It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 176
<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Chinese citizens don’t need cash. They can freely move money from bank to WeChat pay over internet. WeChat pay and other digital pay apps are mandated as legal by govt in China. Not many people in China carry cash these days in cities.

I stopped carrying cash in 2016 and did so through July 2019 when I moved back.

edit on 8-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Correction

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Brick17

Building on your observations, and using celty’s post about it being in aerosol form; can anyone explain why all the talk of masks N95 or otherwise should be a thing?

What I’m saying is everyone everywhere is wearing these things but the eyes are completely exposed. If it can be in aerosol form, is that only in reference if it was to be actually dispersed military, or are those droplets suspended in the air possibly just distributed from sneezing/coughing?

Eyes should be protected too. Goggles preferably, especially if it is as airborne as suggested (unconfirmed rumour as far as I'm aware), but at least specs will help prevent you touching your eyes. A Chinese expert was visiting Wuhan hospitals and became infected, he suggests it must have been through his eyes.

Added detail: Just for clarification, of course it's airbourne, a cough/sneeze and it is airbourne, but airbourne like measles? This is the rumour.

Hey! Many thanks for pointing the "eyes" should be protected. Sad to say, but people are not taking that seriously at the moment. Many of my post has said "WEAR EYE PROTECTION" . It really is important.
I also mention the "sneeze" travels 3 meters/1 foot. This was shown on national tv by using a special type of camera. It is being said that if you plan to be around people , try to wear a mask, but check with the health officials on the mask/virus deal. I'll have to remain quiet on that one.
Again, thanks for the "eye" protection awareness. Also, you'll be seeing many smart people wearing gloves while pumping gas.
I mentioned about "toilets", what is your take on public toilets at the moment.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Chinese citizens don’t need cash. They can freely move money from bank to WeChat pay over internet. WeChat pay and other digital pay apps are mandated as legal by govt in China. Not many people in China carry cash these days in cities.

I stopped carrying cash in 2016 and did so through July 2018 when I moved back.

Hong Kong is almost cashless also.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've got a bunch of Finnish military surplus gas masks, I wonder how long the filter can be used for or if it would even be effective against a virus. NATO M9 style

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I stopped carrying cash in 2016 and did so through July 2018 when I moved back.

It was not to be taken literally and I meant you lot, not Chinese.
In the event of a crash = "card declined, please use a different card" , "card declined, please use a different one" , "insufficient funds, please use a different card" , "Apple Pay unavailable, please try again later", "ATM out of service please contact your bank"
that's why they're pushing for a cashless society, striving for an utter control over the population.
anyway, that's a topic for a different thread, what I mean was the economic impact of basically the half of China not working or "consuming" would be felt even in the EU and the US by dawn.
edit on 8-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you disagree with someone, fine.
If you feel so moved in disagreement, as to feel the need to issue a response, fine.
If you can prove they were wrong, and can prove so in a concise, decent way, fine.

But do we really need to be assholes to each other, calling names like children, when we're facing what appears could be a next-level challenge to all of us?

We are all in this together, after all.

And if we're focused on fighting each other, we're not focused on fighting our common enemy.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hey ATS members, many thanks for reading my current post.
But I'd like to update what was just on the news.

I don't watch American TV and don't have cable to watch the American news, but I understand that an American couple was viewing their thoughts nationwide (America, maybe worldwide) on the conditions of the ship.
Well, I guess they were silenced now. It was very wrong for them to go overboard with negativity. I would now just imagine if they are medications, what number on the list of 3711 passengers will they be. The Japanese don't have any respect for foreigners causing trouble on their land.

Here is my latest post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you know people on the ship here in Japan, please let them be aware of saying words that will show signs of "hysteria" on the ship.
edit on 0200000037052020-02-08T18:05:37-06:00053702pm6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Wookiep

There is more English later,there is an interview with a Chinese media mogul he says dont be fooled into giving to charity the CCP will just confiscate it for themselves....cue Bill Clinton and George Bush

Yes, and Hussain Obama, Helliary Clintone, Joe Biden, Hunter Biden...

Holy crap keep political beliefs out of this thread !!
Plenty of space on ATS now for such goofiness!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

So are you advocating that when we go buy bulk we do or do not try to use paper $. I’m confused....

