It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: liejunkie01

51 confirmed cases?!

Really?

Where are they, and how do we know this? How are they being cared for?

I ask because the known confirmed cases are all being cared for at various hospitals around the country. It involves various staffs and various places. Understand that while HIPAA laws apply. Everyone who works at those places was well aware they had a case ongoing in their care, and you can well bet they were talking about it at home at night with family and significant others, etc. You can do that without violating HIPAA. And you can bet those people were talking to others *they* knew.

So I have a hard time thinking we have *51 CASES* hidden in the US and no one knows about it except hidden insiders ... unless we have them in super-secret area 51 style hospitals.

I was not given much more info than what I posted, but I think it is safe to assume that the wording that was used says alot:

"ESTIMATED confirmed cases"

This is a bit of a contradictory statement, estimated and confirmed do not really go well together. It is fair to say that they know of cases that are either NOT under medical care or are located at a secure facility away from public knowledge.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
According to a BBC report, the Chinese government tried to control the information regarding Dr Li Wenliang death by saying
he wasn't dead but in critical condition, knowing the uproar this would cause I presume.

And we're supposed to trust them?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluealert82
a reply to: tanstaafl
For resolved cases outside China the mortality rate is around 8% although the sample size is minuscule, less than 30 resolved cases.
I agree it's all speculation at the minute, it's far too early to tell what the true figure will be.

Sorry, but you missed my point about non-native chinese vs non chinese.

From what I've read, all deaths and even serious conditions outside China are only found with native chinese who just happened to have left China very recently.

What are the stats for purely non native chinese?
edit on 7-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot
According to a BBC report, the Chinese government tried to control the information regarding Dr Li Wenliang death by saying
he wasn't dead but in critical condition, knowing the uproar this would cause I presume.

And we're supposed to trust them?

www.youtube.com...

See my post earlier: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner

Or we could use the Lancet projection numbers:

Those are 'estimates' (first link) and/or regarding the infected inside WuHan (second link) - so, basically meaningless with respect to my point.
edit on 7-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Oh, so you're saying that my husband entertained Chinese nationals for business toward the end of December and he brought home a bug that he gave to the two of us ... so we might be *estimated confirmed" because we had something that kicked the crap out of us without making any of us sick enough to go to the hospital. It was in our chests for sure, and it took me most of January to really get all the way past even though I was only really sick to call it sick for two or three days.

Without having gotten tested ... we *may* have actually already had it? *Estimated confirmed ...*

I won't hold my breath on that though.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
ATS SPREADING FAKE NEWS AGAIN !!!!

Twitter:

This is irresponsible to post. Guangzhou is NOT "locked down" like the other cities that are under quarantine. The restrictions enacted will limit only residents of communities in the city from entering. Cultural and entertainment gatherings are banned too. It's not a lockdown.

I think it’s a fake news. Just reconfirmed from my friend in China. They say Guangzhou hasn’t been quarantined and everything is normal there.

I had translated part of it. Doesnt says anything about any lockdown. It says somehting about not having large gatherings to avoid spreading the virus and some other advices.

edit on 7-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I agree with you. I think it lines up more with the MedCram stuff I've been posting.

About 5 days to incubate before onset of symptoms with a possible window of 3 to 13 days. If you get symptoms, you're looking at around 7 days before it worsens to something that would require medical support (hospital). If you start to get better before then, you're going to be all right. If you get to hospital, then you'll go downhill and die within 15 days, and they even have a predictive score that works with pretty much all types of pneumonias that tends to work with this one that can project your chances of dying from this once you get there. If you get to the hospital and it's not going to kill you, you'll be there for upwards of 20 to 25 days recovering.

You can troubleshoot the scary high mortality percentages by looking at the known cases outside China. Those have not displayed a death toll anywhere near 40% or even 16%. There are 100+ known cases outside China right now, and maybe 1 or 2 of them have died to date. That lines up with the lower 2% rate.

Again, none of this is to downplay what's going on in China.

If you get something no one has any immunity at all to, then everyone gets sick all at once in a wave and it will cause massive disruption. The people it will kill will die all at once and you won't have the structure in place to handle that necessitating emergency measures. 2% of 11 million is still one big pile of bodies! That's going to be plenty scary without verging into massive percentages.

I agree 100%. However the cases in the wider world are currently receiving the best care available. The medical systems are not swamped like they are in China. IF that becomes the case here the mortality rate will rise dramatically.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
who is spreading fake news now ?
a reply to: Necrose

yes it is in lock down here official news ....

google translate:

At noon on February 7, the Guangzhou City Pneumonia Epidemic Prevention Command for New Coronavirus Infection issued the No. 3 Circular on Further Strengthening Community and Rural Epidemic Prevention and Control, which requires the concentration of culture and entertainment in the village living room. Places are always closed. All residential communities (villages) in the city are closed. Strengthen the management of people (vehicles) access, and restrict non-owners (villages) owners, residents or users and vehicles from entering the property management area. All entrances and exits shall be provided with prevention and control card points, and resident personnel shall enter and exit with their credentials and perform temperature monitoring.

m.xinhuanet.com...
edit on 7-2-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

That is also true, but it still provides a truer measure of the disease.

