It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian CEO mad at US over Iran Crash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If it were Americans on board I would expect a different reaction. I would probably be right.

We'd have a disproportionate response, or brand named like shock and awe.

After we lost thousands of our own, we went after two countries that had very little to do with it. We created two failing governments for both.

Afghanistan made sense because they harbored the taliban. Yet it's the Saudi's who export wahhabism.

Our responses may be grand, but that doesn't mean they're sensible, effective, or efficient.

This ceo sounds like a clown for blaming the US instead of the self admitted culprit... But even the US said it was likely an accident amid our tensions.

Canada will likely play ball with sanctions and scold Iran. I don't know what else would be fitting, for Canada at least.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Obama had Ghaddafi killed?

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I believe it's inevitable that the people of Iran will require some assistance

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Flashback 2011: Hillary Clinton Laughs About Killing Moammar Gaddafi: "We Came, We Saw, He Died!"

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

If they're waiting on us to reliably help them I'd say they're effing idiots considering our track record with them.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

We've given them that before.

Our idea of governance and ideology is different than that region. Yet we still think we can export ours and it work like at home.

Personally, I say let them all do it organically, and decide what their wants and needs are.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Thats the kicker with Peeples argument....they arent wrong is disliking drone strikes in lieu of due process. Especially since we had special ops following so closely. We could have engaged and detained.

Itll only get worse im afraid.

I and many here disagreed with that policy which was made popular by Obama. Which precedent was paved by the lawyers of his admin.

What happened this time was well within those guidelines, so no one would see me scream it was illegal by our own track record.

And yes, I'm afraid it will only get worse as well. Congress signed away their powers in 9/11. Many of whom are crying now even though they voted for it.

The hypocrisy on both sides of this issue is glaring. Shoe on the other foot and all that.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Obama had Ghaddafi killed?

Yes...by handing him over to the militants...he assured his death...so yes...he in effect had him killed...by proxies...but killed...

And your Heroine cackled...

Thus unleashing ISIS...and the aftermath...

Your hero Barry owns all of that...I'm sure he sleeps just fine...cause...MEH...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Your hero Barry owns all of that...I'm sure he sleeps just fine...cause...MEH...

If by MEH, you mean money... Yes, I'm sure that's what's helping him sleep.

Him and Michelle are projected to be a billion dollar power couple, surpassing the model Clinton's paved for neolibs.

Getting rich off politics while preaching to us citizens about our footprint and what not.

Comical really.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's not obama...

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Obama didnt start the civil war... you're just fixing the situation to make it Obama's fault.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
They were ethnic Iranians with Canadian passports .
Do you think your macho president would go to war if a an airplane full of ethnic Mexicans with us citizenship was accidentally shot down?
It's sad but its the truth

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

That's not obama...

It was the state department under his admin. Think of him as the CEO.

His foreign policy had a larger scope than Bush. He bombed four more countries if memory serves right... Even after campaigning on pulling out.

In many ways, the mess in the Middle East has roots to Obama.

Edit: I'm probably wrong by wording it as State department... But either way we had influence there.
edit on 13-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That's not obama...

But you are being pedantic!

So you get a prize. Something shiny.

Perhaps some foil.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Do you think your macho president would go to war if a an airplane full of ethnic Mexicans with us citizenship was accidentally shot down?

Yes I do, and the accident part is unknown.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think you're over zealousy for the love of defending trump clouds your mind a little.

Actually it's your TDS that is the issue considering you couldn't remember Obama bragging about killing Osama, the MSM tooting his horn for him or you and his other supporters cheering him on. All to just turn around and show extreme hypocrisy in this thread when Trump gets rid of a major terrorist.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: XCrycek

Yes I do, and the accident part is unknown.

So they shot down an airplane full of ethnic Iranians because.....

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The response I expected from Canada, the USA's mentally impaired step sibling.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I think you're over zealousy for the love of defending trump clouds your mind a little.

Actually it's your TDS that is the issue considering you couldn't remember Obama bragging about killing Osama, the MSM tooting his horn for him or you and his other supporters cheering him on. All to just turn around and show extreme hypocrisy in this thread when Trump gets rid of a major terrorist.

Osama was one of the few that brought USA to its knees so ofcourse he is bigger fish than Suleimani and it got more attention. 9/11 changed the world. What has Suleimani done? The admin claims he is responsible for deaths of 600 Americans in ME without proof what so ever. None of you didn't even know his name before he was killed.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: JAGStorm

Please. The US assassinated an important figure, plus the official Iraq guy as collateral damage.
Don't pretend that's fine and didn't play any part in the events that followed.

Because it's not as clear cut as you seem to think if the US is the bully or the kid.

Do you know how stupid you sound?

So according to you Trump is responsible - but how did Trump get elected - the American voters - but the majority of voters didn't vote for him so really it's the electoral college's fault - who came up with that - the founding fathers - but why did they do that - King George's oppression. King George is responsible for the downed airliner.

We could keep going - and it would be just as stupid.

The only one at fault is the one who performed the action. Especially when the one you are blaming for the action opposes the action you are blaming them form. Iran shot down the airliner period. Trying to shift blame off them is not logical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join