worldwide, to "take a foothold in the U.S."
"At some point, we are likely to see community spread in the U.S. or in other countries," said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. Found on CNBC.com.

Realistically, they should have been prepared for something like this all along. This has been a possibility that has been known ever since the Spanish Flu outbreak was cracked as being what it was.

There is simply no excuse.

It's like knowing what a direct hit from a large hurricane could do to the levee system in NOLA and still not being ready for what it actually happened! WTF?

Here we see a possible hurricane that may or may not hit. I'd say we're very much in hurricane watch, and *now* they're saying, "Oh, we better prepare those levees ..."

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was expecting to see higher numbers outside the containments zone by now,possibly good news
but i suspect we are being misled.
what i would really like to see is an interview with a 'cured patient,any links would be very much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: armakirais
The CDC is preparing for the new coronavirus, which has killed at least 1,115 and sickened more than 45,000 worldwide, to "take a foothold in the U.S."
"At some point, we are likely to see community spread in the U.S. or in other countries," said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. Found on CNBC.com.

It's like knowing what a direct hit from a large hurricane could do to the levee system in NOLA and still not being ready for what it actually happened!

There was a consulting firm that had said the levees were fine in New Orleans before the hurricane hit. My wife at the time worked for the consulting firm in question.

So, who you gonna listen to? People who say it's a nothing burger or that common sense voice telling you to prepare just in case?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't know about this claim but was interesting read.

The National Health Federation

While laboratories around the World are racing to develop a safe and effective vaccine against the mutated Coronavirus, now known as 2019-nCor, which is said to have killed hundreds, and with rumors Chinese health authorities are hiding more dead bodies underneath the floor boards of their newly constructed coronavirus hospitals, there is already a non-vaccine cure.

Inovio Pharmaceuticals, once they received the virus sequence from China, they created a vaccine design in 3 hours.

Inovio background:
www.youtube.com...

Inovio’s stock soars after receiving grant to develop coronavirus vaccine.
Inovio gets a $9 million CEPI grant; Co-Diagnostics stock surges as company is readying a screening test if needed.
MarketWatch

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I absolutely agree with you

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator

originally posted by: QuantumDisciple
Spring is coming. Has anyone answered if this can be spread by mosquitoes?

But, it won't matter, because (obviously) ....

Trump Claims Coronavirus Will "Miraculously" Go Away by April

How sad for him to think that. I guess his friends on Wall Street now can sell their stocks, maybe not at a premium, but more likely now to be traded .

I really can't believe he said such a stupid thing. I've always said, politicians are full of trickery.

That article seems to be decidedly anti-Trump. This other article seems to have a slightly more realistic twist to the statements made.

fox5sandiego.com...

VanityFair seems to have neglected Trump's saying "in theory" and "I hope that's true."

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

No one ever said I wasn't preparing in case I need to do something, but I am not playing doom crier about it either.

Right now, the doom stories don't match what we're seeing in what has leaked outside of China leading me to believe there are other factors at work there making things worse that we don't know about.

None of that means there isn't a shoe waiting to drop, but if I really and truly felt we were all clear, I wouldn't still be in this thread keeping a close eye on things.

But we are very, very far from doom at the moment. People need to understand that.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
I was expecting to see higher numbers outside the containments zone by now,possibly good news
but i suspect we are being misled.
what i would really like to see is an interview with a 'cured patient,any links would be very much appreciated.

There was an interview with a women who was pulled off the Diamond Princess who says she was floored she'd tested positive. She's in quarantine in a Japanese hospital and wondering when she'll get to leave. It was on MSN yesterday. Her husband was sharing her space on the ship and tested negative.

The man in Washington state was released home on his own recognizance to self-isolation. Whether or not that means he was testing clear, I'd say maybe not, but he was apparently clear of any overt illness.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Professor Neil Ferguson of Imperial College London: China is "only detecting probably 5% of cases...so I think it's misleading to look at the Chinese case numbers."
"He feels we’re in the “early phases of a global pandemic”
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

getting his temperature taken

so how does getting your temperature taken mean anything when you can carry the virus for 24 days without showing any symptoms?

does anybody else not see this as completely ridiculous? wtf is going on here?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner

originally posted by: MaverickLRD

originally posted by: logicsoda

originally posted by: sean
The incubation period is what makes this virus lethal. Each carrier infected without symptoms can just keep on spreading. Each person sick can last a week or more till fever breaks. Already have doctors getting sick and dying. A mask is just not good enough. Just so happens to be a level 4 bio lab in Wuhan and what are they cooking up down there? If that is where it came from then they are in some deep sh!t and infected themselves. No wonder they want to lie and keep it secret. How does a virus like that get out of lvl 4? Obviously a major failure in protocols.

