It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian CEO mad at US over Iran Crash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

With the whole US approach to project "freedom & democracy ME", I wouldn't single out a scapegoat

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: rickymouse

I value justice and find it disturbing to execute a person without a fair trial.
Especially in this day and age when everybody just makes up stories to support their preferred propaganda.

did you have the same feeling when Al Awlaki was killed back in 2011 in the same manner ?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

If there's no justice for everybody it's not justice for anybody.
Drone strikes are not appropriate tools for stabilising anything.
Torture and terrorist tactics are wrong no matter who does it.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Dr UAE

If there's no justice for everybody it's not justice for anybody.
Drone strikes are not appropriate tools for stabilising anything.
Torture and terrorist tactics are wrong no matter who does it.

If a Democrat does it it's perfectly fine. Even if it kills innocent Americans. Nancy said it was appropriate.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I don't think so. To you maybe but it's wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Oh really? Do you always lie to yourself or is it just a TDS flareup?

In a late-night appearance in the East Room of the White House, Mr. Obama declared that “justice has been done” as he disclosed that American military and C.I.A. operatives had finally cornered Bin Laden, the leader of Al Qaeda, who had eluded them for nearly a decade. American officials said Bin Laden resisted and was shot in the head. He was later buried at sea.

The news touched off an extraordinary outpouring of emotion as crowds gathered outside the White House, in Times Square and at the ground zero site, waving American flags, cheering, shouting, laughing and chanting, “U.S.A., U.S.A.!” In New York City, crowds sang “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Throughout downtown Washington, drivers honked horns deep into the night.

NY Times

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like democrats blaming the system not working. Wonder I'd pelosi promised them something to make that statement

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He mentioned it once. And moved on. Litterally, said hes dead, and walked away. Then threw his dead body into the ocean.

Not his fault people actually liked what he did. How many people actually knew who soleimani actually was beyond those who are heavily invested into middle eastern affairs?

This is the second "big kill" for trump, and it's the same thing. A buildup, a big announcement and then a firestorm on twitter about how great he is and america is.

I think you're over zealousy for the love of defending trump clouds your mind a little. Obama didn't go to twitter to cry about everything and boast about every little thing he does including threats to other nations.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Forced? Who forced Iran to do anything?

I mean...they claim it was an accident. Why would you believe them? Their own citizens were murdered in protest of the event. Their own citizens dont believe them and were willing to die to state it publicly.

It sounds like you hate Trump enough to give Iran a pass on the murder of 167 people.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Funny how few people were concerned with Obama using drone strikes to execute an American citizen, yet are now whining and crying about Trump taking out an Iranian terrorist mastermind.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I value justice and find it equally disturbing to execute an innocent person without any trial exactly like these Islamic terrorist have done. Where is their justice? Hundreds, yet you show empathy for one man that's been shown many, many times to deserve what he got.
Hypocrisy is too narrow a word for it.

Anyone that thinks Soleimani and the word innocent belong on the same page need a reality check.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I think one of the dangers with social media is we cherry pick the wrong reactions to represent a whole.

I'm not saying that's what this is, but look how many times someone grabs a tweet from someone insignificant who happens to align themselves with the left or right, then proclaims that's the opinion of the whole.

I've been against military posturing with Iran, and many have lumped me with the left even though I disagree with the left regularly. When I do disagree with the left, I get grouped with the right.

The world is just missing nuance.

I and many others view things issue by issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Obama was liked by more people worldwide... and didnt make a big reality tv show out of what the US does in their death march across the middle east.

Ummm...ask Muamar Ghaddafi about that reality show death march...Or...Barry Soetoro's quaint lil ISIS brigades...

"We came...we saw...he died"...HE...He...He...

Your selective memory slip...is showing...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think one of the dangers with social media is we cherry pick the wrong reactions to represent a whole.

I expected Canada to have a weak reaction regarding all the people Iran murdered.
I was correct.

If it were Americans on board I would expect a different reaction. I would probably be right.

What is that saying, when people show you who they are, believe them.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I think droning multiple government officials of any country is bound to raise eyebrows,regardless of your leaning.
edit on 13-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

And it surely all matters. But Soleimani didn't kill the contractor or attack the embassy. Logic is only helpful when applied to facts.

who's name was painted on the walls again?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

I think droning a government official of any country is bound to raise eyebrows,regardless of your leaning.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate the future we are living in.
I remember a time when we talked about robots going to war. Something like a drone strike seemed like
a sci-fi thriller. It is amazing and scary at the same time. I think pandoras box has been opened with this.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He mentioned it once. And moved on. Litterally, said hes dead, and walked away. Then threw his dead body into the ocean.

Not his fault people actually liked what he did. How many people actually knew who soleimani actually was beyond those who are heavily invested into middle eastern affairs?

This is the second "big kill" for trump, and it's the same thing. A buildup, a big announcement and then a firestorm on twitter about how great he is and america is.

I think you're over zealousy for the love of defending trump clouds your mind a little. Obama didn't go to twitter to cry about everything and boast about every little thing he does including threats to other nations.

LOL, yea, hells yea, he should just let the MSM toot his horn. Why, if he didn't always steel their thunder, I bet they'd be all in praising him.

(that was sarcasm for the incredibly lost plot you seem to be involved in)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Agreed
edit on 13-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thats the kicker with Peeples argument....they arent wrong is disliking drone strikes in lieu of due process. Especially since we had special ops following so closely. We could have engaged and detained.

Itll only get worse im afraid.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join