It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Frank Olsen of the L.S.D fame also 'jumped' off a building...

Someone really didn't want him to talk either.

History truly does repeat itself.
edit on 2-2-2020 by Ch1m3ra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
IS there a signal a threshold that you all are waiting for to know when to go in to full panic mode???
[...]

I was just about to write, as soon as it kills someone outside China.... then I read the news....

I apologize for sounding racist!
When it kills a none Asian person, then I'll be seriously worried.

Prepare, then you don't need to panic, we went shopping yesterday. If everyone starts panicking and stocking up, we'll just stay at home.

No point trying to hide later, either disappear NOW, or you will be exposed to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldolas

Waiting for others to quarantine is not prudent. I decided to keep my family on a "staycation" as soon as the first case came to my area. But my family is in a position to do so. We work from home and homeschool. So this was an easy choice. Given it takes 2 weeks for symptoms to arise, one can be infectious in the meantime, and at first, CDC wasn't testing certain high risk individuals, I felt this was appropriate. At the very least, my family will have a whole lot of Marvel movies under our belts by the end of this. lol

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Sorry, I was trying to respond to celltypespecific , but I am not very good at this site. Have been mostly a lurker the past 15 years or so.

link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
there's no way to contain a virus that can infect people, show 0 symptoms for up to 2 weeks yet be infectious in that time.

You can never get in front of that, especially when the r-0 is around 2.5-3.5

If this doesnt stop spreading then all air traffic will be need to be grounded and each country will have to look at its own quarantine policies.

Thats practically what I said early on Chop and still think the same.

please, calm my nerves and tell me where im wrong on that assumption

That`s easy, stay calm as your going to die of cancer, a road accident, heart disease, misc or old age anyway.

Feel better yet?

I also have to admit just as you did, the Mrs and myself went down the shops this morning and past an Asian guy with his young boy, the boy had an "I heart Hong Kong" shirt on and I held my breath for 10 seconds and said to myself damn you Chop.

link   

Since this started, I have saved these WHO Situation Reports PDFs to my computer as a quick way to look at how the numbers change each day. When saving, I use the date, report#, how many confirmed, how many suspected. Example:

sitrep7-jan 27 2019-ncov - 2798 confirmed 5794 suspected.pdf
sitrep8-jan 28 2019-ncov - 4537 confirmed 6973 suspected.pdf
sitrep9-jan 29 2019-ncov - 5997 confirmed 9239 suspected.pdf
sitrep10-jan 30 2019-ncov - 7736 confirmed 12167 suspected.pdf
sitrep11-jan 31 2019-ncov - 9720 confirmed 15238 suspected.pdf

I have all of them up to #11, so I did my nightly routine and when to get #12....and to my surprise!! The one for today does NOT have a number for suspected cases!? See for yourself! Wonder if they just forgot to add it? Check them out...

HERE

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

hah - my pleasure!

i went to macca's today.. i was watching the lady behind the counter, she would fill up a coke, then use a clothe that's sitting on the bench to wipe the coke cup - all over the top and edges etc...and wipe any mess off... she used the same clothe on about 15 drinks, and it sat.. on the table.. in front of customers when she wasnt using it.. covered in different drinks and flys were in there - it must have been used all day on 100's of drinks...

i refused the drink, told her that was a very bad idea and asked for another

I've suddenly become very conscious of the surfaces i touch!

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

New video of a person suddenly collapsing on the ground at the station in Hong Kong. #coronavirus (Posted by S. Dimpinoudis)

twitter.com...

could be nothing...
edit on 2/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hi guys, been keeping up with the thread for the last week, great thread

Just wanted to leave some info we have from the doctors in the hospital regarding virus viability:
30 days in freezer
6 days in fridge
8 hours at room temp
Bodies remain infectious after death!

thats what the doctors here in Germany are saying for viable lab samples, I don’t know how that would vary in the wild due to other factors.
Also a question to throw out there, with all the quarantined and locked in houses in China wouldn’t that mean they would have to go house by house (flat) room by room check and clear before they could lift the quarantine ?
Also India 1case ??? Surely that should be higher?
edit on 2-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: spelling correction

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldolas

originally posted by: celltypespecific
IS there a signal a threshold that you all are waiting for to know when to go in to full panic mode???
[...]

I was just about to write, as soon as it kills someone outside China.... then I read the news....

I apologize for sounding racist!

No point trying to hide later, either disappear NOW, or you will be exposed to it.

