It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climatologists predicted today's Australian fires with precision in 2007

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Ok expert, riddle me this....if it’s real and all the doom and gloom, why tax it?? Why doesn’t the citizens of the earth save the planet?? Tax tax tax....

Stop being a Wunker

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
This belongs in the hoax bin

Ahh, you must be a flat Earther nutjob.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

Check out this video www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

This is completely ridiculous.

You really want to stand up for climate scientists predictions? They have been wrong 1000 times more than they have been right.

Maybe it’s just me but these fires being set by arsonists probably was more of a factor than CO2 levels.

But this is what really gets me - if 10 years ago Australia had gone into the Stone Age and stopped all co2 emmisions it would have changed NOTHING.

If you believe there is a real problem go after the real sources China and India.

umm the whole arsonist thing was a proven hoax spread by bots on Twitter. Don't spread nonsense, you are a part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
what is it about hoaxes and misinformation that is just so delicious people can't resist spreading it everywhere?

completely removed from context you'd imagine that ATS of all places - a conspiracy website!! - would sink it's everloving fangs into a scenario where a corrupt billionaire and his worldwide empire control a narrative in order to maintain the status quo that keeps them in charge.
Am i losing my mind? isn't that the sort of thing this site is meant to be ABOUT??

and yet, and yet. I've lost track of how many times i've seen proof that the arsonist narrative is a hoax - multiple times in this thread by page three - but i guess those damn hoaxes are just too tasty to refuse.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
what is it about hoaxes and misinformation that is just so delicious people can't resist spreading it everywhere?

completely removed from context you'd imagine that ATS of all places - a conspiracy website!! - would sink it's everloving fangs into a scenario where a corrupt billionaire and his worldwide empire control a narrative in order to maintain the status quo that keeps them in charge.
Am i losing my mind? isn't that the sort of thing this site is meant to be ABOUT??

and yet, and yet. I've lost track of how many times i've seen proof that the arsonist narrative is a hoax - multiple times in this thread by page three - but i guess those damn hoaxes are just too tasty to refuse.

It's a crying shame how many times that people have had to point this out in this thread alone.

Climate change deniers on ats musta missed the memo" you never go full retard"

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Check this out. More of Rupert's Work. The man is pure evil.

threadreaderapp.com...

'The Australian' ran a story title "Blame the Climate Bogeyman for NSW Fires". In it they quoted what they claimed was a PHD research fellow from University of NSW blaming a lack of hazard burning for the fires. However, in the link above, the woman involved, Meriah Foley, has spoken out. She did not say that at all. In fact, in the link above, it is shown how what she said was compiled from several unrelated tweets she had made and were quite literally woven together to say something that she NEVER ACTUALLY SAID.

This is News Corporation we are talking about here. The Rupert Murdoch empire. Caught red handed fabricating comment in the form of a quote that was never actually said. Proof is provided in the link above of the actual tweets where this was constructed from. It is actually breathtaking that a global news organisation of this magnitude would so brazenly construct such misinformation.

You have to ask yourself why? Why would News Corp, and Rupert Murdoch, be so hell bent on twisting the narrative surrounding these bushfires? It does appear that much of the misinformation that is spreading is originating from News Corp. It is then being shared, spoken about in online discourses and disseminated by automated accounts (as I have cited evidence for in multiple threads running atm).

Rupert Murdoch. The man is a demon.
edit on 12-1-2020 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Answer me this! Why have we seen a huge increase of man made climate change denier threads since trump has been in the white house? Is that a coincidence, or is it the simple fact that Trump fanatics believe everything he says.

If trump believed the climate change was man made, do you really think we will be seeing as many threads on here involving climate change deniers? Of course not!

So you have to ask yourself. How's can we take these people seriously when they cannot think for themselves, and let another human (mini god) do all these thinking for them!

Sad really!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I'll knock that smug look off your face. Your prediction is wrong.
Even my cat (whoops I don't have a cat, but then again no-one on here can see that so I'll pretend) could have predicted the Aussie fires. How many years can underbrush accumulate before it goes up. I 'm surprised it never went up sooner.
Now DB, as you know the accumulation of underbrush resulted in these fires in Cali. Now they've had these fires that's got rid of the accumulation I predict Cali WONT have any wild fires for about 10 years.
Bets on!!! If I win I want a crate of Devils water called Schrobbeler. If you win you can choose your poison.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
PS. with all these fires in Aussie and Cali have they found any Bigfoot (or is the plural Bigfeet) or Yowie bodies???

