It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Anyone see this video yet?

twitter.com...

Good God. The scale of it.

Clearly there was some pre-existing plan for this operation. I wonder if it provides clues to how much the Chinese government actually knows about this virus?

This thing is a lot worse than we are being told to be going out spraying this stuff all over the place. i really do think this was created in a Lab!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

No worries.

It’s happened before. I don’t get all bent about it, I just clarify.

It’s all good, we can share a beer

Chinese Communist Party and Chinese people are different entities. This is why we see the inhumanity of the CCP on display in this situation. Primacy of the state and all that.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
My opinion...

Our "seasonal flu" stats are complete crap. Theyre nonsense. They sell these "best guess" vaccines pretty well though.
nCOV is more easily transmissible and a 4 day window of onset of symptoms to ICU.. Thats some rough stuff. Not just for the people who have it, but consider the available ICU beds across the country.
China's stats are complete crap.
There's too many variables at the moment to get a good handle on it all. This isnt a movie... and we arent living in a situation that mirrors a movie like Contagion or etc.
This thing is going to bloom.

You could be right, but there is one problem. The facts, as they stand now - meaning, the cases and numbers outside of mainland China - simply don't support such an opinion.

Regardless, I certainly am of the opinion you are very wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
www.dailymail.co.uk...

China orders Wuhan to round up ALL suspected coronavirus patients in put them in quarantine camps and warns officials who run away from the 'war' will be 'nailed to the pillar of historical shame'

China's central government has ordered Wuhan to round up all suspected coronavirus patients as well as their close contacts in mass quarantine camps. The country's Vice Premier Sun Chunlan called on a 'people's war' against the fast-spreading epidemic, which has killed at least 638 people and infected more than 31,520 globally. She demanded Communist officials of all levels take active lead in this 'wartime condition', or face being 'nailed onto the pillar of historical shame forever'. The city has around 14 million residents, but it remains unknown how many people would be quarantined or where they would be kept. Wuhan officials are now carrying out door-to-door health checks to identify potential carriers who would need to be isolated.

Ms Sun demanded four types of people in Wuhan be put into mandatory isolation in quarantine stations: confirmed cases, suspected cases, people who have close contact with the former two, and those who have fever. Ms Sun called on a 'people's war' against the coronavirus epidemic in a meeting on Tuesday. Yesterday, she instructed all levels of officials to treat the fight of the outbreak as the 'most important and urgent mission' in another briefing. 'There must be a 24-hour shift pattern. During the wartime condition, there must be no deserters, otherwise they will be forever nailed onto the pillar of historical shame', Ms Sun said, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

looks like they've got The temperature-taking drones now flying around. Whats next? Order the drones to shoot?

Seriously, though, does look like its major panic stations in China, must e far worse than we are being told or it's a massive plot to keep all civilians inside.

It is worse. Way worse. The figures are meaningless. Orders are apparently out for the Wuhan authorities to visit every house and apartment and assess everyone. Anyone with signs will be taken away to containment areas. Can you imagine that task? Holy cow.

And these containment areas seems to have few if any facilities. We may be on the brink of some serious nastiness.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

On No Reddit isn't controlling the info against Conspiracies the USERS are doing it all on their own....

Reddit enlists users to combat coronavirus misinformation

There are a lot of people in the subs mentioned who are always saying- "You guys are overreacting, Stop panicking, China is just fine. The news is fear mongering and so on."

edit on 7-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Quarantined British man on honeymoon who is among SIXTY-ONE diagnosed with coronavirus on cruise ship in Japan as 2,600 terrified passengers plead: 'We don't want to leave here in a box'

A British tourist was today hauled off a cruise liner and taken to hospital in Japan after testing positive for coronavirus on his honeymoon. Alan Steele was separated from his new wife Wendy and taken off the Diamond Princess after learning his test results in Yokohama Bay today. Mr Steele said he was not yet showing symptoms of the virus and hopes he may just be a 'carrier' but faces a lengthy quarantine in hospital on the mainland. He becomes the second UK national known to have the virus, after a businessman who had recently flown back from Singapore tested positive in Brighton yesterday. Mr Steele was one of 41 people who learned they had the virus after 171 remaining test results came back on Friday, trebling the ship's total of virus patients from 20 to 61.

Looks like there may well be a lot of carriers of this virus on that ship. i wonder what they will do with those who have it but no showing symptoms? Will they be locked up until a cure is available or let out onto the streets to spread it?
edit on 7-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I agree but will we see or hear about those people rounded up?

