It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Advantage

The earlier video I posted where they were talking about how death was handled during Spanish showed pictures from newspapers of stacks of full coffins just piling up because they literally could not bury them fast enough. Not only was the death toll too fast, but too many people were down sick.

I think the one gal said they commandeered seminary students to hand dig graves at one point because they were able bodied. That's how desperate they got. They didn't have the means to cremate.

Yeah I watched it
Excellent watch! Hope we dont need to put any of those lessons learned into practice. My brain keeps bouncing back to fema coffins. As far as the help at the hospital.. in any other disaster you get folks coming out of the woodwork to help in any way they can. I guess not so much at a hospital ground zero for a highly infectious critter that they keep lying about...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

"Disease Burden of Influenza" that is for the entire country estimated year over year. What I was curious about is the burden on the healthcare system if the US were to experience a sudden rise in one additional flu illness requiring hospitalization like China. Could we handle the extra load? I'm not sure.

For the graphs & charts link it's a dashboard of pages built on Microsoft Power BI. It may be your browser though I'm using Firefox. The charts are auto-generated as you click through the pages.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: pasiphae

"Disease Burden of Influenza" that is for the entire country estimated year over year. What I was curious about is the burden on the healthcare system if the US were to experience a sudden rise in one additional flu illness requiring hospitalization like China. Could we handle the extra load? I'm not sure.

For the graphs & charts link it's a dashboard of pages built on Microsoft Power BI. It may be your browser though I'm using Firefox. The charts are auto-generated as you click through the pages.

Oh I seriously doubt we could handle the load. In any major city.

Firefox... I have 2 browsers open. Safari was the last thing I used to log into ATS a long while ago before this outbreak so I didn't know my password to log in to Firefox haha! My Safari browser is not updated so that's probably why I can't see your second link.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok is it just me, but the information more notably the videos coming out of Wuhan/China has significantly decreased, seems to be more centred around the outside China updates and videos

Bloody communists

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Ok is it just me, but the information more notably the videos coming out of Wuhan/China has significantly decreased, seems to be more centred around the outside China updates and videos

Bloody communists

Because all is well and good now. This whole thing was a ruse. Just go to bed knowing all is well.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

By who, exactly? Anyone out of China breaks from the official story and they're considered highly doubtable by half the people and anything coming out of the official government or the globally controlled media is only believable if your a naive child who has spent their life with blinders on to avoiding seeing the daily lies official narratives feed us.

I go by this... "is this plausible and likely?" If I was stuck in a quarantine in a city of 11 million under the rule of those communist bastards, I'd be lighting thing ablaze and then some, so YES this video is plausible and likely to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Advantage
WHO: No benefit for general public to wear mask amid nCoV scare

www.philstar.com...

The powers that be are trying desperately to counter a mask shortage. Translation... "We need masks for people in smoking hot zones more than we presently do in areas that to date only have smoldering embers, so please don't try to buy masks unless you're at ground zero." These types of official statements are so easily deconstructed and transparent.

I think the masks are more useful being on people who have the virus to limit the spread when they cough. The benefit for others I can see is that it would prevent you from touching your nose and mouth with your fingers.

To be honest, I think wearing rubber gloves might be a much better idea. I'm going to put packs of them in the vehicles to wear whenever I have to stop for gasoline. Put on a set, pump the gasoline, then discard them right there. Wish they were more flesh colored though. That blue sure stands out a bit much. I've been stocking up from Harbor Freight the last week or so. They also had face masks there, if that is a source some people might have overlooked.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
What’s even more concerning about that cruise ship in Japan, the virus has been found in the feces of the infected. That ship if not treated with uttermost care can become a Trojan horse.

Hmm, I'm almost afraid to ask this. How long can this virus survive in salt water?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Is Chen #QiuShi the 1st victim? Fang Bin's law: put healthy people in "preventative" quarantine

Martial law is gaining ground. While many infected people are sent home to die, anyone who comes in close contact with an infected person or body is subject to indefinite detention. So anyone who tried to interview or report on what is happening at the hospital, crematorium or other infection control centers is subject to this new notice.

Fang Bin's law is about quarantining information. There is already stiff penalties (7+ years) for anyone discussing the virus online and strict censorship policies that are being implemented. As things do degrade further, more draconian measures are to be expected.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 31,500 confirmed cases worldwide, including 639 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Expanding on an earlier post from member misfit312, about Pangolins being a potential intermediate host for 2019-ncov.

Here is a recent report from October 2019 about 12 types of Bat coronavirus, including SARS, found in Chinese Pangolins.

www.mdpi.com...

Highlights,

Because of the huge demand for their meat as a delicacy and their scales for use in traditional medicines, pangolins are the most poached and trafficked mammal in the world. That is why all the eight pangolin species are included in the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora

A total of 21 organ samples of lung, lymph and spleen from 11 dead Malayan pangolins that could not be rescued by the Guangdong Wildlife Rescue Center were used to reveal viral diversity of pangolins.

One or several members of the Coronaviridae families were identified in 2 out of the 11 individuals (individual 07 and 08). For several of these pangolin samples, larger contigs were produced, and the length ranged from 503 to 2330 bp. Though there was high species variety of Coronavirus detected, SARS-CoV was the most widely distributed (Table 3).

