It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 177
<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 37,552 confirmed cases worldwide, including 813 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This was posted by David Abel on of the UK residents on the Diamond Princess about
630pm eat

Sunday 9th February. 8am.

Japanese media TBS interviewed multiple sources from the Japanese gov and confirmed that the United States has let Japan know that it wants to repatriate 428 US citizens from the cruise ship Princess Diamond. The current plan is to bring passengers to US military bases in Japan directly to prevent them from entering Japan's land. The Japanese government is still considering how to make it happen properly.
Source: Japanese News Agency

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Brick17

Building on your observations, and using celty’s post about it being in aerosol form; can anyone explain why all the talk of masks N95 or otherwise should be a thing?

What I’m saying is everyone everywhere is wearing these things but the eyes are completely exposed. If it can be in aerosol form, is that only in reference if it was to be actually dispersed military, or are those droplets suspended in the air possibly just distributed from sneezing/coughing?

Eyes should be protected too. Goggles preferably, especially if it is as airborne as suggested (unconfirmed rumour as far as I'm aware), but at least specs will help prevent you touching your eyes. A Chinese expert was visiting Wuhan hospitals and became infected, he suggests it must have been through his eyes.

Added detail: Just for clarification, of course it's airbourne, a cough/sneeze and it is airbourne, but airbourne like measles? This is the rumour.

Hey! Many thanks for pointing the "eyes" should be protected. Sad to say, but people are not taking that seriously at the moment. Many of my post has said "WEAR EYE PROTECTION" . It really is important.
I also mention the "sneeze" travels 3 meters/1 foot. This was shown on national tv by using a special type of camera. It is being said that if you plan to be around people , try to wear a mask, but check with the health officials on the mask/virus deal. I'll have to remain quiet on that one.
Again, thanks for the "eye" protection awareness. Also, you'll be seeing many smart people wearing gloves while pumping gas.
I mentioned about "toilets", what is your take on public toilets at the moment.

Thanks!

I hear talk of public toilets and I say no way. I live in the middle of nowhere though so I will go in the hedge! This isn't an option for many though so I really don't know what to say. If you can smell it, that's a particle going up your nose. Wear protection, don't splash?! I really would just avoid if at all possible.

Yes gloves too. I already have disinfectant in my car, not wearing gloves yet.Tend to disinfect before leaving the car and on re-entry. My thought is that by disinfecting first I might kill any nasties as soon as I touch them... Bit of a stretch.

Also need to think about decontamination before entering home.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 37,552 confirmed cases worldwide, including 813 fatalities.

I believe this number of deaths takes it past SARS.

One thing we can say for certain is.....ATS is not allowed in China . Imagine if we could hear from anyone at ground zero .

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It’s just the flu, family resists going to quarantine, was posted to WeChat earlier.

Twitter

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
This is when I wonder if all these governments AND ORGANIZATIONS LIKE THE U.N, W.H.O AND THE C.D.C ARE LITERALLY a facade or illusion of control. As some of us have said many times ago, the closest comparison to this outbreak we have is Spanish flu. China, well the truth is revealing itself in China, looks like the sick are getting gathered up forcefully and being sent to isolation with other suspected sick or really sick, they will all be sick in the end 🤷‍♂️. China, is getting allot of international pressure, to get BACK TO WORK!!

At this point I am pretty confident that these crazy governments are considering lifting the quarantined in China to get them back to work, and get their economy back in production, REGARDLESS of this virus. I also am beginning to think these other world governments will support China’s decision....

China, will proclaim they tried but its to late and oh boy the pandemic will escalate quick.

I am not sure what to think about it, but I am beginning to think China is contemplating these, because there are international businesses begging china to get back to work.. the world revolves around money.

Over and out.

Why bother? I guess I am probably not alone in thinking that no way in hell I'm going to be buying anything that might even remotely be originating in China right now. It would be all the same to me if the USA blocks imports of EVERYTHING from China for a while. Seeing how China treats their own people, does anyone think they really give a damn about Americans or anyone else? IMHO.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Oppenheimer67nuh-uh

Clearly it was stated N95 blocks (I’m gonna botch it) .03 Microns, and this virus is like .02 or something. The actual listing was way way back. But F all if it’s totally absorbed by mucous membranes in the tear ducts and eyes....?

Edit. I’m staying home, staying off swing sets and not going to bars for Feb. you and yours do you and stay safe ATS

Study showing effectiveness of N95 for capturing viruses. They are effective.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

You are right viruses are very small. I haven't got time to read the paper right now but I believe the reason they work is that viruses don't float about on their own, they are attached to 'particle' such as droplets of water. Don't hold me to that it's a while since I've read into it. This allows them to be captured. I wouldn't trust lower than N95 or equivalent though.

Yes you should wear glasses too (to at least deter you from touching your eyes), goggles ideally.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

From what I read since SARS you are correct. In China we always kept N95s around coz pollution and viruses.

The odd thing is they keep saying in humid environments this virus doesn’t do well.

I still thinks it’s spreading by aerosol and now CCP has said that directly. This means we should continue to see numbers outside China go up.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Foxconn not able to reopen Shenzhen and Guangdong factories on 10th per CCP health authorities.

Macrumors

That’s gonna hurt.

Yup, especially bad for Apple's AirPods, they are selling like bananas

Some iPhone models production probably affected a little as well

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

From what I read since SARS you are correct. In China we always kept N95s around coz pollution and viruses.

The odd thing is they keep saying in humid environments this virus doesn’t do well.

I still thinks it’s spreading by aerosol and now CCP has said that directly. This means we should continue to see numbers outside China go up.