Sounds like 'nazi' camps during WW2 and the gas chambers

link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

As Loam says... watch what they do. Not what they say.

ATS motto or should be.

Let’s put up more fences, not sure location

Twitter

link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Tower blocks are having their door welded shut now

People are dying en mass inside

So.. you have inside information the rest of us don't?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
So as anyone heard any more on this?

Global Times

7:29 pm Feb 6

A type of herbal medicine soup has proved effective for 90% of the 2019nCoV patients, clinical observation shows: Chinese TCM authority

Not seeing a recipe to help anyone else.

Apparently it is called shuanghuanglian, a TCM (traditional chinese medicine) made from a blend of honeysuckle, Chinese skullcap and forsythia.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: ARM1968

I agree but will we see or hear about those people rounded up?

Sounds like 'nazi' camps during WW2 and the gas chambers

No I doubt it. It just stuns me that some folks don’t see how bad this is. They seem to think the numbers have stabilised. China is doing a great job. Nothing to see here.

The truth is completely different. I have to assume that there are a few posters on here either being malicious for fun, deluded or else working for the night CCP. It’s just crazy man crazy.

We are all on the brink of something hideous. Let’s hope we stay on the brink.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Time to go shopping for more supplies I think...

Do it quietly and secretly, please. Don't cause panic and don't let your neighbors see you bringing your groceries. Remember a hungry man is a dangerous man. And that is from me, a Veteran from a sh...te face war years ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I agree with you. I think it lines up more with the MedCram stuff I've been posting.

About 5 days to incubate before onset of symptoms with a possible window of 3 to 13 days. If you get symptoms, you're looking at around 7 days before it worsens to something that would require medical support (hospital). If you start to get better before then, you're going to be all right. If you get to hospital, then you'll go downhill and die within 15 days, and they even have a predictive score that works with pretty much all types of pneumonias that tends to work with this one that can project your chances of dying from this once you get there. If you get to the hospital and it's not going to kill you, you'll be there for upwards of 20 to 25 days recovering.

You can troubleshoot the scary high mortality percentages by looking at the known cases outside China. Those have not displayed a death toll anywhere near 40% or even 16%. There are 100+ known cases outside China right now, and maybe 1 or 2 of them have died to date. That lines up with the lower 2% rate.

Again, none of this is to downplay what's going on in China.

If you get something no one has any immunity at all to, then everyone gets sick all at once in a wave and it will cause massive disruption. The people it will kill will die all at once and you won't have the structure in place to handle that necessitating emergency measures. 2% of 11 million is still one big pile of bodies! That's going to be plenty scary without verging into massive percentages.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I'm new on here, that is I have opened an account for the first time. I have been coming here for years and I have been following this thread since Part 1.

So why have I joined? Simple really, what is happening with the Coronavirus and in China is both extrordinary and unprecedented. I also believe that this event is not what is seems and feel I must share what I can and am able to, in order to better inform people.

About me. I have been in the UK military for a long time and am stationed on an MOD establishment in a rural area. I am not going to give my service, rank, appointment, trade, cap badge, unit, location or any other details. Neither am I privy to any important or classified information (and I certainly would not discuss such). What I am happy to discuss is how I see things from a military perspective in regards to Military Aid to the Civil Authority.

What I can tell you, which anyone who knows someone who works there would know anyway is in reference to the recent processing of UK evacuees from China who landed at RAF Brize Norton. The hanger which was used to 'meet & greet' has since been decontaminated and placed out of bounds to all personnel. The hanger was not in use prior to this. I'm happy to share this on an open forum as this information is common knowledge amongst both civil employees and service personnel, is known locally and no doubt out in the the public domain because of this.
edit on 7-2-2020 by Brick17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2020 by Brick17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Relevant to people dropping like stones in street and similarities to Spanish flu. (I don't trust the videos.)

Interesting article in Chinese news:

www.mychinanews.com...

Need to click translate.

Reading from about half way down it describes how patients can come in with mild symptoms, but then suddenly worsen. Describes 'inflammation storm' where the persons own immune system goes into overdrive damaging organs such as heart, lungs, liver, kidneys. Often patients dying from multiple organ failure rather than from respiratory failure.

I don't know if this is a mis-translation or just another way of describing cytokine storm. But it is this same response, called cytokine storm which made Spanish Flu more deadly to the healthier victims. Their own immune system being stronger, making the cytokine storm stronger.

