It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

Salisbury myself these days with family in Abingdon.

There has been a lot of nasty coughs/cold flu things about this winter so could just be the normal stuff but the trouble is we just don't know - mgiht be with our better immune systems due to healthier diet and sanitation we are just getting it mild.

The trouble is we are not getting the info and all we can do is watch the official spread while keeping an eye on twitter/wechat etc and assuming the real situation is somewhere in between.

Until we see how it starts spreading outside china we are in the dark to a large extent or if social media from countries that start a spread start getting heavily censored etc then it's time to batten down the hatches.

So for now it's difficult to say what to do for the average working people who have to commute and mix in large crowds factories/offices etc as we still need to pay the bills.

This period of limbo is POSSIBLY our last chance to get some extra stocks in but i don't want to make people rush about in panic mode however I also want to advise laying in a few extra bits and pieces JUST IN CASE.

Everybody should always be prepped as much as they can afford anyway - rice, pasta, pulses etc are cheap and easy to store. Just make sure you have things to flavour and to them - garlic.onion and pepper/chilli families have all sorts of health benefits and again can be stored in many ways.

For those who have a garden get in some vege seeds now to plant out as this will give you fresh healthy vege/salad to eat whatever happens (it tastes sooooooo much better than most of the crap in shops) runner beans give one of the best returns by area so even a couple of pots/bags can give you a lot of beans as an example.

I have written and rewritten this a few times and deleted similar responses more times over the last few days as I DO NOT want stir up panic BUT this situation warrants keeping an eye on for a while yet and IF it continues to spread as it has then we will all need to take precautions. (The problem is by the time governments respond it's generally too late as they are more worried about financial loss and loss of control as people panic)

Still not sure this is saying what I want it to say or striking the right tone but as they used to say in Hill street Blues "Lets be careful out there"

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Also been a suicide in Wuhan, man who rented another apartment so as to not infect his family due to hospital refusal, ran out of food and threw himself off a 4 floor high overpass. Sad.

Video on Twitter, I won’t post it though.

Yes very sad to hear.

I read a story of a father and son who were forced into quarantine, which left his other 17 year old with severe Cerebral Palsy who was unable to feed or care for himself was left alone for 6 days and died.

Heart wrenching to read.

The amount of situations such as these would be staggering.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Live: Construction of first specialized #coronavirus hospital in Wuhan completes, to become operational on Feb.3

VIDEO shows inside facility
twitter.com...

VIDEO: www.pscp.tv...

Sounds like the makeshift hospital would be run by the military.

Anybody else notice that they have bars on all the windows in this new hospital. I don't know how to post a picture here but just look at the video.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The link now says the reports are untrue? Although I suspect there was some truth to them but maybe the virus isn't confirmed yet?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

You mean these bars?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: tarifa37

You mean these bars?

Yes and I think also saw them on internal walls inside. Will have to double check.
Edit to add, yes bars on interior room walls as well. Looks more like a cell than a hospital room. But I guess they need to keep it secure.
edit on 2-2-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Still not sure this is saying what I want it to say or striking the right tone

Your advice is very reasonable. You are correct; wait too long and it will be difficult to get the basics. Waiting until we have to push through panicky crowds will not be good.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Has it been mentioned how this virus started? Is it related to the pig virus that gangs were purposely infecting farms with?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
link to study

Hwang Kao-pin (黃高彬), director of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at Taichung-based China Medical University, said it was not uncommon to find viruses in stool, but warned that the new finding still needed to be taken seriously.

The new transmission path could pose a threat, the physician said, because if infected stool is splashed by water out of a toilet, the virus it carries could live for 2-3 hours in the air and up to five days on the surface of an object.
To lower the infection risk, toilets should be disinfected with alcohol before they are used and flushed with their lids on, Hwang said, also stressing that washing hands with soap was critical to preventing disease.

bolded by me as many have been asking about surfaces - but again it's only a 'could live'

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Seems the Red Cross are taking a bashing for their lack of effort in getting supplies to the needed. The words piss up and brewery spring to mind.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Philippines health official (I assume) just gave an tv statement and account of the death

He said the victim developed sevre pneumonia, then appeared to recover for several days, then suddenly his condition deteriorated and he died within 24hrs
edit on 2/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Try this guy

try providing an actual scientific source instead of some whackjob i couldn't stand more than 10 minutes of, because he talks to people like they're idiots, treats medical professionals like they're idiots, while himself being either a complete idiot or a liar - most likely both - since he claims a bunch of things about 5G and the truth is - surprise surprise - those waves don't even penetrate your skin and most get reflected off it.

seriously, you're not providing sources. you're providing BS spread by some whackjob that will most likely be the first in line to get vaccinated when someone close to him dies from this pandemic.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Agit8dChop

This is outside of China a pantomine a theatre a psyop because the economic system is at an end and they have to reset, hence the Chinese 9-11 and global false flag this possibly is.