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Loved the part where “the mayor (Bayonne NJ I believe) said the CDC said”

Reminds me of the game “telephone”....
Edit: don’t play this game with confirmed coronavirus infected

edit on 8-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Ring around the rosy

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Woman shouting desperately at her balcony on an apparently locked down building:” My husband is dying! Help! Can somebody come? Help! Sorry, I don’t want to harass you, but I really don’t know what to do Who can help?” One of the many scenes in #China during #CoronavirusOutbreak

Twitter

For any that doubted me... Tianjin on lockdown since 6th, Necrose take note.

Twitter

Baodi lockdown details, courtesy BNO, my house is close to that area.

Twitter

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

We have been hearing for years of a possible outbreak of some kind. Why wouldn't the WHO and the CDC have a massive inventory of masks and suits. They sure have the plastic coffins though. Are we suppose to trust these institutions.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

Why indeed.........?

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Omfg. I didn’t even get to the part where you mention coffins. But is was the first thought that came to mind.
Then went back and reread.... now I’m thinking about EPA’s stockpile of hollow-points and guillotines.... REX-84 anyone?

edit on 8-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Coughins

edit on 8-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Coughins

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackBenimbel
If you disagree with someone, fine.
If you feel so moved in disagreement, as to feel the need to issue a response, fine.
If you can prove they were wrong, and can prove so in a concise, decent way, fine.

But do we really need to be assholes to each other, calling names like children, when we're facing what appears could be a next-level challenge to all of us?

We are all in this together, after all.

And if we're focused on fighting each other, we're not focused on fighting our common enemy.

Oh you are quite right. However you miss the fact that is precisely the objective of several rather obvious posters on this thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I guess since I’m not medically trained, I’m curious if there is a difference between aerosol and airborne.

One almost seems like it can be applied, the other seems a status?

Can someone help. I remember being concerned beforehand that the masks (N95 specifically) were too ineffective against the particles that this virus is the size of. Now it would seem it doesn’t matter if no one is covering their whole damn face...

Edit: now CNN has a story up on the spread of this virus being an “eye-opener”!!!

Go F yourself NWO

So on the effectiveness of N95 on nCoV. My understanding is that they are very effective. I would need to double check, but I know they are for other viruses. They appear to have been stockpiled by governments too so I am still confident they are as effective as they are with other viruses. The viruses are small, but I read a paper which found them very effective.

There are better grades, but harder to breath through. N95 are already hard to breath through and getting a proper fit and practice is vital, otherwise you end up breathing through the sides and getting infected, so more likely to suck through the sides with higher grades.

Full face or half face respirators are better. Better, more reliable fit, and filters are bigger surface area so you can use the higher grade filters with relatively less breathing resistance. More expensive.

I wasn't aware of a difference between aerosol and airborne. I would usually use them interchangeably, but generally describing coughs/sneezes as aerosol, like a spray can, and airborne as seriously small floaty nasties. The rumour describing this new form of transmission as aerosol makes me think fake.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
Uh Oh...

Crew Member Dies for Unrelated Reasons on Virus-Delayed Cruise Ship: Sources

Authorities do not believe the man’s death was related to the coronavirus, but are treating it with an “abundance of caution” as they await autopsy results

source

This crew member was found dead? After seeing all the videos in Wuhan of people just keeling over in the street this now has me very worried.

Even though it appears to be unrelated, they are rushing for an autopsy and being very cautious about what it could be.

And they just let the rest of the passengers go? I'm sorry, but this is crazy and irresponsible.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67nuh-uh

Clearly it was stated N95 blocks (I’m gonna botch it) .03 Microns, and this virus is like .02 or something. The actual listing was way way back. But F all if it’s totally absorbed by mucous membranes in the tear ducts and eyes....?

Edit. I’m staying home, staying off swing sets and not going to bars for Feb. you and yours do you and stay safe ATS

edit on 8-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Microbial playgrounds

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
UPDATE: China's National Health Commission reports 441 new cases of coronavirus and 7 new deaths, adding to the 2,147 cases and 81 new deaths reported 2 hours ago

Good numbers. Going down rapidly. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I don’t disagree, but also don’t think it will set in for EU, UK, and US that soon. From what I’m hearing from friends in southern China the concern from US is supply chain disruption. Wal Mart should be especially concerned I would think.

I ain’t a financial person.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Foxconn not able to reopen Shenzhen and Guangdong factories on 10th per CCP health authorities.

Macrumors

That’s gonna hurt.

top topics

<< 173  174  175    177  178  179 >>

join