The Sendai virus was the most widely distributed pathogens in 11 dead Malayan pangolins, which was one of the potential causes of their death. The whole genome and individual gene phylogenies for Sendai virus sequences assembled in this study all showed that the Sendai virus from Malayan pangolin had the closest relationship with the strain isolated from humans, which strongly suggests the possibility that the Sendai virus is transmitted between pangolins and humans.

Besides the Sendai virus, Coronaviruses were also detected as potential pathogens of Malayan pangolins. The phylogeny of Coronavirus sequences assembled and strains from four Coronavirus genera demonstrated complex genetic relationships and high species diversity of the Coronavirus in Malayan pangolins.

Considering the outbreak of SARS which was transmitted by masked palm civet from the natural reservoir of bats, Malayan pangolins could be another host with the potential of transmitting the SARS coronavirus to humans. As a consequence, the viral metagenomic study of Malayan pangolin is meaningful both for the conservation of rare wild animals and public health.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
2005 Bat Coronavirus report

I got curious, and was doing some looking into SARS, when I saw this link.

It was last updated in 2005, and mentions three different coronaviruses were found in bats.

I guess the information wasn't taken seriously or something.

For the record the CT in me definitely thinks that this was either an accidental release, or worse released on purpose.

As far as the virus mutating maybe it picked a few things from each host until it got to whatever forms it's taken.

Do we even know if we're only dealing with one strain of this "Novel Coronavirus," or is there more than one strain?

Am I wrong in thinking that the strains that are being isolated on cruise ships and such could mutate into newer versions that aren't yet present?

Heck, I mean if I really want to be alarmist, and people have been stating that there could be as much as a three month incubation period. Hell, who's to say that a whole lot of us all around the world don't already have it. Maybe it's just laying dormant until something triggers it into doing it's thing and screwing up our immune systems.

That's how it works right? It causes the immune system to overload, and allows for bacterial infections to attack and destroy the lungs no?

Heck, that seems a lot like an auto-immune virus. It's already been reported that a mother passed it on to her newborn.

If we want to take the conspiracy one step further and say AIDS/HIV was government created, maybe they decided to create a new version that doesn't require sexual activities or blood contact.

Maybe this virus has a remote trigger. Maybe it has a long activation period longer than two or three months. Maybe it was only designed to affect Asian males as a trial run. To see if TPTB could create a virus that can be controlled.

Maybe this release was on purpose to see in real world scenario how the world would react, how our medical facilities could respond.

Hell, the US and Canada have a long track record of unethical science experiments on it's people.

Who's to say that this isn't the same thing on a much more maniacal scale?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The report I linked earlier said they knew this was moving into human clusters in 2018.. in Guangdong. It was from the Bat coronavirus infecting swine at a swine farm.. and swine are what makes it genetically possible to make the jump from a zoonotic virus to a human virus. No one read the post I dont think.. I believe its the smoking gun. They knew about the bat coronavirus since 2002.. but when it got into the swine ( mixing vessel) population is when it movef to humans.

this report

edit on 7-2-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

Secondary report with significant information
edit on 7-2-2020 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: musicismagic

It is to a limited degree, but it doesn't pass that way easily like say the measles does.

If you get coughed on directly or sneezed on directly, you have something to worry about. If you are sharing close, confined quarters with someone who is coughing or sneezing, you have a worry, but generally speaking, it's not going to float through the air system of your office building very well.

Well, yeah, but if this virus can survive for up to 28 days on a stainless steel surface, then that means all those virus particles being expelled are going to go SOMEWHERE and remain there for quite a while. And of course, the question hangs in the air (no pun intended) concerning how long the virus particles can remain airborne once expelled by a cough of a sneeze.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
North Korea confirmed first case.

There were 41 new cases on the quarantined cruise liner in the port of Yokohama south of Tokyo, bringing the total diagnosed on the ship to 61

www.theguardian.com...

Not a good sign for North Korea, I doubt they have the resources to care for anyone but the elite of the elite.
edit on 7-2-2020 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Nice

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Thanks it's hard to keep up with how quickly this thread moves. I try and go back and pick up where I left off, but I'm sure I've missed a few things.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hey all, thanks for all the contributions and input, very useful to have the info in one place.

I've been following ATS for many years, hadn't attempted to log for a while due to all the US politics threads, so long I had to create a new account!

I'm in UK, people I mention Corona to think I'm a bit crazy, but something is defo not right with the media coverage on this.

I did have a thought, which I'm not sure I've seen mentioned in these two informative threads...

In the UK, in my county, we have our rubbish collected once a week, and recycling once every two - in China, the quarantine areas, what do they normally do for rubbish colleections? What will happen?

Thanks again all

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
People could get the novel coronavirus more than once, health experts warn - recovering does not necessarily make you immune

Zhan Qingyuan, director of pneumonia prevention and treatment at the China-Japan Friendship Hospital, said even people who have recovered may not be immune to the virus.

"For those patients who have been cured, there is a likelihood of a relapse," he said in a briefing on Friday. "The antibody will be generated; however, in certain individuals, the antibody cannot last that long."

Doctors and virologists don't yet know enough about the Wuhan coronavirus to say whether humans develop full immunity after they've contracted the illness. According to Zhan, doctors aren't sure that the antibodies patients develop are strong or long-lasting enough to keep them from contracting the disease again.

Viruses can also mutate quickly, so immunity to one strain doesn't guarantee immunity to another.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Optimal

I'm just posting this to see what's up. I have Asperger's so excuse my communication style.

Excuse it? I love it. Thank you so much for the style and particularly the content.

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join