Vaccines with nanotechnology and 5g to operate it
Control of food resources you wont be able to grow your own, China has had a swine flu now conveniently bird flu is back
cashless society.

Isn't it amazing one week after Davos all this unfolds.
Sure call me a paranoid schizophrenic
but Ive been on this website long enoug to know there are no 'accidents' in the big picture.

Yeeh this may be the reset they been talking...5G and all..

"The global elitists who created the economic paradigm of Sustainable Development through the United Nations, have been preparing for an economic reset (death) of Capitalism and Free Enterprise. In 2015, the head of climate change at the UN, Christiana Figueres, clearly stated:

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the industrial revolution.”

article

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Unfortunately events like this bring out the whack jobs and the glory hunters. Quite sad really. We need to be dealing with the facts and adding cautionary notes to anything which isn’t verifiable, as I have done with info from my sons friend. This situation is grave enough without sicko’s and attention seekers jumping on what they perceive as a bandwagon.

The only real problem is that we are not getting the true facts from China and that makes for fertile ground. They appear to have maxed out their testing ability and are clearly not revealing the real magnitude of this disaster. Likewise we do not yet know enough to realistically extrapolate further or ongoing health issues caused by the infection. There has been discussion around it’s disruptive affect on the immune system, but much more data is required to accurately assess its true impact. a reply to: jedi_hamster

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Singapore confirms 2 more Wuhan virus cases, including 2nd Singaporean woman on Scoot flight from Wuhan

the second Singaporean to be infected with the virus was also asymptomatic when she boarded the flight.

Upon arrival at Changi Airport, she was found to have a fever during medical screening, and was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).

planes.. its almost as if planes themselves are incubators
edit on 2/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

#Wuhan #China announce the 1000 bed #Coronarivus hospital (#Huoshenshan) has been inaugurated & handed over to the people's army medical contingent

lets get the WHO in there to monitor and start reporting real numbers

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Live: Construction of first specialized #coronavirus hospital in Wuhan completes, to become operational on Feb.3

VIDEO shows inside facility
twitter.com...

VIDEO: www.pscp.tv...

Sounds like the makeshift hospital would be run by the military.

Anybody else notice that they have bars on all the windows in this new hospital. I don't know how to post a picture here but just look at the video.

Yep and thought it was because of situations like this..

Also in these new hospitals I wouldn`t be surprised if people acted like the above they may find themselves disappeared out the back in a puff of smoke.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Singapore confirms 2 more Wuhan virus cases, including 2nd Singaporean woman on Scoot flight from Wuhan

the second Singaporean to be infected with the virus was also asymptomatic when she boarded the flight.

Upon arrival at Changi Airport, she was found to have a fever during medical screening, and was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).

planes.. its almost as if planes themselves are incubators

When the aircraft lands and the cabin cleaners board all they do is remove the trash and sometimes vacuum with a hand held sweeper. That leaves the tray tables, arm rest as possible contagious points of transmission. The Bathrooms are cleaned the best as they are usually a mess anyway especially after an international flight..

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Person today dies of the corona virus in the Philippines. President goes on national TV. Wow! Is this the first death outside of China? Tokyo time:8:30 pm 2-2-20

Sorry folks, I see this was already posted.
edit on 0200000033342020-02-02T05:34:33-06:00343302am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

#Wuhan #China announce the 1000 bed #Coronarivus hospital (#Huoshenshan) has been inaugurated & handed over to the people's army medical contingent

lets get the WHO in there to monitor and start reporting real numbers

At this point, nobody is going to give the true numbers. If it is really bad there, which the censorship seems to indicate, not one government or organization is going to be "allowed" to let people get afraid.

I am not saying it is really really bad, but if it was, it would be akin to UFO disclosure. There is way to much financial and social stability risk to letting people believe their govt isn't in control of the situation.

It doesn't take much to get people to panic, and anything more than a controlled increase in numbers and "nothing to worry about--we've got it covered--we're just going to set up some quarantine stations as a precaution" is not going to happen from official sources.

This isn't just with respect to China. The WHO (that is currently relying on CCP reporting), the UN, the US, EU, etc. (pretty much any major country) is going to be practicing their best propaganda until they can't anymore.

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join