Exactly.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ch1m3ra
More food for thought Twitter

In 2010 The Wuhan Institute of Virology was working on essentially increasing the infectiousness of SARS-Coronovirus (bat species) and published this paper Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) proteins of different bat species confer variable susceptibility to SARS-CoV entry

Chimeric ACE2 was constructed by combining the N-terminal region of bat ACE2 with the C-terminal portion of human ACE2 at the unique BamHI site

An HIV-1-luciferase pseudotype virus carrying the SARS-CoV BJ01 S protein, HIV/BJ01-S, was prepared as described previously [13]. HeLa cells were seeded onto 96-well plates for 18 h and then transfected with 0.2 μg recombinant plasmid containing bat or human ACE2 using 0.5 μL Lipofectamine 2000 (Invitrogen, USA) according to the manufacturer’s protocol.

That's 10 years ago...

More disinformation from social media. This is a good example why bullsh!t is being deleted from twitter and facebook etc.

The study had nothing at all to do with increasing the infectiousness of SARS. The study was about how SARS binds to the ACE2 receptor. A pseudovirus is an inert virus that can be used in a low level security lab BSL2, where only aseptic technique and HEPA filter bio-cabinet is needed.

The HIV-1 pseudovirus was given a bioluminescence gene from a firefly (luciferase) and the binding protein from SARS. It was done this way, so the SARS virus binding to ACE2 could be observed due to illumination. The HIV-1 was simply the carrier for the bioluminescence.

The infection was monitored by measuring luciferase activity, expressed from the reporter gene carried by the pseudovirus, using a luciferase assay kit

Since all lines of investigation have indicated that ACE2-binding affinity is among the important determinants for SARS-CoV host range, our data would suggest that M. Daubentonii and R. sinicus have the potential to serve as the direct reservoirs for human SARS-CoV or its highly related civet SARS-CoV.

Sequence variations of bat ACE2, especially in positions that are critical to SARS-CoV binding, such as residues 27, 31, 35, and 41, suggest that, in addition to the Md-YN and Rs-HB ACE2s, there may be many other bats with an ACE2 protein that makes them susceptible to SARS-CoV entry.

link.springer.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
[ENG SUB] Chen Qiushi: Most Calls For Help Are Real; The Crematorium Service Is Overwhelmed

Chen has been doing some quality reporting out of the affected area. You may need to turn on closed captions to translate what he is saying.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
New on here the last week, only joined since all this has started. I'm from oxford uk, I may of read way to much into this, everyone I know in my circle of friends/family is feeling under the weather everyone has symptoms of some sorts (mainly runny nose/coughing/headache) developed over last week including myself. Anyone else experiencing this aswell? A twitter poll would be good to see, I dont really do social media untill the last week so dont really understand it all.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Quick tidbit

Reports and videos of big frequent riots in Wenzhou after strict quarantine are on Twitter and WeChat before being removed.

I’ve asked for confirmation but nothing yet. Suspect it is true but my accent expert is asleep.

Also another mayor near Wuhan, says big increase in cases incoming, that’s on video across Twitter, it came from WeChat back on Friday US time.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yeah who knows, It maybe a train station and security nabbed him before going through that turnstile.

The man doesn`t appear to be wearing a mask (unsure), maybe the police got heavy handed as other video`s have suggested?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

It’s a subway station. And to me it looks like a Shenzhen or mainland station.

Hong Kong stations generally are color coded, meaning all the walls are the same color, usually the floor with the actual subway and some striping or colors on the turnstile floor. Also those uniforms don’t appear to be Hong Kong styled subway police uniforms but I could be off on that one.

ALso the guy on the ground I hate to say this he’s dressed more like a mainlander to me at least.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!

I just saw this on the BBC News site. There has now been a death outside China.

BBC NEWS

Rev

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Fiji leading the way, they banned all visitors from China and any person transiting via China must undergo 14 day quarantine. Reading that other islands countries will follow soon.

Links at search engine of choice.

Also been a suicide in Wuhan, man who rented another apartment so as to not infect his family due to hospital refusal, ran out of food and threw himself off a 4 floor high overpass. Sad.

Video on Twitter, I won’t post it though.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Britain's THIRD coronavirus case is reported as 'Chinese soldier tests positive in Walsall hospital'

www.dailymail.co.uk... UK

I highly doubt it, but just imagine... if this patient turned out to have the unblemished original strain found at the absolute beginning.. the index

edit on 2/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

ALso the guy on the ground I hate to say this he’s dressed more like a mainlander to me at least.

You lost me on this bit.

What would be the significance if he was a mainlander?

don`t they get along if from abroad or something other?

new topics

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join