Anything has the potential to cause more problems/be worse when it gets out of control. The key question is: Can we keep this from getting out of control? I guess the other question is how many cases are receiving hospital care that don't actually need it in the wider world at the moment.

How many of the confirmed cases in hospitals that are being observed could actually do this quite well at home? And do they need to be in the hospital to avoid spreading it, or would it be a terrible thing to allow them to recover at home?

link   
In work. Sorry haven't seen this yet after scanning some of the more recent posts. A cruise ship in Bayonne NJ docked 6 a.m. this morning and they removed passengers by ambulance to as of now an undisclosed location.

I'm in the Tri-State area fairly close to Manhattan. Close enough to see the planes hit the towers, at least one of them with my own eyes, to give you perspective. I've seen an uptick in people wearing masks on subways and buses. It's not at panic levels but a definite increase.

Businesses are starting to hurt. Talked to one guy and he was laid off and another friend of mine lost hours in a Chinese owned warehouse as their inventory comes from China and that has stopped he said. They hope it is just the New Year Celebration and things will pick up again as usual but they are beginning to suspect it wont turn around so quick.

A fear of anyone who even remotely looks Chinese is simmering. I hear the comments. Sure some are jokes and kinda funny but that's also growing to and a little dangerous if left unchecked. There was an incident involving an attack as well.

Overall everything is still running normally and people going about their day.

edit on 7-2-2020 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: RobinKuiper

My apologies, haven't been able to keep up with all the posts

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DetectiveT

What is with folks in Manhattan?

For supposedly progressive and open minded folks, their brains sure seem to have fallen out.

Where I am at, everything carries on as normal. Kiddo does martial arts and a good portion of his fellow students are ethnic, including a chunk of Asian students.

edit on 7-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X

google translate:

At noon on February 7, the Guangzhou City Pneumonia Epidemic Prevention Command for New Coronavirus Infection issued the No. 3 Circular on Further Strengthening Community and Rural Epidemic Prevention and Control, which requires the concentration of culture and entertainment in the village living room. Places are always closed. All residential communities (villages) in the city are closed. Strengthen the management of people (vehicles) access, and restrict non-owners (villages) owners, residents or users and vehicles from entering the property management area. All entrances and exits shall be provided with prevention and control card points, and resident personnel shall enter and exit with their credentials and perform temperature monitoring.

m.xinhuanet.com...

That's one BS source, not even DOOMSDAY twitter accounts and news websites are reporting this, totally made up, crooked words, they were just advised not to gather outside etc to limit possible exposure, not a lockdown like in the Hubei province !!!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DetectiveT
In work. Sorry haven't seen this yet after scanning some of the more recent posts. A cruise ship in Bayonne NJ docked 6 a.m. this morning and they removed passengers by ambulance to as of now an undisclosed location.

I'm in the Tri-State area fairly close to Manhattan. Close enough to see the planes hit the towers, at least one of them with my own eyes, to give you perspective. I've seen an uptick in people wearing masks on subways and buses. It's not at panic levels but a definite increase.

Businesses are starting to hurt. Talked to one guy and he was laid off and another friend of mine lost hours in a Chinese owned warehouse as their inventory comes from China and that has stopped he said. They hope it is just the New Year Celebration and things will pick up again as usual but they are beginning to suspect it wont turn around so quick.

A fear of anyone who even remotely looks Chinese is simmering. I hear the comments. Sure some are jokes and kinda funny but that's also growing to and a little dangerous if left unchecked. There was an incident involving an attack as well.

Overall everything is still running normally and people going about their day.

6abc.com...
Here's a link to a story about that ship. Prior to this I was always sad I was too skint to afford a cruise

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X

google translate:

m.xinhuanet.com...

flights.lastminute.com...

THERE YOU CAN BOOK A FLIGHT FROM LONDON TO GUANGZHOU (via Moscow)

GREAT LOCKDOWN ISN'T IT ????? You people are UNREAL
edit on 7-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

I haven't been ever since stories of how norovirus outbreaks hit those things.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
#Wuhan Fang Cang manager says: It's not a hospital-no medical equipment. Concentration camp?

The guidelines that if you enter the Fang Cang facility you cannot leave does raise some questions. The Wuflu does have a long illness period of 2-3+ weeks. It is reported there will be doctors and nurses there. No real medial equipment is available. No visitors are allowed. Any family member dropping of medications will have to pass them through medical staff.

For someone unable to look after themselves during this period it is a vital service that was rushed together in the limited time available. I guess in time we will see how the recover rate and release procedures go.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
How many new cases in Europe today?

Oh, zero again

bummer

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I know, I thought that when I read 'they will be nailed to the pillar of shame'

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join