This does not appear to be reflected in the cases that are dying. I obviously haven't read all of them, but it does appear that older, or people with underlying health issues are more at risk (assuming we are told about all of them...). But with cytokine storm being more widely reported, this is of concern. Time to start smoking my pipe again maybe.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
With regard to mortality rates of this bug I'm bothered by the supposed stats. I've seen 1%, 2%, 10% etc but the fact remains those stats are based on a communist country and there is already speculation the infected and death counts are way higher then reported.

I have an idea...

How about we simply stop trying to use the numbers that we know we can't trust, and use only the numbers that we have a much higher degree of trust for.

Meaning - lets use the numbers for the infections outside of mainland China, for non-Chinese people.

That puts a different light on things - for those of us outside China.

Again - this just reinforces by belief that what is causing the (likely) huge numbers of deaths in China is not the WuFlu, but something else entirely, that the CCP is desperately trying to (and successfully, so far) keep hidden..

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The two newer suspected cases in South Africa KZN province have now been let go after only one test showing negative. They were only held in hospital for 2-3 days, tested once, and then let go into public. No quarantine or isolation whatsoever. No follow up or multiple testing. Complete and utter disregard for the established, recommended medical practice for this virus.

I'll say it again, if this virus does break out here, South Africa will be a horror show that puts China to shame. Third world countries have no competency for this thing. I expect India is handling it the same way. They just do not care and will not care until the deaths come. Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
For resolved cases outside China the mortality rate is around 8% although the sample size is minuscule, less than 30 resolved cases.
I agree it's all speculation at the minute, it's far too early to tell what the true figure will be.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

With regard to mortality rates of this bug I'm bothered by the supposed stats. I've seen 1%, 2%, 10% etc but the fact remains those stats are based on a communist country and there is already speculation the infected and death counts are way higher then reported.

I have an idea...

How about we simply stop trying to use the numbers that we know we can't trust, and use only the numbers that we have a much higher degree of trust for.

Meaning - lets use the numbers for the infections outside of mainland China, for non-Chinese people.

That puts a different light on things - for those of us outside China.

Again - this just reinforces by belief that what is causing the (likely) huge numbers of deaths in China is not the WuFlu, but something else entirely, that the CCP is desperately trying to (and successfully, so far) keep hidden..

The only numbers that really should mean anything is the number of those that have and are being treated in your country. Soon, no one will really give a flying sh...te what is going on other then in there own back yard.
I say this because the people I've chatted with here, they are not even interested who has what in a different country.
Numbers mean nothing to them unless they know someone in that country and it appears on China is some what off limits when talking to people on the streets. Its like not to many people are interested in it. Like they say "China, China is way far away from here". So that is reality here. Seriously, NO PANIC. No one is rushing to buy rice or whatever. Masks, yes in bigger cities, and that's about it.

As I mention in my thread, tonight the Ministry of Transportation now has banned all docking of foreign ships. (I didn't catch if this includes all ships or just Cruise Liners in general. Maybe you on a different time zone will pick it up. Here its bedtime.
じゃね

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Well isn't this special! I came across this article about Florida and how they handle suspected infected people and apparently there is a law where they arent able to inform the public of suspected cases. Other states are doing the same thing.

“We are unable to comment on potential coronavirus cases because of a state statute that prohibits us from doing so,” said Alberto Moscoso, communications director for the Florida Department of Health.

But with the Zika Virus they did it differently;

"Florida’s approach to releasing information on coronavirus differs from how health officials handled the 2016-17 Zika virus outbreak. With Zika, the Florida Department of Health reported positive and negative samples and pending results by county. It also put out daily updates that included maps of confirmed cases."

So basically my state's approach is to not tell anyone anything about suspected cases... isnt that just special! I could have 100 cases under investigation down the street and not even freakin know it! Meanwhile I go around as if there isn't anything to worry about.. yet.

Article

What bull$hip!

This isn't getting enough attention.

I repeat: This needs more attention

I feel this is everywhere here in the states. I think that authorities are scared to death that the American public will panic, and are working together to keep the news "positive".

The suspected case up north in Champaign Illinios has kind of been quiet and we are no longer getting any updates on people in quarantine. The full number in quarantine.

I believe it is a systematic approach to keep quiet on the subject. The last thing that the American authorities want is a bunch of independent thinking people that don't trust the government making a run on supplies and protesting at all major government buildings.

I am upping more supply preps as soon as I get off of work. Hopefully it isn't as bad as I feel it may be.

A little over a week ago, the documents I was privy to put the estimated confirmed cases at 51 IN THE USA. I said this earlier in the thread, but I think it got buried.

new topics

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join