'Aerosol' is a bit ambiguous. I didn't like that rumour because it made out 'aerosol' is a new way of transmission. This is not true. Aerosol is most often used to describe sneeze and cough. Just another form of airborne. The type of airborne described in the rumour is possible, see measles. That would be terrifying. But when they described it as aerosol I smelled a rat.

I must admit though, seeing those videos of the spraying in China, I did at the time think it looked almost like they were trying to disinfect the air itself.

The humid environment thing I have seen research to suggest Influenza is less contagious in high humidity environments. I've not read it, but yeah, to me it was counter-intuitive.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

More than a little, latest models usually made exclusively in Shenzhen until they ramp for next model. Then they shift to Chongqing and Zhengzhou.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. I’m not talking about effectiveness vs. viruses. I’m talking about this one.

Do these masks work vs This One in particular?

edit on 8-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Grammar FTW

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This doesn't sound good:

www.cbc.ca...

Chinese patients in a Zambian hospital who showed up with coughs and fevers did not get placed in isolation. They recovered, were given antibiotics, and sent home. They did not get tested for the coronavirus. And now the doctor that treated them has fallen ill and not shown up for work in the past week.

Chinese companies operate mines in Zambia and one company is headquartered in Wuhan and hundreds of workers have traveled to and from China.

I have a sinking feeling this is going to get out of control. They don't have the resources to contain an outbreak and things can go bad very quickly.

These health workers have been ordered not to speak publicly about the virus that has killed *hundreds* around the world.
edit on 8-2-2020 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Brick17

Building on your observations, and using celty’s post about it being in aerosol form; can anyone explain why all the talk of masks N95 or otherwise should be a thing?

What I’m saying is everyone everywhere is wearing these things but the eyes are completely exposed. If it can be in aerosol form, is that only in reference if it was to be actually dispersed military, or are those droplets suspended in the air possibly just distributed from sneezing/coughing?

As I see we have two things to worry about. Contact hazard and inhalation hazard. Contact from anything you touch or have been wearing externally. Inhalation through breathing. Both of which might result in an ingestion hazard (touching food etc).

This seems to be biological so thinking of a biological attack delivery method this would usually be by vapour, aerosol or contaminated earth/dust etc. In this scenario contaminated dust could be from any substance like powder that gets infected or ash/dust from burning bodies or clothing or items. Vapour from evaporating substances (but that would be more chemical if I remember). Aerosol is deliberate. But in this scenario something carried in the wind, I'd imagine it would have to be large in quantity. I can't imagine it travelling like that from exhaled lungs from living people. Not a medical person, I only know how to identify types of attack and respond appropriately.

Contact hazard can be cancelled out by good decon drills and the right kit. So as to stop or limit the absorption through the skim. Inhalation comes down to level of the threat. In this case method of transfer. I don't believe it is carrying in the air for up to 13km (if it is we are fooked and full dress state it is), where is the reputable source for that? Biological attacks are difficult to deliver and don't linger or last as long as chemical or radiological. For that reason it isn't the best choice to deliver a battlefield CBRN attack (unless you wanted it to clear up quickly afterwar,da with minimal residue). But if you wanted to use a disease as a weapon, like a virus, and deliver that as an attack in order for it to spread from person to person, it would be a good choice.

It no doubt travels from person to person in an aerosol form by way of droplets within close probity to another person or when coughing etc. I don't believe it's wafting about in the air for about 13km. It that were the case I would say it isn't natural and neither a small amount.

I'm not a science person or med person. But maybe there is a reason why the Chiense are delivering aerosol decon in the city, air particles vs air density, forcing the hazard to ground level, I don't know. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

The PLO soldier didn't have his NBC kit on, no respirator. So his brief and orders are the inhalation hazard does not pose that type of threat. That's a good sign. Assuming we know every thing we can at the moment about the virus and he has been give a brief.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Nope. In no way was I wrong about they meaning different things.

Tomayto, tohmahtoe

Ie: airborne is carried by the air

Aerosol: dispersed by a fog or cloud

So while , yes they are similar, they do imply different things at different times for different reasons.

* I like dictionaries, what can I say?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Harbin, that’s way up in northeastern corner of China. Wow virus all the way up there. Not good. Police use cars to block people in.

Twitter

Himalaya Global, good source and I can confirm these usually using WeChat. Hangzhou very near Shanghai under quarantine,

Twitter

Epoch Times Corona Virus Page has regular good updates, France just closed 2 schools

Epoch Times

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

May I ask what you make of the oddity of “humid environs”? Like why do you find that odd?

I see why it might live longer at lower humidity/lower temps, but again with little knowledge of microbiology and scant scientific info or reference.... why do you find this odd?

Just curious

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

According to reports the virus doesn’t do well or spread as quickly in humid climate.

I would think humidity would help the virus spread faster because it has small water droplets to bind to and float around.

Like you not a science dude unless you count IT or running/obstacle course racing as science.

edit on 8-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
Evidence to suggest tests may give false negatives 50-70% of the time

www.yicai.com...

"Not all patients can detect nucleic acid positives. For patients who are really infected with the new type of coronavirus, there are only The positive rate is 30% to 50%."

Excuse the dodgy translation

Which likely means the only truly accurate test is the subject coming out clean from the quarantine period. And I'm not really sure anyone knows exactly how long that needs to be.

Then for those that fail this test, the next test is to live long enough to be considered as "recovered".

But does "recovered" mean "permanently non-infectious"? I don't think anyone really knows the absolute answer to that one neither.

Lovely.....

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Don't they have Ebola in the DRC right now? There is also another mystery illness going around in Nigeria. That whole area is another perfect storm waiting to happen.

edit on 8-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 174  175  176    178  179  180 >>

join