It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
On masks: I have emergency stock of 3M 9211 and 8511 N95 masks with vents. Did an experiment a week ago; wife and I wore them while shopping. After 20 minutes, we both were overheating. Not fun. And, nobody in the store was coughing. Made us wonder if the masks were making people pass out on the streets.

Some research: the N95 masks block 0.3um particles. The virus is 0.17um. But, the virus rides on 100um spit particles, and a common bandana cloth has porasity of abou 50um. So, bandana should be just effective as an N95 mask.

Now, when I go out, before I get out of my Jeep, I put on cheap vinyl gloves, sunglasses, and no mask. The most important part being that the gloves prevent me from touching my eyes or nose, and I take them off when I get back in the Jeep.

After stowing the groceries at home, I use 70% Ethyl Alcohol Purell on my hands, and avoid the new supplies for a day or two.

Personally, I think this is sufficient. If I start seeing a coughers when I shop, I will add a bandana. JMHO. YMMV.
edit on 6-2-2020 by Oleman because: speling

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

At this point, it may really be about as dangerous as the regular flu, but as you pointed out, they're all dying at once.

What looks scarier: 500 people who all die at once, or 500 people dead over the course of an entire season?

Let's put it another way: You can look things up, but in one weekend, 53 people can be shot in Chicago. No one seems to care because they die in separate incidents, maybe one or two here. one over there, possibly you get three at once in a drive-by, and so on and so forth. Let all 53 of those people die at once in one incident, and suddenly, the entire country cares and it's horrifying!

This is operating the same way.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Agit8d can you do me and everyone else a favor please ??

I’d like to see you start a sub thread to this one , link to it off page one , and the only thing the sub thread is used for is posting videos, news stories, ect.

Too much information in such a huge thread to easily reference stuff or see the bigger picture . If you start it people will fill it.
edit on 6-2-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Some interesting information here too..

Human to human xmission from a day ago

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Navieko

As far as the R0 goes, I don't think you can take much out of a cruise environment. Those things are like plague in a can.

But in terms of how this things behaves in large numbers of patients? Yeah, you may gather some very useful data there. Poor souls.

Let me give you something to consider

High rise buildings being locked or welded #

Would that qualify ?

Wuhan is full of upright cruise ships docked next to each other

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
FOX was just running a spot on how bad things may be in China and showing pictures of the hospitals they got.

Husband noticed that the doctors in scrubs were using to tape to hold all of their scrubs together, not just gloves and boots. He says that's bad, points to second and third-hand usage potentially.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I addressed that already with the fecal-oral route and how they were doing this. China still has simple squat toilets in many places. One man exposed/infected his entire building with SARS just through diarrhea, and they're wanting to bar people in together over just one case.

But the difference here is that we have open access to this cruise ship. We don't have any access to China and must accept what they tell us about things in their country.

I trust the data we get from the ships more than what China tells us currently.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
It's the potential for what this could become which is what's really scary -- sure if it all ended right now and the final tally was 600 or so people dead -- no biggie in the grand scheme of things. But this is still very early days with no good reason to expect it slowing anytime soon, and the potential for it to get a whole lot worse in time to come. The fact that we're not able to trust the numbers coming out of China, and seeing the drastic measures China is taking -- makes it all the worst.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Well yes, it is scary.

But I feel less scared to know about something, so that why I dig at it.

Know your enemy as they say.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you are referring to the blue tape on the back and all seems, Wife was laughing and pointed that out in pics from WeChat over a week ago. I suspect that is just reinforcing the seems, or they are made that way. Have seen this in most pics since.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

greatgameindia.com...

Frank Plummer – Canadian Scientist Key To Coronavirus Investigation Assassinated In Africa?
edit on 6-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Just a heads up
because of the lack of verifiable info,it's always good to err on the side of caution
preparation is the remedy to panic
iv'e done some limited research and from what i can tell the biggest threat from this virus is the Pneumonia
To my point
If hospitals get jammed,Oxygen concentrators are available for sale to the public that could be of use,possibly to you and/or your loved ones
just a thought

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

FOX was just running a spot on how bad things may be in China and showing pictures of the hospitals they got.

Husband noticed that the doctors in scrubs were using to tape to hold all of their scrubs together, not just gloves and boots. He says that's bad, points to second and third-hand usage potentially.

Have you listened to the video that a reporter leaked before he was quarantined.. the one showing the bodies in the van? He said they were getting a lot of donated goods but they just sit on the pallets becuas ethey are all individually wrapped and no one available to unwrap them.

I have been through BAGS of 25 in a shift in isolation rooms due to going in or out. You NEVER wear one outside of the room.. it had like a negative pressure thing in some rooms and others you just take the stuff off before you leave and bin it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

That's how they've been for the last 2 weeks (have seen lots of videos of them dressed that way). And.... the only other time I've seen that was when there was the big Ebola scare so they are taking some really serious precautions.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

I'd feel better to know that my infection control scrubs needed me to tape over all their seams in order for them to work properly.

This again goes back to China usually having only one supplier for a thing, and if it isn't well made, then you make do. They also end up re-using a lot of stuff, especially in their lab environments. Husband posted about it in another thread, but quality in items is hit or miss over there as they are a centrally planned, single-supplier economy in many cases for many things.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So 637 deaths so far as officially reported and only 1 outside of China. Yeah not buying that... Personally think no one is being honest with the numbers.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

The earlier video I posted where they were talking about how death was handled during Spanish showed pictures from newspapers of stacks of full coffins just piling up because they literally could not bury them fast enough. Not only was the death toll too fast, but too many people were down sick.

I think the one gal said they commandeered seminary students to hand dig graves at one point because they were able bodied. That's how desperate they got. They didn't have the means to cremate.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I addressed that already with the fecal-oral route and how they were doing this. China still has simple squat toilets in many places. One man exposed/infected his entire building with SARS just through diarrhea, and they're wanting to bar people in together over just one case.

But the difference here is that we have open access to this cruise ship. We don't have any access to China and must accept what they tell us about things in their country.

Locking people in buildings seems to be the best way to kill off this virus, it’ll kill everyone inside like we see with the cruise ship stats, are they hoping just to kill off Wuhan and hope it blows itself out ? Looks like it

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
So 637 deaths so far as officially reported and only 1 outside of China. Yeah not buying that... Personally think no one is being honest with the numbers.

It simply means the mortality numbers are lower than some of the scare percentages that are floating around.

Consider that there are barely 100+ cases outside China as of yet. So if this has a mortality around 2%, then only having 1 or 2 deaths to date would be expected beyond the borders of China.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Locking people in buildings seems to be the best way to kill off this virus, it’ll kill everyone inside like we see with the cruise ship stats, are they hoping just to kill off Wuhan and hope it blows itself out ? Looks like it

They're carrying out quarantine.

As they get more and more desperate to contain this thing, they're getting more and more extreme about it.

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join