It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I want to listen to you and your voice of reason, and I'm desperately trying to, but theres always that voice in my head saying.. 'but what if.. " my mind quite literally cant comprehend what we are talking about in this thread. But unknown it could be true..

Are there nerve gases/chemicals that could poison a whole city slowy.. and infect those that come in to contact with them, and then they in turn infect/contaminate someone else, but all the while the contamination getting weaker and weaker, which is why people who have travelled to Wuhan but have got out whilst this is happening don't seem to be dropping at the same rate as those still living there as they arent still living amongst the 'gas' and why those who have been ill 2nd or 3rd hand don't seem to be as severe (so we are told) it explains the OTT hazmat suits, the burning of the dead bodies - possibly the chemical spraying..etc. Could they just be telling us it's a coronavirus and it's not?

I've never spouted a CT in a forum before so don't play mean..be nice! Friends and family laugh at my obsession so usually keep things to myself!
edit on 7-2-2020 by BowBells because: Added

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Ms Sun demanded four types of people in Wuhan be put into mandatory isolation in quarantine stations: confirmed cases, suspected cases, people who have close contact with the former two, and those who have fever.

Sounds like the CCP is acting on fear and anxiety. The officials are worried about how the public will react to the true facts with the limited information going around. It is a worry how the officials will react where they feel that they have to burdened it all.

For a disease like this patience is going to be important to minimize the damage that will be done. The reputation China has in the past of rounding up dissidents with little tolerance does attribute to a culture of over reaction. It is going to take time for affected individuals to work through the illness with many case by case factors. Some people may be better off at home in isolation, having facilities where group care for the infected can be performed is beneficial. A one box fits all solution for all suspects is minimalistic and feels like the concentration camps of old.

Jesus got nailed to a pillar of shame. This disease is dangerous and compassion can be deadly. It is too late to shut down the roads and burn it all down if containment was ever an option. It is reasonable that those in control and access to all the facts will be scared. In fighting this disease lets not forget what we are fighting for.
edit on 7-2-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Good afternoon everyone!

Here are the latest figures from WuFlu.Live

Confirmed: 31585
Deaths: 639
Recovered: 1766

Rev

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Or we could use the Lancet projection numbers:

In our baseline scenario, we estimated that the basic reproductive number for 2019-nCoV was 2·68 (95% CrI 2·47–2·86) and that 75 815 individuals (95% CrI 37 304–130 330) have been infected in Wuhan as of Jan 25, 2020. The epidemic doubling time was 6·4 days (95% CrI 5·8–7·1). We estimated that in the baseline scenario, Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen had imported 461 (95% CrI 227–805), 113 (57–193), 98 (49–168), 111 (56–191), and 80 (40–139) infections from Wuhan, respectively. If the transmissibility of 2019-nCoV were similar everywhere domestically and over time, we inferred that epidemics are already growing exponentially in multiple major cities of China with a lag time behind the Wuhan outbreak of about 1–2 weeks.

Source

We report here a cohort of 41 patients with laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infection. Patients had serious, sometimes fatal, pneumonia and were admitted to the designated hospital in Wuhan, China, by Jan 2, 2020. Clinical presentations greatly resemble SARS-CoV. Patients with severe illness developed ARDS and required ICU admission and oxygen therapy. The time between hospital admission and ARDS was as short as 2 days. At this stage, the mortality rate is high for 2019-nCoV, because six (15%) of 41 patients in this cohort died.

Source

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BowBells

Just go do some research on the Spanish Flu. All of this has happened before ... almost exactly 100 years ago in fact.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

Those numbers are flawed. 41 patients are a very, very small sample size to begin with. So they will not offer a very good representation of the overall situation. For another, those were all severely ill patients to begin with. They were already in the hospital needing support. It would be like telling people what cancer survival rates are by estimating based solely off stage 3 and 4 cases.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I wake up and the thread is +20 more pages! Other than the BS official numbers, can anyone be kind enough to provide any notable updates?

I thank you in advance! Trying my best to catch back up...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

So the series of videos I've been posting has been borne out correct: the recovery numbers are lagging the death numbers. You can see they've been steadily rising against the death numbers. They used to be behind, and then even, and now rising to be ahead.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Well isn't this special! I came across this article about Florida and how they handle suspected infected people and apparently there is a law where they arent able to inform the public of suspected cases. Other states are doing the same thing.

“We are unable to comment on potential coronavirus cases because of a state statute that prohibits us from doing so,” said Alberto Moscoso, communications director for the Florida Department of Health.

But with the Zika Virus they did it differently;

"Florida’s approach to releasing information on coronavirus differs from how health officials handled the 2016-17 Zika virus outbreak. With Zika, the Florida Department of Health reported positive and negative samples and pending results by county. It also put out daily updates that included maps of confirmed cases."

