It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
This is how Shenzhen was on lockdown today you fools 😀😀😀😀😀Shenzhen Composite Index

Up 0.5% 😂

Fools? Coming from an idiot who can’t understand basic maths? You’re kind of drivel is the dangerous sort. Hope you’re being paid well while thousands die - because it IS thousands.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Necrose

Electronic trading hasn't reached Asia yet?

Ever seen what a Trading Floor on stock exchanges looks like? 😀
All trades are “electronic” these days, what does that have to do with stock exchange up and running

Half of their production is shut down, and they are losing billions a day, yet the exchanges keep gaining. You may want to ask yourself how this could be. I think whether or not an exchange is "open" has very little to do with actual investors or people on the ground. This is is how the CCP has worked for decades. Nothing has changed that.

Wow you have no idea how stock exchanges work 😭

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

This is how Shenzhen was on lockdown today you fools 😀😀😀😀😀Shenzhen Composite Index

Up 0.5% 😂

Fools? Coming from an idiot who can’t understand basic maths? You’re kind of drivel is the dangerous sort. Hope you’re being paid well while thousands die - because it IS thousands.

Keep your tone down, stop harassing me.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Here is what’s going to happen:

Tomorrow stats for Wuhan (approx.)
New cases : 2300
Deaths 45

ATS tomorrow be like : It’s gone PARABOLIC!
😂😂

A month from now: 0 new cases
ATS be like: they ran out of testing kits, it’s actually 350,000 a day now and spreading

You might also add that this is just your opinion and has no basis in reality for the day you gave it. That way, other readers of this thread will be able to know the facts from the falacies. You're not intentionally trying to spread misinformation are you?

What are you on about? I was obviously exaggerating the reaction of ATS users in regards to the numbers of confirmed cases. If that wasn’t clear enough for you, I’m sorry.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Numbers just numbers and graphs.

wuflu.live...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: butcherguy
Here it is again, the NIH says that studies show that coronavirus can survive for as long as 28 days on surfaces (stainless steel was used in the study) , depending on relative humidity and temperature.
NIH

I understand very well that this critter behaves differently ... but I just cant believe that. If that were true, Id be terrified.

People say they don't believe what other people say unless they have links to show where they got the information from. Then, when people do post a link and it's still not believed, tell me - just what kind of thing will be proof enough for you to believe what people are saying? Please spell it out in exact words so there can be no equivocations later.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Necrose

Electronic trading hasn't reached Asia yet?

Ever seen what a Trading Floor on stock exchanges looks like? 😀
All trades are “electronic” these days, what does that have to do with stock exchange up and running

Half of their production is shut down, and they are losing billions a day, yet the exchanges keep gaining. You may want to ask yourself how this could be. I think whether or not an exchange is "open" has very little to do with actual investors or people on the ground. This is is how the CCP has worked for decades. Nothing has changed that.

Wow you have no idea how stock exchanges work 😭

You have no idea how the CCP works or how that exchange works. It has been 100% electronic ( == remote from investors) since 1997. The CCP already said they were going to prop it up through this. That means it isn't being controlled by anyone but the govt. That means they don't have to have the city or the exchange "open" to be working.

There is a bit of "He doth protest too much". Not sure what your angle is, but nobody with any sense anywhere is believing the CCP.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well isn't this special! I came across this article about Florida and how they handle suspected infected people and apparently there is a law where they arent able to inform the public of suspected cases. Other states are doing the same thing.

“We are unable to comment on potential coronavirus cases because of a state statute that prohibits us from doing so,” said Alberto Moscoso, communications director for the Florida Department of Health.

But with the Zika Virus they did it differently;

"Florida’s approach to releasing information on coronavirus differs from how health officials handled the 2016-17 Zika virus outbreak. With Zika, the Florida Department of Health reported positive and negative samples and pending results by county. It also put out daily updates that included maps of confirmed cases."

So basically my state's approach is to not tell anyone anything about suspected cases... isnt that just special! I could have 100 cases under investigation down the street and not even freakin know it! Meanwhile I go around as if there isn't anything to worry about.. yet.

Article

What bull$hip!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Here is what’s going to happen:

Tomorrow stats for Wuhan (approx.)
New cases : 2300
Deaths 45

ATS tomorrow be like : It’s gone PARABOLIC!
😂😂

A month from now: 0 new cases
ATS be like: they ran out of testing kits, it’s actually 350,000 a day now and spreading

You might also add that this is just your opinion and has no basis in reality for the day you gave it. That way, other readers of this thread will be able to know the facts from the falacies. You're not intentionally trying to spread misinformation are you?