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
1. The core reasons these fires are so wide spread are the drought and a lack of back burning
2. It's impossible to predict droughts far in the future because rainfall predictions are only accurate on short time frames
3. If global warming is the cause of the drought shouldn't it be global, why aren't other nations seeing the same thing?
4. We (Australia) release around 1 to 2 percent of global CO2 emissions, China releases around 30% but they're fine
5. At least half of these fires were deliberately lit by arsonists, probably more than that
6. Australia's CO2 emissions have dropped substantially over the past decade, same for most other developed nations
edit on 12/1/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
umm the whole arsonist thing was a proven hoax spread by bots on Twitter. Don't spread nonsense, you are a part of the problem.

Uh mate no it's absolutely not a hoax, a large number of these fires were lit on purpose by scum bags, I recall at least 3 or 4 different fires reported to be lit by arsonists on Australian mainstream news. While I was up in Nowra a few weeks ago a fire was lit on purpose just outside of town. The embers from these fires also spread and go onto start other fires.

Yes a good fraction of the fires are natural, being a result of lightening or what ever, but you need to realize that not everything you disagree with is a hoax being spread by bots. You're doing exactly what you claim to be against by spouting such biased nonsense and you're dismissing legitimate facts, some times people say things because they are true.
edit on 12/1/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Ok expert, riddle me this....if it’s real and all the doom and gloom, why tax it?? Why doesn’t the citizens of the earth save the planet?? Tax tax tax....

Because the people who have hoodwinked us into accepting the crimminal enterprise known as tax have zero morals and will exploit every single crisis to squeeze every last cent from the people.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

the usual suspects will be along shortly to give us their usual non-sequiturs about jihadi arsonists attempting to obscure nibiru or boring waffle about taxes that shows they weren't paying attention to start with, but this is the REAL STUFF and i wanted to get in early to say how glad i am that there still are rational people on this site, it makes the whole thing much less of a chore. thankyou.

"For Neptune's sake , speak the King's English"
(Gunny on Spongebob)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I predict water will still be wet for some time to come.
The numbers presented in the OP are a consensus of all the tiny little voices inside those folks' heads.
You did see where there is not ONE "climatologist" amongst all the names on both papers , yes ?

edit on 1/12/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvilAxis

Scattered amongst opinion are lame and patently absurd 'arguments', like, "the sun is the only driver of climate"

who makes that claim? This is the dishonesty that makes people not buy into the obvious lies told by those with an agenda. It's much more widely believed that the Sun does in fact have an impact on the climate and how much, is the unknown variable.

If you think that is false, then you will have to explain EXACTLY how much of an impact the sun has on our climate. By percentage I think would be easiest to understand. So how much OP?

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: EvilAxis

Scattered amongst opinion are lame and patently absurd 'arguments', like, "the sun is the only driver of climate"

who makes that claim? This is the dishonesty that makes people not buy into the obvious lies told by those with an agenda. It's much more widely believed that the Sun does in fact have an impact on the climate and how much, is the unknown variable.

If you think that is false, then you will have to explain EXACTLY how much of an impact the sun has on our climate. By percentage I think would be easiest to understand. So how much OP?

There was a recent thread on this site making exactly that claim.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
The video you posted from Tony Heller (alias Steven Goddard) is exactly the sort of disinfo that fills these topics. Like the aforementioned Geller-Mann Climatologists bunk, it's junk science produced by a man with an agenda and no qualifications in the field. He has a Bachelors degree in Geology, and a Masters in Electrical Engineering and has never published a peer reviewed paper of any description. He willfully misreprents data.

edit on 12-1-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh

Check out this video...

Why watch a video by a man who argues the Amazon rainforest is doing fine, the Three Gorges Dam in China was great and glyphosate weed killer is so safe he would happily drink a quart of it (but refused to do so when challenged), a paid spokesman for the forestry, mining, chemical, biotech and nuclear industries of over 30 years, paid by Asian Pulp & Paper to defend their wholesale destruction of Sumatran rainforests?

Another man with an agenda who is not a scientist and has no climatology qualifications.
edit on 12-1-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Those so-called predictions are exactly why there are a bunch of climate change lunatics running around starting these fires - to prove the predictions were right. That is some great science there...Olympic even...

The stupid attitude in this "Leadership" to ignore actual statistical facts and run with the already proven to be Solar Cycle deniers crowd just never ceases.
After years of failed Models we might have something here? I doubt it.

What this reminds me of is what is called that the "Pygmalion affect".

fs.blog...

The power of the Pygmalion afrect:
www.americanprogress.org...

This is where a prediction is lived out by the fact it was predicted there are people for some reason who do things to help the predictions.

If there were a working model of these predictions I am willing to listen. Like is posted already, we do know fires are more predictable to happen when the undergrowth is not periodically burned away to prevent catastrophic fires . But the Gov won't allow it in Cali and is seems we see that is also happening in Aussie land. Poor forest management practice is exacerbated in a greater way naturally by a drought.

edit on 12-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join