So basically my state's approach is to not tell anyone anything about suspected cases... isnt that just special! I could have 100 cases under investigation down the street and not even freakin know it! Meanwhile I go around as if there isn't anything to worry about.. yet.

Article

What bull$hip!

This isn't getting enough attention.

I repeat: This needs more attention

I feel this is everywhere here in the states. I think that authorities are scared to death that the American public will panic, and are working together to keep the news "positive".

The suspected case up north in Champaign Illinios has kind of been quiet and we are no longer getting any updates on people in quarantine. The full number in quarantine.

I believe it is a systematic approach to keep quiet on the subject. The last thing that the American authorities want is a bunch of independent thinking people that don't trust the government making a run on supplies and protesting at all major government buildings.

I am upping more supply preps as soon as I get off of work. Hopefully it isn't as bad as I feel it may be.

A little over a week ago, the documents I was privy to put the estimated confirmed cases at 51 IN THE USA. I said this earlier in the thread, but I think it got buried.

I remember it. I even made a post about how we have a member with inside numbers that no one wants to believe.

I have been following this thread "feverishly" (pun intended).

I t want ink that with the history of governments in general, we cannot take what they tell us as gospel.

But people here, that coincidently are on a conspiracy website, want to put all of their faith and Hope's into what we are being told as the truth.

Well I'm not buying any of it and I firmly believe that the government will do what they have to do "in the name of national security".

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Considering the actions of the Chinese and other world governments, I suspect these numbers are as close to the truth as we are going to get.
edit on 7-2-2020 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I wake up and the thread is +20 more pages! Other than the BS official numbers, can anyone be kind enough to provide any notable updates?

I thank you in advance! Trying my best to catch back up...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
#ChenQiuShi exposes crematorium count, helps other journalist out of jail #QiuShi

Chen Qiu Shi was doing some good citizen journalism. In this video from Feb 2 he checks out how much traffic was going to the crematoriums. He has now gone missing. I respect his courage and service in these difficult times.

#Qiushi missing. His mother pleads immediately search assistance.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
"originally posted by: butcherguy
Here it is again, the NIH says that studies show that coronavirus can survive for as long as 28 days on surfaces (stainless steel was used in the study) , depending on relative humidity and temperature.
NIH"

I understand very well that this critter behaves differently ... but I just cant believe that. If that were true, Id be terrified.

Just because something can survive for as much as 28 days, doesn't mean it always, or even usually, does. That figure is determined under lab conditions.
edit on 7-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snoots
One thing i have been thinking about was the riots that had been going on for about 4 months, with no resolution in sight and the youth of China calling for sweeping changes to how they live, now there's no more riots at all is there.
For those with conspiratorial minds.

Exactly...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
Well I guess that's the whole only native chinese get the virus goes out the window

www.mirror.co.uk...

Ummm... the whole 'only native chinese get the virus' isn't the point, the point is only native chinese get seriously/deathly ill.

From the link:

"The 58-year-old lorry driver wasn't showing any symptoms..."

So, he was tested as part of their screening, and tested positive for the virus, but has no symptoms.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

51 confirmed cases?!

Really?

Where are they, and how do we know this? How are they being cared for?

I ask because the known confirmed cases are all being cared for at various hospitals around the country. It involves various staffs and various places. Understand that while HIPAA laws apply. Everyone who works at those places was well aware they had a case ongoing in their care, and you can well bet they were talking about it at home at night with family and significant others, etc. You can do that without violating HIPAA. And you can bet those people were talking to others *they* knew.

So I have a hard time thinking we have *51 CASES* hidden in the US and no one knows about it except hidden insiders ... unless we have them in super-secret area 51 style hospitals.

edit on 7-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
The breakdown of nationalities of the 41 new cases of novel coronavirus on Diamond Princess are, 21 Japanese, 8 Americans, 5 Australians, 5 Canadians, 1 Argentine, 1 British. They will be treated at hospitals in Kanagawa, Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Shizuoka.
twitter.com...

We have 7 Canadians now

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

I'm seeing on the fuuuuuuu maphub resource that there are 6 suspected cases in Dominican Republic... THAT would be bad as this is another 3rd world country with few resources to be able to support the sick or quell the spread.

I hope those come up negative...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
new of Shenzhen lockdown is coming back now

Shenzhen lockdown rules announced by local police, entrants into the city need to apply in advance & be examined at the city entrance "Quarantine Check", neighborhoods (小區) required to monitor ppl going in-out, with confirmed patients to be locked indoors for 14 days

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If the virus attacks ACE2, about 48% of native male Chinese smoke, and it seems like smoking tends to increase one's ACE2 count. So there might be a link there, but studies don't show any differences in ACE2 across gender or ethnicity otherwise. It might also be worth investigating whether or not air quality has an impact on ACE2 as well.

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join