What are you on about? I was obviously exaggerating the reaction of ATS users in regards to the numbers of confirmed cases. If that wasn’t clear enough for you, I’m sorry.

Actually most of the posters have been quite objective and are taking a comprehensive look at this. You seem to be the one with blinders on only able to accept the official Communist Party line.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Surprised noone has posted this yet:

BREAKING: Singapore reports 3 more cases of coronavirus with no links to China or previous cases, outbreak alert level raised to 2nd highest level

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

I wasn't aware of any non-Asian infections. From what I knew even the cases in other countries were Asians who had traveled to or from China, or stayed with those who had.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Catching up sorry. Just wanted to say thank you. I read A coronavirus was found but I couldn't find any info about it just the Sendai Virus.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Can we all be civil please? This isn't politics, and this isn't the Mudpit. If you want to have uncivil discourse then by all means go and start one in the Mudpit.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
The uk fella on cruise ship doesn't look very Asian to me, I posted a link a page or 2 back

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not going to lie I get lost with some of those medical terms. I'm sure someone will come along to say whether it's right or wrong.

The spike protein from the Wuhan strain is closer to RaTG13 overall, probably due to the S1-NTD subdomain being so different in the pangolin coronavirus. From the S1-CTD section on, the Wuhan strain and the pangolin strain are pretty similar (~97%), except for the furin cleavage site insertion.

It seems unlikely that the receptor binding domain–and especially the receptor binding motif–would be nearly identical to one found in pangolin through random chance.

source

This is quite interesting. The short paper you linked is about the report I posted earlier about Pangolins. 2 of them had a number of Bat coronavirus including SARS, Pangolin7 & Pangolin8.

The short paper says, they used the genomes from the coronavirus of both Pangolins and used computer modeling to reconstruct a theoretical coronavirus genome that was approximately 84% complete. The modeled genome displays 97% amino acid identity across the same spike receptor binding domain segment, of 2019-ncov.

The model genome shows that multiple Bat coronavirus found in Pangolins, can exchange RNA (recombine) and mutate into a new (novel) coronavirus with very similar properties to 2019-ncov, where it attaches to the cell.

Link to the Pangolin report, www.mdpi.com...

edit on 7-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EarthShine
a reply to: primalfractal I recommend y'all see this video; link sent from a man whose wife is in the medical profession, she a chemist and PhD, he a former engineer. Proffers possibly reliable info that may buoy up conspiracy theorists.

www.youtube.com...

Novel Corona-Virus - Fighting The War On Facts - What Do We Really Know? Why Are We Demonetized?

Thanks, brings up something I've not really contemplated yet.

If it was a possibly deliberate bioweapon release, who attacked whom, and will there be a retaliation?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Sorry

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Has anyone posted this yet

another cruise liner.. turned away from Phillapines, Japan and now Guam

Sure I read of a 3rd one somewhere too, will try and find it

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

originally posted by: EarthShine
a reply to: primalfractal I recommend y'all see this video; link sent from a man whose wife is in the medical profession, she a chemist and PhD, he a former engineer. Proffers possibly reliable info that may buoy up conspiracy theorists.

www.youtube.com...

Novel Corona-Virus - Fighting The War On Facts - What Do We Really Know? Why Are We Demonetized?

Thanks, brings up something I've not really contemplated yet.

If it was a possibly deliberate bioweapon release, who attacked whom, and will there be a retaliation?

Personally, from everything I’ve read, I don’t think this was a deliberate release by anyone. My opinion is that it was something the bio lab in Wuhan was working on and it got out. It only really makes sense that warnings from the scientists at the lab generated the gargantuan response from the CCP. No country, not even China, crippled themselves like this over a flu virus, novel or not. They didn’t do it for SARS - and that is supposedly worse. Although I’m starting to think it might not be.

There are pictures of fire pits around Wuhan. You can find them. Not verifiable though, just odd.
edit on 7-2-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I laughed at the absurdity of that story that China are going to shoot all of the infected people.

Well they've just ordered that all infected people in Wuhan are to be rounded up.

Why? Where are they going to take them?

Where could be better than quarantined in hospital?

Edit - they're rounding up all suspected cases and their close contacts so they can be put in "quarantine camps".

FEMA camps.
edit on -06:0020205America/ChicagoFri, 07 Feb 2020 06:15:55 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0215 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join