In a way I am not surprised. I have been in lvl 3 and 4 containment area's and my duty was to enforce the protocols and constantly made sure that the equipment was tested, logged, tagged, bagged etc. A lot of the workers were foreigner Asian and I was constantly busting them for not following protocol. Even the "Smart" ones educated & schooled with degrees working in the labs still consciously breaking rules. Maybe 1-2 Caucasian American's might have accidentally done something wrong the entire time I was working there. That's what I saw from my observation anyway. I had one guy run past me in clothes not even suited up and then try to come back out because he forgot like a wallet or something. You can guess what happen to that guy. They just hated having to gown up I guess, they picked the wrong field to be in if that is the case. That guy was fired for sure and ID revoked. Never seen him working there again. I am sure my reports had a lot to do with it
I had to that was my job.

Usually everything is running normal. However, there is those times the crazy train goes off the rail and you got yellow, blue, red, white flashers and sirens going off all over the place and I got to run and fully suit up, full face mask with vox, air tank, whole 9 yards. There is chemicals and gasses stuff in there that will happily kill you in a matter of seconds with the most agonizing death you could possibly imagine.

It's not just following gowning protocols, it's the containment equipment that has to be perfect and routinely checked, service dates etc. In some cases your safety suit serves no purpose with the really bad stuff like having a lethal dose of radiation. Your badges starts to turn dark or black you're a dead man walking if not dead already. The Chinese are a great people, but they got some sloppy quality control. Cheap labor paying some poor person a crappy wage who cares little about quality and health and well being even for his/herself. You can put a lot of the blame on the companies. If you made such a cheap wage you wouldn't care much about your job either. So all and all this is the sort of thing that happens as the result.

We have no evidence that this came from a bio lab and lots that it came from the seafood market. Don't let your imagination run too wild.

I haven’t seen any proof regarding it originating from the market. Any suggestions where to look? I’ve seen that it’s originated in Wuhan but no pinpoint as to where patient zero contracted it

– Notably, the first three known cases from early December had no contact with that market, and roughly one-third of the initial exposed cohort had no direct ties to Wusan’s wild meat market, the original presumptive source of the virus.

– Following the aforementioned bat coronavirus bio-engineering research that was critiqued for being too risky in 2015, in the paper from UNC eventually published the next year that describing their successful bio-engineering of a highly-virulent coronavirus derived from bats, researcher #8 is listed as one “Zheng-li Shi” attached to the “Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China.”

– Scientists have expressed concern about China’s ability to safely monitor this BSL-4 lab in Wuhan since it opened in 2017: “an open culture is important to keeping BSL-4 labs safe, and he questions how easy this will be in China, where society emphasizes hierarchy. ‘Diversity of viewpoint, flat structures where everyone feels free to speak up and openness of information are important.'” This lab is at most 20 miles from the wet market where the virus had been assumed to have jumped from animal to human. However the idea that a Chinese lab could have a viral sample escape is well-documented – as mentioned, one lab in Beijing has had four separate incidents of the SARS virus leaking out accidentally.

Source[/qu ote]

Why are these dangerous labs put so close to population centers in the first place? Perhaps some changes need to be made. Like put the labs on the moon, or at least some deserted island that can be nuked if things go cockeyed. Maybe or maybe not this all came from an accidental release. But at the very lease, no one can say it is impossible, can they? Which means, it could happen again. Do we all want this sword constantly hanging over our heads?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
www.cnn.com...

getting his temperature taken

so how does getting your temperature taken mean anything when you can carry the virus for 24 days without showing any symptoms?

does anybody else not see this as completely ridiculous? wtf is going on here?

Also read plenty of cases where fever was not an early symptom and only came on much later when they went downhill.
edit on 12-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Don’t think there’s any, except the U.K. super spreader and that’s an iffy story tbh

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

so how does checking peoples temperature at check points and travel destinations do anything?

what a complete waste of time

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
a reply to: logicsoda

Anyways, they could find the list of people who work in those labs and cross check with the list of those reported sick.

I would suspect that many of those people might already have had a visit to the local crematorium. Especially if the CCP KNOWS they are responsible.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Brother in law is in the Met. They have been told nothing as yet. Only to stay 2m away from any infected.

When he gets told to start rounding people up I will start getting worried!
edit on 12-2-2020 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

so how does checking peoples temperature at check points and travel destinations do anything?

what a complete waste of time

It helps spread it as far as I have seen. Seen so many videos of people getting their temperature taken by having a digital thermometer pressed to their head, then straight onto the next person. I believe the device is not supposed to touch you.

link   
Roughly 160 million people are expected to travel back to their work places over the next week, usually from rural areas or small towns to bigger cities, according to Xu Yahua, an official from the Ministry of Transportation.1 day ago

Guess time will tell!!!!

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join