It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: hades84

I’m assuming your assumptions are assumed to be be correct!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Hey hey hey

Let’s stay on topic -

Virus
Theories
CCP handling of virus
Chinese people under quarantine
Crematorium

That stuff.

Personal attacks are MSM material as demonstrated daily.

We are ATS let’s act like it.

If you disagree that’s fine. We shouldn’t insult others or get angry about it.

We all agree -

Virus bad
CCP bad
WHO idiots
Numbers wrong

We should be out there trying to understand if it’s airborne and what that means for the spread. Hopefully no one here has to deal with it.

End mini rant.

Earlier on in the thread there was a picture of a Chinese soldier checking people's temperature at a vehicle check point. Taken from the view inside the car. The PLA soldier was in full kit, weapons, helmet, chest rig webbing etc. With a white mask on.

So from my perspective, casting my military eye on that clip:

1. The civil situation has worsened or they are prepared for civil unrest/desperate people. Why? Carriage of weapons and kit carried.

2. He was not wearing any CBRN kit, which is a good sign. No suit, respirator or gloves. He only wore a civvie made mask and normal contact type gloves. Which can only be good. Because whatever the contact issues are with the virus they don't seem to warrant fill cat Romeo 05. If the contact was really bad he would have been wearing a full suit, over boots etc, then decon afterwards, bin and replenish for another stag. Also the way the virus travels through the air doesn't seem to warrant his respirator.

3. He was wearing eye protection, military issued. But that might just be his decision.

link   
Quick question re the lasted news (on sky news)
news.sky.com...
Why is the who only now sending a team to investigate this?

link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: Necrose

66M. Yeah! F’in! Right! That was like 3 weeks ago.

And soft then too

Can you help me with your math you’re so good at and explain why people are talking about 500M+ being closer?

You’re using WIKI? Omfg we’re all doomed!!!!

If over 6% of the world's population and about 40% of China's population couldn't go to work, do you think you would still be able to withdraw money from your local ATM? The entire system would crash. And no, "working from home" doesn't cut it.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I see. Do you think China’s officials feel that way at all?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don’t have any $ anyway. All I got is you guys for weekend entertainment. Id go see the movies, but this is the only horror/sci-if flick worth watching.

I’m so sorry China. We’re failing as citizens of the world atm. I thought 2020 would see humanity a little more humane

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Lol, don’t remember the last time I took anything out the atm, maybe 2-3 years ago! 👍🏻

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Hi, thanks for the updates about the cruise. Not looking good.

About your question in other countries. In Chile there seems to be no worries in the population yet, that you can see when you go out at least. I'm not very social, and the few people I communicate with are not worried.

However the government has already plans in place, here is my
POST about it. They aren't screening people at the airports! But the workers at the airports are using masks and gloves, even though it seems some guards are not willing to use them.

People in Chile do not panic that easily low 6,9 earthquake and a 6,6 earthquake reaction . When there is a tsunami alert or an earthquake we stay calmed, it has to be an earthquake above 7.5 to get a bit nervous. But riots occurs anyways, like after the earthquake of 2010. Saying this so you get an idea of how we react to some things. Also, we are currently undergoing a deep social-economic change, so our minds are more into what is happening in the political/economical/social agenda.
edit on 8/2/2020 by redpassion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
China may have inadvertently admitted mortality rate (CFR) of 17%

www.naturalnews.com...

Basically they've said 18% develop serious or critical condition, but then given data on survival rate for severe and critical which allows calculation of overall CFR 17%

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
THIS IS A RUMOR
But Lets keep an eye on it:

Confirmed case in Kentucky that has not been publicly reported yet. My wife is an ER nurse and she heard this from a doctor. It's not at the hospital my wife works at but one the doctor works at regularly. I will not state the hospital but this should come out officially Monday. We live in Kentucky so this hits close to home. Stay safe everyone.Edit: I'm like, shaking now. I have been tracking the growth of this virus as a game and have enjoyed my little obsession. Did not expect this so soon.

www.reddit.com...
edit on 8-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Brick17

Building on your observations, and using celty’s post about it being in aerosol form; can anyone explain why all the talk of masks N95 or otherwise should be a thing?

