It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian CEO mad at US over Iran Crash

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: rickymouse

I value justice and find it disturbing to execute a person without a fair trial.

Active warzone, military leader from an openly hostile country we have sanctions on, kibitzing with known leadership of the side we are in open conflict with... seems like the trial happened and the accused was deemed to be guilty to me. No great loss regardless.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Obama was liked by more people worldwide... and didnt make a big reality tv show out of what the US does in their death march across the middle east.

So leader of the free world as well as approval of actions that kill comes down to a basic popularity contest for you?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Obama didn't go to twitter to cry about everything and boast about every little thing he does including threats to other nations.

The media did this for Obama, so he didn't need Twitter. Trump? Netwrok TV News 93% negative stories about Trump

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Nope. But it sure has taken on that role more and more.

Social media has really taken politics to a new level.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Look at this thread, or lots of threads around ATS, it always turns into an Obama V Trump contest.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Look at this thread, or lots of threads around ATS, it always turns into an Obama V Trump contest.

In this particular case the question was valid. We have someone who was a vocal Obama supporter criticizing Trump for something Obama did with much, much greater frequency.

Pointing out an individual's hypocrisy is fair game, especially when the point that's trying to be made is that their butthurt essentially distills down to purely which team the POTUS in question plays for.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm still wondering how Obama an Trump still killed them, all the way from over here when it was definetly someone else.
edit on 13-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

And it surely all matters. But Soleimani didn't kill the contractor or attack the embassy. Logic is only helpful when applied to facts.

...Yet somehow in your logic Trump is responsible for killing Suleimani? Do you not see the failure in your own logic here?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Nope. But it sure has taken on that role more and more.

Social media has really taken politics to a new level.

This is why I don’t mind Trump.

Some things that he says and does are unrefined to say the least but I think that is partly because he isn’t concerned with being popular - other than maintaining a strong voter base because as a politician he needs them.

Nationally and Globally, I believe he puts doing what he believes to be the best course of action ahead of popularity.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

TrHators

I see what you did there.

I know Canadians are generally passive people, but blaming Trump for the loss of their citizens at the hands of Iran? That seems low for them.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Dr UAE

If there's no justice for everybody it's not justice for anybody.
Drone strikes are not appropriate tools for stabilising anything.
Torture and terrorist tactics are wrong no matter who does it.

Did you feel the same when Obama did it how many times?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Defending a terrorist. You must be a Democrat.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

And they assassinated an important American figure. Don't pretend that's fine either. PATHETIC.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yeah: we're kinda all idiots up here. Sorry !

But the good side is: even an idiot can become a CEO !! Yay !
Not like elsewhere on the planet, where only the best of the brightest and mostest bestest can become CEOs.

So: in your analogy: whom is the big bad bully ? And the punching kid ? And the shot-sister ?

Is the bully Liechtenstein ?
Those batardys ! Never trusted them !
They're like all: " Ooooohhhhh ! Look at us ! We're Liechtenstein !
We're soooooo coooool ! We're from Europe !
We're soooooo coooool ! We're gonna take all of your girlfriends !
Oooooooooo !
We're Liechtenstein !
We're soooooo coooool !

Once again: sorry !

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just going off the OP "title". Minus all the blah, blah and blah replies....

A "Canadian" "CEO" is pretty much irrelevant to any meaningful world events.

That's kinda like Mexico, expressing "displeasure" for the United States of America, not taking Welfare recipients off their hands.

The USA didn't pull the trigger on an "antiaircraft defence system" that shot down a "passenger aircraft" out of paranoia.

Part of being a "real man" in any 'civil order or society" is to admit "responsibility" when you pull the trigger on your own gun, and have the balls to explain why, when questioned.

When Canada spends half their GDP on "defence" an "Canadian CEO" may have a word, worth hearing. Until The USA can ride on "Canadian defense apparatus, and not the other way around?... Yeah, not really worth hearing.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
On which USA CEO should I look to pass a judgment on yourself or on your nation? Well I won't because surprisingly both USA and Canada are a mosaic of cultures, religions and ideologies. We as a whole respect and like american people, and like you, agree and disagree with our/your leaders.

Social media/news are of these days fertile grounds to leftist voices but there are many many others who uses their time elsewhere/don't want to be part of the argument turmoil causing an unrepresentative image on the net/tv.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Yeah: those ungrateful Canadians should all work 16-hour days, and give at least 3/4 of their salaries to build 'defense' !!
That's what people with 'balls' should do, right ?
'Cause nothing says " I'm a real man" like a well polished missile ! Right ? Right ?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Looks like the Iranians made a wise strategic move by murdering their own people. As a result the western world will be to busy fighting their tribal wars to effectively deal with the Iran.

I feel sorry for those Iranians who will be emboldened by recent events enough to stand up to their repressive government; we will likely abandon them again as we have in the passed because we are more intrested in bickering amongst ourselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I value justice and find it disturbing to execute a person without a fair trial.
Especially in this day and age when everybody just makes up stories to support their preferred propaganda.

I believe that perspective, stance is more than a lot rather prissy as well as ignoring widely brazen information affirming for decades the bloke's extreme guilt with many 100's of dead Americans AND OTHERS on his hands.

I deplore O's brazen personal drone killing of whomever suited his traitorous goals & strategies whether there was tons of evidence indicating it worth doing, or not. That's a different order of problem & situation.

This guy was drenched in blood, proud of it, boasting of it and left a long deep stream of a blood trail behind him. Ignoring all that evidence would have been treasonous, suicidal and terminally stupid.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Especially in this day and age when everybody just makes up stories to support their preferred propaganda.

Did you piss and moan at all during Obamas 200 drone strikes? methinks not. Even the Iranian public wanted this guy gone. But I suppose you know better

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join