What I’m saying is everyone everywhere is wearing these things but the eyes are completely exposed. If it can be in aerosol form, is that only in reference if it was to be actually dispersed military, or are those droplets suspended in the air possibly just distributed from sneezing/coughing?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

using celty’s post about it being in aerosol form

I still want additional confirmation on this story...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Huge if true

Remember transmission by aerosol (airborne for at least 1 hr and can travel 13km) is DIFFERENT from transmission by air

Novel coronavirus can transmit via aerosol: expert

The routes of the novel coronavirus infection include transmission via aerosol according to health and epidemic prevention experts, said Zeng Qun, deputy head of Shanghai Civil Affairs Bureau at a press conference in Shanghai on Saturday. The other major routes of virus infection are contact transmission and direct transmission including transmission via respiratory droplets according to the experts, Zeng added. Targeting these transmission routes, Zeng called on residents to take a series of measures including canceling all social activities and gatherings, opening windows regularly to maintain the circulation of indoor air and focusing on household disinfection.

www.ecns.cn...

Anyone else notice the problem here?

So, the virus can be spread via aerosol and so it can survive for an hour and travel 13km. And yeah, open up your windows to circulate the indoor air. Uuuhh... Wait a minute! What? Doesn't air move from outside to inside too? So if there is air nearby contaminate with aerosol virus particles, won't that contamination come INSIDE along with the "fresh" air?

Sorry, still trying to catch up. I WAS caught up last night before I went to bed, but....

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Building on your observations, and using celty’s post about it being in aerosol form; can anyone explain why all the talk of masks N95 or otherwise should be a thing?

What I’m saying is everyone everywhere is wearing these things but the eyes are completely exposed. If it can be in aerosol form, is that only in reference if it was to be actually dispersed military, or are those droplets suspended in the air possibly just distributed from sneezing/coughing?

A lot of the precautions are a placebo effect, like... for instance... taking Vitamin C so you don't get the cold.

Not saying that precautions are useless... you are just limiting the exposure. To be 100% sure you would need an airtight HAMAS suit.
The virus binds to ACE2 receptors, so technically any mucous membrane on your body exposed to outside air could get you infected.
edit on 8-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Eyes should be protected too. Goggles preferably, especially if it is as airborne as suggested (unconfirmed rumour as far as I'm aware), but at least specs will help prevent you touching your eyes. A Chinese expert was visiting Wuhan hospitals and became infected, he suggests it must have been through his eyes.

Added detail: Just for clarification, of course it's airbourne, a cough/sneeze and it is airbourne, but airbourne like measles? This is the rumour.

edit on 8-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: haha said googles instead of goggles

edit on 8-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hades84

I hope not but you are probably right.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Is it the opening of windows so the nerve agent they’re spraying their citizens with is more readily breathes in?

I mean it’s way easier to throw corpses to the fire pits than live people trying to save family members....

Did I get that right?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
NEW: Tianjin's Baodi District, southeast of Beijing, is being put on lockdown due to coronavirus

@BNO

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I guess since I’m not medically trained, I’m curious if there is a difference between aerosol and airborne.

One almost seems like it can be applied, the other seems a status?

Can someone help. I remember being concerned beforehand that the masks (N95 specifically) were too ineffective against the particles that this virus is the size of. Now it would seem it doesn’t matter if no one is covering their whole damn face...

Edit: now CNN has a story up on the spread of this virus being an “eye-opener”!!!

Go F yourself NWO

edit on 8-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

I believe because they were finally invited in.

Phones confiscated. They had to say a pledge to CCP and play nice during tea.

Then they were asked to help. And not talk about it

new topics

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join